Thread: looking for Dawn on VHS (Canada or UK versions)

ViP

United States

looking for Dawn on VHS (Canada or UK versions)

I'm looking for various foriegn (non-USA) VHS versions of Dawn of the Dead. If you have a version lying around, PM me and we'll discuss price. Thanks.

capncnut
    Well, I have two copies of the Intervision Video edition of Dawn (one mint, one backup), and a heavily censored Entertainment In Video copy. I only keep the second one because it has almost every gore scene trimmed with the exception of the helicopter kill and Flyboy's headshot. I can't see myself selling them for a while yet but if I do, you'll be the first to know.
    Last edited by capncnut; 04-Apr-2008 at 05:52 AM.

ViP

United States
    I love the artwork on those. Seriously though, if you see a cheap copy for sale locally, snag it for me.

capncnut
    If I had a third Intervision copy, I'd totally sell it. I only keep a second 'cos I love the cut itself and the trailers are really cool (Night and Shivers in a double bill type trailer). A solo copy is like $60-80 but it's totally worth it. If I see a cheapie, I'll PM ya and snag it matey.

ViP

United States
    Oh hell, I'm only looking for cheap copies, 10 bucks max. I'm talking 2nd hand and pawn shop type prices

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Oh hell, I'm only looking for cheap copies, 10 bucks max. I'm talking 2nd hand and pawn shop type prices
    For 10 bucks you might find an EIV copy or maybe even an Intervision copy (but broke out of it's cardboard cover and put into a regular plastic cover) but mint, NO CHANCE.

Unless you meet an idiot.
    Last edited by capncnut; 05-Apr-2008 at 10:56 AM.

England
    Axlish,
    I think i've got the EIV one lying around somewhere. Its a readily available version so has no value. You can have it for free + p&p if you want it because its just taking up space and i have no reason to keep it (i collect the dvd versions instead).
    Anyway let me know and i'll dig it out for you.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    There is always UK versions on ebay usally only seeling for a pound or two. The only UK videos that make anything half decent is the intervision one.
    Your biggest cost will be the shipping from the UK, should be about £4.00

Canada
    if u have a alco in your area, they still stock vhs . came across the annivesary (sp) editions couple years ago. drove to another alco same deal.

alco is the hillbillies walmart so vhs is still popular :P

ViP

United States
    Still interested in these if anyone has a spare laying around. Actually, I'll take anything, Australian, South American, Japanese, send me whatever you got

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Still interested in these if anyone has a spare laying around. Actually, I'll take anything, Australian, South American, Japanese, send me whatever you got
    Dude that's crazy cause i actually have a vhs copy that i haven't viewed in years. Why would you want it anyway? Collector?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Dude that's crazy cause i actually have a vhs copy that i haven't viewed in years. Why would you want it anyway? Collector?
    Yes, I am a collector. I am only looking for foreign versions at this point though.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I have the Intervision version but I want £25 for It there Is one on ebay cut into a plastic box.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zombies-Interv...d=p3286.c0.m14

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yes, I am a collector. I am only looking for foreign versions at this point though.
    ok then
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"