Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heat on Armored Vehicles

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Sounds good, Redman. We'll round up a few hookers, knock off a liquor store, and head for the nearest fortified gun store...and pray we can get in! I've seen a few firearms stores that were built like Fort Knox.
    haha I can't drink I'll have to find something else to party on.

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I never understood why they left the mall in the first place. They didn't say anything about running low on anything, it just seemed like plot device "I don't want to die here" uh, ok, where do you want to die then? On an island you've never even heard of that may or may not exist?

Reinforcing the buses was a good idea but it was a bit A-teamish in execution. Pro autobody shops would have a hard time making some of the mods they threw together.

And why wasn't Andy out on the roof every day using up ammo? He knew he was running out of food soon, WTF? even if there was 10,000 zombies out front thats not that much ammo for a gun store, thats 100 boxes of 100 rounds. I've gone through 100 rounds in a hour plinking at the range. At the very least the "rescue party" should have set up camp for a bit and thinned the crowd before trying to make a break for it.

And why didn't they shoot the guy that locked the return door on them? that would have been priority #1 for me if I was on the outside even if zombies were chasing me.

England
    ZP, the mall wasn't secure, they had already had those things running around in the basement or whatever. The Monroeville Mall in the original Dawn was nicely buttoned up and zombie proof (until the bikers came along). The Dawn 04 Mall didn't have that sense of security to me....the Original Dawn folks also had plenty of ammo, the Dawn 04 people only had a few dozen rounds tops (there is a scene where they are counting what they have got, and it ain't much).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    ZP, the mall wasn't secure, they had already had those things running around in the basement or whatever. The Monroeville Mall in the original Dawn was nicely buttoned up and zombie proof (until the bikers came along). The Dawn 04 Mall didn't have that sense of security to me....the Original Dawn folks also had plenty of ammo, the Dawn 04 people only had a few dozen rounds tops (there is a scene where they are counting what they have got, and it ain't much).
    Have to agree, the movie was not as secure as in the original. The dead were also more mobile and violent. I've wondered why Andy didn't do more to cut down the masses out front. Maybe he was worried about the noise attracting more of the dead, perhaps his lack of nutrition prevented him from hanging off the roof for long periods of time.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Here's an idea. We have all these places where you could get the zombies into then lock them in. Take Cincy. You have a football, baseball, and 5th 3rd arena. I wonder how many zombies you could lock in those three places.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman6565 View Post
    Here's an idea. We have all these places where you could get the zombies into then lock them in. Take Cincy. You have a football, baseball, and 5th 3rd arena. I wonder how many zombies you could lock in those three places.
    I've thought about using sports stadiums both ways, they tend not to have any windows due to their nature, so they are sort of like little fortresses, you could set up a decent tent city and store a lot of supplies in one if you were well organized.

As for luring zeds into them, sounds good on the surface, but when you have (for example) 2.000 zeds in one how do you get another thousand in there without the other ones busting out?
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    And why wasn't Andy out on the roof every day using up ammo? He knew he was running out of food soon, WTF? even if there was 10,000 zombies out front thats not that much ammo for a gun store, thats 100 boxes of 100 rounds. I've gone through 100 rounds in a hour plinking at the range. At the very least the "rescue party" should have set up camp for a bit and thinned the crowd before trying to make a break for it.
    i think the main problem with thinning the herd out by using guns would be the noise you'd be making. who's to say that for every one you shot, you wouldn't be drawing 3 more right to where you are at.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    i think the main problem with thinning the herd out by using guns would be the noise you'd be making. who's to say that for every one you shot, you wouldn't be drawing 3 more right to where you are at.
    The "rescue party" (mall folks) only had a few dozen rounds anyway, not much zombie thinning is gonna be happening there.

Undisclosed
    Redman you have some tacticaly sound ideas.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman6565 View Post
    Good luck getting them all in those three places.

United States
    And remember, these zombies are faster than you. How are you going to lure them into a stadium with you, then get out yourself?

United States
    It would take alot more people,to lure them into a stadium.you can't do something like that by yourself.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    At least the mall had supplies, including first aid. I could understand if someone in the group had an idea of the makeup of the island they were going to and could vouch for its safety but they just say "let's go to an island cause I don't want to die where it's relatively safe" with no way of knowing what supplies the island had or its security. I would rather take my chances with zombies contained in the basement, knowing that I have plenty of supplies on hand for the time being than go on some fatal foolhardy adventure, especially with schmucks like that yuppie prick.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    At least the mall had supplies, including first aid. I could understand if someone in the group had an idea of the makeup of the island they were going to and could vouch for its safety but they just say "let's go to an island cause I don't want to die where it's relatively safe" with no way of knowing what supplies the island had or its security. I would rather take my chances with zombies contained in the basement, knowing that I have plenty of supplies on hand for the time being than go on some fatal foolhardy adventure, especially with schmucks like that yuppie prick.
    I agree.It was really stupid for them to leave the mall for a island.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    At least the mall had supplies, including first aid.
    For a limited time only. Bottom line is, they would eventually have to leave it. Why just wait around to die in there? That was the whole point; it was expressly stated in the movie. How does everyone miss it?