Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heat on Armored Vehicles

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    For a limited time only. Bottom line is, they would eventually have to leave it. Why just wait around to die in there? That was the whole point; it was expressly stated in the movie. How does everyone miss it?
    They should've taking more time to plan their escape better.If they had spent alittle more time planing,there would've been more then four of them at the end.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    They should've taking more time to plan their escape better.If they had spent alittle more time planing,there would've been more then four of them at the end.
    How exactly can "run for your life" be planned?

They had no more way of knowing what was happening outside their mall than Peter and Fran had of knowing what was outside theirs. They've got very little ammo, a finite amount of food, and someone getting offed every day. You have to just grab your ass and go; there's nothing to plan.

United States
    How exactly can "run for your life" be planned?

They had no more way of knowing what was happening outside their mall than Peter and Fran had of knowing what was outside theirs. They've got very little ammo, a finite amount of food, and someone getting offed every day. You have to just grab your ass and go; there's nothing to plan.
    I mean when they decide to reinforce the buses,and take a boat to an island.They didn't plan that out well.

United States
    Yeah, I always wondered why they didn't use that BP truck at the loading dock to drive over to Andy, and then have him hop off the roof to the top of the truck and then drive him back to the mall?

Even if he had to put together a makeshift rope ladder or something (maybe out of rifle slings, I dunno) wouldn't that have made more sense than to send the dog?

Suspension of disbelief I guess. It would have made too much sense to do this and better for suspense sake I guess to do something completely riduculous instead of something safe and practical.

Personally, the idea of reinforcing the shuttle buses makes sense to me. Just hated the way Snyder turned it into an A-Team montage, replete with an MTV soundtrack while stupid Nicole spraypainting her stupidity on the cowcatchers.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 10-Aug-2008 at 07:48 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    That always bugged me too.Why didn't they take the truck over to get Andy.Are you telling me it wouldn't have been easier that way.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Yeah, I always wondered why they didn't use that BP truck at the loading dock to drive over to Andy, and then have him hop off the roof to the top of the truck and then drive him back to the mall?
    they probably would've had to do that fairly early on. the chick was able to jump in and drive over, fair enough. i wonder though, if getting back would've been as easy. the large numbers of zombies, alerted to the presence of potential food, might've made it damn hard for the driver to extricate themselves from the truck without getting turned into human carpaccio.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    they probably would've had to do that fairly early on. the chick was able to jump in and drive over, fair enough. i wonder though, if getting back would've been as easy. the large numbers of zombies, alerted to the presence of potential food, might've made it damn hard for the driver to extricate themselves from the truck without getting turned into human carpaccio.
    Maybe if they had thinned the crowd beforehand, with explosives and a lot of Andy's choice sniping. Also, an okie-doke manuever, getting the zombies to congregate on one side of the mall while the truck goes around back.

I don't know, but I still think stupid Nicole's spraypaint job was worth hating!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Maybe if they had thinned the crowd beforehand, with explosives and a lot of Andy's choice sniping. Also, an okie-doke manuever, getting the zombies to congregate on one side of the mall while the truck goes around back.

I don't know, but I still think stupid Nicole's spraypaint job was worth hating!
    true, maybe a couple of those propane tanks off the roof might've thinned things out enough or if the rest of the folks had gone to one side of the roof and raised a commotion. both might at least give the driver a decent chance of getting out.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States

Thats what I was going to say.It's not that hard to think of these things.

United States

funny thing

One thing that just came to mind, while we're pointing out all the faults in this movie. Why was it so easy for nicole to hop in the truck and drive through the sea of zombies and it was a hell of alot harder for the shuttles to do the same task? Its not like there were less at the time and the bitch didn't even have a propane tank.
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"

United States
    That always bugged me too.Why didn't they take the truck over to get Andy.Are you telling me it wouldn't have been easier that way.
    That's exactly what they were planning to do when it came time to leave the mall.

United States
    That's exactly what they were planning to do when it came time to leave the mall.
    No,they were planning to use one of the buses to pick Andy up.

United States
    Same difference. They weren't going to take the truck across town, and they weren't going to use the truck to get Andy, come back to the mall, then try to head out in the buses. That would just be stupid.

The only problem was that the girl jumped the gun and forced them to try to mount a retrieval operation. And we saw how that turned out. If they had tried to get Andy before this, the buses wouldn't have been ready yet, and they'd have all been eaten alive in the mall. And that wouldn't have solved anything.

United States
    They were planning on getting Andy when the buses were ready.And when they were leaving the mall for good.

United States
    They were planning on getting Andy when the buses were ready.And when they were leaving the mall for good.
    Exactly. And they wouldn't use the truck to do that, because the truck wouldn't make it across town.

And as the movie showed us, trying to get over there and back in the truck would have been suicidal. Yet, people ask "why didn't they do that"?