Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heat on Armored Vehicles

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SBEADER View Post
    Bulldozers at least cat versions are armoured,they have a safety cage and 2 inch lexan windows plus remesh cage over the windows. The rc helicopter/blimp is a 5th grade project at most the only challenging part would be amplifing the rc signal wich would require 15 minutes with a soldering gun and 2 or 3 walkie talkies to drop along the way to use as a signal relay net if the cell system was down.A couple of passes thru the mall parking lot would be all she wrote for the 10 to 20 thousand zombies in the parking lot.A truck could be flipped over or literaly stoped in its tracks by enough people a 49 ton steel tracked dozer isnt going to have that problem inertia and gravity would see to that.
    Having been around rc for 20 +years you are way wrong on flying and rc helicopter. A couple of passes in the parking garage and you'd have it spun out into the wall and trashed. Also, your walkie talkies wouldn't work as well you are talking about an rc model that has several channels to operate several functions. As for the busses, the zombies were starting to roll the busses and if you watch the movie again you may figure out why they didn't. Dawn '04 was a fantastic movie I am sorry you didn't get it. I like the bulldozer idea with the closed cage but again you have to know how to drive it and need fule to keep it going. A dozer would get less MPG than the busses and MAYBE there was no diesel fule to to keep it running. Can't fit as many people on it either. The bus thing made perfect sense if you think it through. If you want to pick Dawn apart try going back to GAR's Dawn and see how easy you pick it apart. One problem I have with GAR's is why does their heads spray blood if they are dead? Is that just for simple gore and shock value?
    Last edited by Redman6565; 07-Jun-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Undisclosed
    40 channel walkie talkies would do just fine.As for parking garages i dont think there is any on the way from the malls roof to andys roof in the film it looks like a straight 1500 yards across the parking lot to andys not even any powerlines in the way.An rc unit receives one channel and sends diffrent channels via wire to each diffrent servo unless your using rc parts from circa 1970s and in that case the 40 channel walkies would still work just fine to extend your range.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SBEADER View Post
    40 channel walkie talkies would do just fine.As for parking garages i dont think there is any on the way from the malls roof to andys roof in the film it looks like a straight 1500 yards across the parking lot to andys not even any powerlines in the way.An rc unit receives one channel and sends diffrent channels via wire to each diffrent servo unless your using rc parts from circa 1970s and in that case the 40 channel walkies would still work just fine to extend your range.
    Won't work trust me. Also, you ignore the fact that an rc hele is NOT simple to fly.Maybe you need to try one and see for yourself. It isn't something your going to pick up fly over to another roof land it and everything is fine. The walkie talkies will not boost the radio signal strength. Again, give it a try and you'll see I'm right on this. Also, the further away you fly the harder it will be to control. Not that you would be able to controlit in the first place. It's hard to do. Didn't you say a few pracitce runs in the parking garage. With that in mind as I said you'd smash it into the wall. Even a 2 channel hele can be tough to control. Using the dog, as they did in the movie, made much more sense than what you are saying. Your walkie talkie idea would more likely interfer with the radio signal rather than help it.

Undisclosed
    I didn't have a problem at all with them reinforcing the buses. I mean it makes sense if you are going to leave. Thing to me is that why did they want to leave? I mean they did not want to die in a mall, so instead they were going to make a mad dash to a boat for some island they don't know exists to die on it. I mean even if the island had nothing on it, they still had issues that they would have to address and the probability of an island where their are no zombies is probably zero because other people probably went there first and brought it with them (going by how the zombie rules work in the remake).

Eventually they probably would have run out of food in the mall, but they had all the entertainment they needed and probably enough food for a good long while. I just don't think the reason to want to leave was big enough. I mean even if you go somewhere else, unless the world pulls itself back together you are doomed anyway. The island thing is a good idea if you have enough people to clear it and can then use it to grow food and so on and so forth, but that is alot more work and I dont see why you couldn't plan better for something like that down the line. They practicly brought nothing with them. I understand that they had to leave in a hurry and all of that, but before you even plan for something like that you get all the supplies you might need and have it preloaded on there just in case some stuff goes down. I understand it is a movie but at the same time if they are going to do something that crazy why try not to minimalize the possibility of just dieing of starvation when you get there? Just saying.

Not to mention Anna is one of the most annoying heroines I have ever seen in a movie.

I didn't have a problem at all with them reinforcing the buses. I mean it makes sense if you are going to leave. Thing to me is that why did they want to leave? I mean they did not want to die in a mall, so instead they were going to make a mad dash to a boat for some island they don't know exists to die on it. I mean even if the island had nothing on it, they still had issues that they would have to address and the probability of an island where their are no zombies is probably zero because other people probably went there first and brought it with them (going by how the zombie rules work in the remake).

Eventually they probably would have run out of food in the mall, but they had all the entertainment they needed and probably enough food for a good long while. I just don't think the reason to want to leave was big enough. I mean even if you go somewhere else, unless the world pulls itself back together you are doomed anyway. The island thing is a good idea if you have enough people to clear it and can then use it to grow food and so on and so forth, but that is alot more work and I dont see why you couldn't plan better for something like that down the line. They practicly brought nothing with them. I understand that they had to leave in a hurry and all of that, but before you even plan for something like that you get all the supplies you might need and have it preloaded on there just in case some stuff goes down. I understand it is a movie but at the same time if they are going to do something that crazy why try not to minimalize the possibility of just dieing of starvation when you get there? Just saying.

Not to mention Anna is one of the most annoying heroines I have ever seen in a movie.
    Last edited by bd2999; 13-Jun-2008 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Hell, I would have left the mall just to get away from everyone! I didn't like the people in it and the mall itself felt much less safe than the mall in the original. They had zombies in the friggin' basement (or wherever the gas tank was)!

I would have felt safer if I were in the mall with The A-Team, MacGuyver and the Professor from Gilligans Island! Now that's a dream zombie combatin' team! They would have made an attack helicopter out of those buses, spare parts and a coconut radio (thanks to the Professor).

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I think you go to an island to give yourself the chance to survive. I don't like the idea of starving to death. As for entertainment, what happens when the electric goes off?

In this movie you only change if bitten so getting to an island and killing any zombies that may be there makes sense. You could grow food and enjoy life. Put me on the bus and in the boat.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't mind the armoured buses. I just mind the entire journey they take. It's just stupid.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post

I would have felt safer if I were in the mall with The A-Team, MacGuyver and the Professor from Gilligans Island!
    No, you don't want the A-Team. They fired 213,789,004,872 bullets on their show, and never hit anybody. Not the kind of marksmanship you want for zombie-battling.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    No, you don't want the A-Team. They fired 213,789,004,872 bullets on their show, and never hit anybody. Not the kind of marksmanship you want for zombie-battling.
    Yep, not one single kill in the A-Team....Hell, I remember one episode where they shot down a helicopter...and the bad dudes all staggered out of it with a few cuts and scrapes...

I still think the buses were a cool idea, and I agree that that mall was not the fortress that the Original Dawn mall was....it was decidedly unsafe, and when you can count your entire ammunition stockpile on two pair of hands, you really need to be getting the Hell out of dodge.

Edit: The thing that really pissed me off was when they actually made it to Andy's gun shop, they grabbed a few handfulls of ammo and bailed out, instead of spending an hour or two there and really loading up on weapons and ammo....I mean, they were there, why not load up bigtime?
    Last edited by Legion2213; 23-Jun-2008 at 01:18 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Edit: The thing that really pissed me off was when they actually made it to Andy's gun shop, they grabbed a few handfulls of ammo and bailed out, instead of spending an hour or two there and really loading up on weapons and ammo....I mean, they were there, why not load up bigtime?
    How could they "load up"? They were on foot, trying to escape running ghouls. If they tried to run away carrying 200 pounds of stuff on their backs, they'd be eaten within 5 seconds.

United States

But it would be freakin' cool to stand with them and spray that kind of ammo all over! Besides, I'd never have to worry about being hit from friendly fire!

Dead

Undisclosed
    Hell with the A-Team! That guy Andy was a crack shot. With all the equipment he had in his store, the people in the mall should have had him start thinning the heard the moment they made contact with him with the dry erase board. Surely, Andy could have come up with a few silencers for his rifles to keep the noise down.

The mall was not built as well as the Monroeville, and the dead were running (for whatever crazy reason). Place wasn't a long-term solution, but the first thing they should have done was shoot that asshole who clearly exhibited selfish tendencies the minute he got inside the mall.
    Last edited by jim102016; 25-Jun-2008 at 02:55 AM.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Hell with the A-Team! That guy Andy was a crack shot. With all the equipment he had in his store, the people in the mall should have had him start thinning the heard the moment they made contact with him with the dry erase board. Surely, Andy could have come up with a few silencers for his rifles to keep the noise down.

The mall was not built as well as the Monroeville, and the dead were running (for whatever crazy reason). Place wasn't a long-term solution, but the first thing they should have done was shoot that asshole who clearly exhibited selfish tendencies the minute he got inside the mall.
    Now that you mention it, I wonder how many of the propane tanks they had. Also, why not take one of the busses over to Andy and load it from the roof. Heck, I wonder what type of bomb old Andy could have made with all the stuff he had? Just a few ideas if we all get stuck in a mall with a bunch of zombies wanting to get in and eat us. I think if a few of us were stuck like they were we might just think our way out of it. Jim I'm want you on my team. lol

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman6565 View Post
    Now that you mention it, I wonder how many of the propane tanks they had. Also, why not take one of the busses over to Andy and load it from the roof. Heck, I wonder what type of bomb old Andy could have made with all the stuff he had? Just a few ideas if we all get stuck in a mall with a bunch of zombies wanting to get in and eat us. I think if a few of us were stuck like they were we might just think our way out of it. Jim I'm want you on my team. lol
    Sounds good, Redman. We'll round up a few hookers, knock off a liquor store, and head for the nearest fortified gun store...and pray we can get in! I've seen a few firearms stores that were built like Fort Knox.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post

Which one? Kennith, Andre, CJ or Steve? They were all pretty selfish to begin with...
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon