Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: since the day remake blows chunks...

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    and you know that in 2012 yet another remake will be on its way, Land12 = Ghey12

United States
    I'll either be stoned or banned after this

I watched DAy last night, expecting the worst and actually was left entertained at the end of the day. It wasn't as horrible as I'd thought it would be; better than the RETURN sequels 4 and 5 ... better than the HOUSE films, better than RE2 ...

Would I own it ? No.

Will I see it again ? Maybe, if it shows up on SciFi Channel.

Nothing fresh original about it, didn't need an explanation on why it was happening, didn't care for the new Vegan Bub subplotline ..

But

I was entertained and thought it worthy a Blockbuster rental ona Monday night,

The zombies ran; like spastic ran; creepy.

I was impressed with the atmosphere of them actually having zombies in it; in the streets, in the hospital. Much better than LAND IMO where there was no zombies (exagerrating).

The cast was 'Bleh'. Suvari went from can't ****ing act at all to some scenes where she was competent, Ving was Ving and having him killed off quick was fun, the two young kids (The hot chick and brother) were good competent enough for the subject matter.

I thought it somewhat nice to have some production value; moving from the woods, to the hospital, th=o the street, to the bunker, to the secret science lab and to the radio station; I thought the mutilple locations served it well.

I enjoyed many of the zombie scenes where they would get hit by cars and then get up, or they would crash through windows like RAGE style.

The gore was acceptable if even it looked like I did the FX myself

-

Overall ?

I say rent it.

In a time when most zombie films are pure crap; this one was like a first rate SCIFI Channel special.

-

IMO
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

Super Moderator

UK
    *prepares sack of stoning stones*

Ooh yeah, that's a BIG one......

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "All right......no one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle. Even... and I want to make this absolutely clear....even if they do say, "Jehovah. "

United States
    LOl

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I'll either be stoned or banned after this

I watched DAy last night, expecting the worst and actually was left entertained at the end of the day. It wasn't as horrible as I'd thought it would be; better than the RETURN sequels 4 and 5 ... better than the HOUSE films, better than RE2 ...
    I thought RE2 was far better then this steaming pile.

After watching it, I have a new found respect for Land and even Diary's acting. I just couldn't accept 95% of what happened in the movie. I mean, zombies eating then hiding people? IMO the Minor and the dip**** screenwriter had no clue...at all. A friend of mine and I talked about it and we couldn't comprehend what the filmmakers were thinking. You can't be proud of a movie like day 08. So I had to hear what they had to say about it, i watched about 30 mins of commentary and stopped before my eyes got perma stuck in the rolls eyes position.

Out of 10 stars I'd give it 2.

Oh yeah, that "cool", 100% random, fake film grain effect was created by baking a segment of film in the oven.

I'd tell people interested in making movies to watch it and listen to the commentary so you know how a **** movie looks like and the thinking behind it. Zombie genre of course.

"You look hot."

United States
    LOL I can dig it

I just thought it was entertaining; maybe it was the build of sucktitude. Like reverse hype ?

I didn't mind the zombies being unorthdox; reminded me of the Planet Terror ones a bit .