Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Heat on Armored Vehicles

England
    The truck might have been an option if it was actually inside the mall and they were able to add some caging and protection to it, but seeing as it was oustide, it wasn't an option, which left them with the shuttles
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    I agree with the wearing the lines of zombies out but that would have been tricky to prevent noise, how effective would it be to haul some tvs from radio sahck or whatever to the roof and drop em on the zombies below I'm sure the bodies would've muffled the noise. When the truck full of people arrived I got two questions how did the people in the back get out? and especially how did the big woman get out when she needed a wheel barrow to move? Also when what's his face killed the janitor with the broken croquet mallet wasn't that a sports store he was in? What would stop them from say tying some climbing rope to an arrow and shooting it to andy who ties it on his end and climbs above the undead? He looked like he was in pretty good shape. In that same electronics store wouldn't they have had some CB Radios? I know my local electronics stores do. Before anyone tells me a rope on an arrow is to heavy get some real long fishing line tie one end to the arrow and the other to the rope. Andy grabs the line and pulls the rope to him worst that happens it falls apart and they try again.

p.s. I to hated the whole spray paint part. Did she think that helped or something?

United States
    You know how sometimes people just dislike an idea, because everyone else does? The make shift escape vehicles are an easy target that some people disliked and it just has become so easy for people to point a finger at them and snigger. In my opinion it was a workable option, not one I personally would have come up with when they did. They made a break for the island “dream” before they had to. I would have exhausted all of my options in and around the mall before moving my people elsewhere. Especially when you have no way of knowing if option B is better. In this case, the island clearly wasn’t.

Getting Andy would have been a priority for me, as well as the ammo and guns he had in his shop. I would have focused on that and after the mall had no more to offer, or if it became too unsafe I would have either moved on or found a way to make it safe.

Thing is movies are not very interesting if there is no drama, and staying inside a locked building with nothing of note going on for 3 hours does not a good movie make. As has been said above suspension of disbelief is the key factor here.

The shuttles were fine, the montage again was kind of campy for my taste. But the music being played in the original Dawn while they cleaned out the mall was pretty damn campy too in my opinion. It is easy to look back on the works we love so much with rose colored glasses but they were far from perfect offerings. I think we can all agree on this despite our love of them.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Exactly. And they wouldn't use the truck to do that, because the truck wouldn't make it across town.

And as the movie showed us, trying to get over there and back in the truck would have been suicidal. Yet, people ask "why didn't they do that"?

Though instead they hatched a highly problematic plan of using a dog to get to Andy because he was starving. My point is that they could have gotten Andy with the truck even while they were still working on the buses. This should have been done as soon as possible. They could have then stocked up on a decent supply of ammo and had a great sniper on their side of the street.

I don't know that getting to Andy with the truck would have been suicidal, given that an old lady was able to safely make it into the mall from the truck.

So my plan would have been:

1) On the opposite side of the bulding, while standing on the roof, the survivors attract as many zombies as possible.

2) Andy thins out the crowd around the truck and covers two survivors as they climb down from the roof onto the top of the truck. Driver climbs into cab, non-driver stays on top of truck.

3) The truck drives across the street to Andy's gun shop. Driver remains at wheel, second man climbs up top to receive boxes of ammo supplies from Andy. Finally andy jumps down to the top to the truck from his patio. Andy and the non-driver-rescuer secure themselves to the top of the truck for the trip.

4) Truck drives back to the mall. Andy and Non-driver crawl up to roof of mall and then proceed to cover driver as he crawls out of cab and then up to roof.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 30-Sep-2008 at 09:31 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    The shuttles were fine, the montage again was kind of campy for my taste. But the music being played in the original Dawn while they cleaned out the mall was pretty damn campy too in my opinion. It is easy to look back on the works we love so much with rose colored glasses but they were far from perfect offerings. I think we can all agree on this despite our love of them.
    Well said. It's cool to love something, just call it what it is. I love dawn but is it better than day? One would have to say no. The people who say dawn is better are sentimentally biased, imo.

With that said though dawn is my fav.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    1) On the opposite side of the bulding, while standing on the roof, the survivors attract as many zombies as possible.

2) Andy thins out the crowd around the truck and covers two survivors as they climb down from the roof onto the top of the truck. Driver climbs into cab, non-driver stays on top of truck.

3) The truck drives across the street to Andy's gun shop. Driver remains at wheel, second man climbs up top to receive boxes of ammo supplies from Andy. Finally andy jumps down to the top to the truck from his patio. Andy and the non-driver-rescuer secure themselves to the top of the truck for the trip.

4) Truck drives back to the mall. Andy and Non-driver crawl up to roof of mall and then proceed to cover driver as he crawls out of cab and then up to roof.
    I agrre with your plan.It's an easy plan,and any idiot should be able to pull it off.

Undisclosed

Ok guys......

Now lets see the situation you have to leave through a crowd of flesh eating fast zombies, gee doesnt it make sense to armor the vehicles you are leaving in, ok the whole scene when they were doing this was a bit annoying, but it made all the sense to prepare those vehicles, cause you want to get out and get away, not get out and get eaten.

You know how sometimes people just dislike an idea, because everyone else does? The make shift escape vehicles are an easy target that some people disliked and it just has become so easy for people to point a finger at them and snigger. In my opinion it was a workable option, not one I personally would have come up with when they did. They made a break for the island “dream” before they had to. I would have exhausted all of my options in and around the mall before moving my people elsewhere. Especially when you have no way of knowing if option B is better. In this case, the island clearly wasn’t.

Getting Andy would have been a priority for me, as well as the ammo and guns he had in his shop. I would have focused on that and after the mall had no more to offer, or if it became too unsafe I would have either moved on or found a way to make it safe.

Thing is movies are not very interesting if there is no drama, and staying inside a locked building with nothing of note going on for 3 hours does not a good movie make. As has been said above suspension of disbelief is the key factor here.

You know thorn, you got a point there.
    Last edited by lullubelle; 11-Oct-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

United States
    You know how sometimes people just dislike an idea, because everyone else does? The make shift escape vehicles are an easy target that some people disliked and it just has become so easy for people to point a finger at them and snigger.
    I do think that fortifying the buses was a good idea. Certainly, I would rather go out of the mall in a prepared bus rather than one that is not fortified. What I hated, and I think a lot of people similarily disliked was the stereotypical A-Team montage of them fortifying the bus accompanied by the MTV soundtrack that was pervasive throughout most of the film. (Not to mention the idiotic spraypainting on the cowcatchers - What the hell was that for? Sure it wasn't meant to make the character look any more lame than she already did) I think that the use of this montage was indicative of a lazy director with no real original vision, which is - at least for me- one of the main things that made a lot of the movie just a standard, mediocre SciFi Channel like TV movie of the week.

Thorn does make a very valid point about viewing our favorite films from the past through Rose Colored Glasses and that the original had many flaws on it's own.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    and I think a lot of people similarily disliked was the stereotypical A-Team montage of them fortifying the bus accompanied by the MTV soundtrack that was pervasive throughout most of the film. (Not to mention the idiotic spraypainting on the cowcatchers - What the hell was that for? Sure it wasn't meant to make the character look any more lame than she already did) I think that the use of this montage was indicative of a lazy director with no real original vision, which is - at least for me- one of the main things that made a lot of the movie just a standard, mediocre SciFi Channel like TV movie of the week.

Thorn does make a very valid point about viewing our favorite films from the past through Rose Colored Glasses and that the original had many flaws on it's own.
    I was thinking the Same thing as far as the A-Team!!! LOL

Also, putting some shelving on a van and calling this fortifying is ridiculas. those things are incredibly top heavy and flimsy. If I had to go out I would try and secure the vehicles as much a possible but watching some of these folks work on it was down right funny! Although I could not see my wife doing anything other than the spray paint scene