Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weinstein Re-Releases NOTLD 40th Directors Cut

Undisclosed

Weinstein Re-Releases NOTLD 40th Directors Cut

George A. Romero?s Diary Of The Dead DVD will hit stores May 20th, 2008. On that same day a re-released 40th Anniversary Director?s Edition Night Of The Living Dead DVD will also be released with new transfer and brand new features yet to be announced. The Diary and Night Covers and our Review are over at Zombiefriends.com.

http://www.zombiefriends.com/club/news.asp?nid=60
    I've selected a knit stocking cap, black and gold, with a Steeler emblem on the side. Is it okay if I put some spaghetti sauce on it? - George A. Romero

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by cinezombi View Post
    George A. Romero?s Diary Of The Dead DVD will hit stores May 20th, 2008. On that same day a re-released 40th Anniversary Director?s Edition Night Of The Living Dead DVD will also be released with new transfer and brand new features yet to be announced. The Diary and Night Covers and our Review are over at Zombiefriends.com.

http://www.zombiefriends.com/club/news.asp?nid=60
    Please let's not have any of the stupid new added footage in Night... Leave it as it should be PLEEEASE!

I've still not been able to see Diary (in the UK)... At this rate I'll just be ordering the DVD and watching it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    If it's the same one that was released in Europe a few months ago, I have it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Please let's not have any of the stupid new added footage in Night...
    Nah, it's not a Russo rehash.

Undisclosed
    That is the worst NIGHT dvd cover yet. Are they trying not to sell copies?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Yeah, I have to admit that looks pretty generic. Why not use the original film poster for a change?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Yeah, I have to admit that looks pretty generic. Why not use the original film poster for a change?
    They need a retro horror design in order to distinguish it from the seemingly endless Saw-inspired grunge logos on the DVD shelves at Best Buy.

Night hasn't had a decent legit DVD cover yet:

United States
    it'd have to have some pretty impressive special features for me to cough up any bucks for the weinstein company, seems how the millenium edition is about as good as it gets, imo.

but i'm planning on scoopin' up the diary dvd as soon as it drops.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Nothing like slapping some cover art together and throwing it on the packaging.

I wonder what marketing genuis came up with that.
    If you are going to make a big deal about the 40th anniversary why not do it right?

Looks a little like
    http://img.tesco.com/pi/entertainmen...248_DV_L_F.jpg
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 01-Apr-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    it'd have to have some pretty impressive special features for me to cough up any bucks for the weinstein company, seems how the millenium edition is about as good as it gets, imo.
    I'd just be thrilled to get a new hi-def transfer without any unnecessary edge enhancement. The Millennium Edition was released six years ago and technology has changed quite a bit.

And to be honest, there's not much more they'll be able to come up with for worthwhile DVD extras. Without some serious research and digging, you're going to hear the same old stories from the same people that already seemed to have forgotten most of the details 15 years ago when they recorded the laserdisc commentary.

That's what Anchor Bay could have better spent their money on 10 years ago instead of handing over the cash for pointless new scenes with Reverend Chipmunk.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 02-Apr-2008 at 01:31 AM.

England
    ”One For The Fire – The Legacy of Night of the Living Dead” - An all-new ninety-minute documentary on the making and enduring appeal of the film featuring cast & crew interviews

Restored all-new 4x3 1080p HD transfer

If they are adding those things on top of all the stuff contained in the millenium edition it will be worth a punt for those who don't own the millenium one.

Edit: I quite like the cover, it's understated and suits the movie IMO
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    Ehh, I too am not a fan of that cover for NOTLD. However, I need a superior version of the film on DVD, seeing as I only have two bargain bin versions, so I'll be picking it up.

Does anyone know if DOTD will have any additional footage added to the film?

So if this a 1080P trasnsfer, will there be matte bars on the sides, or will it be hard matted to where we lose image on top & bottom? Pitty the original one sheet wasn't used. I still like this cover the most:

England
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott View Post
    So if this a 1080P trasnsfer, will there be matte bars on the sides, or will it be hard matted to where we lose image on top & bottom? Pitty the original one sheet wasn't used. I still like this cover the most:

They say it's 4:3 aspect ratio on the site...so we get the real deal, but have to put up with those dark grey matte bars on the sides of our lovely widescreen plasmas...I'd rather have that than lose the top and bottom of the picture though.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    I really hope it has the new Night documentry on it.

Undisclosed
    Diary of the Dead
    # Audio Commentary with George A. Romero, Director of Photography Adam Swica, and Editor Michael Doherty
    # ”For The Record: The Making of Diary of the Dead” – A ninety-minute, five-part look into the creation of the film including interviews with the cast & crew.
    # ”Character Confessionals” – A series of “in-character” confessionals from the cast that were not seen in the final film
    # ”Familiar Voices “– A look at some of the original recording sessions of three of the famous voices used in the background of the film.
    # ”MySpace Short Contest Winners” – The Best of the “MySpace” Diary of the Dead contest winners

Night of the Living Dead: 40th Anniversary Edition
    # Duane Jones' Final Audio Interview
    # Audio Commentaries
    # ”One For The Fire – The Legacy of Night of the Living Dead” - An all-new ninety-minute documentary on the making and enduring appeal of the film featuring cast & crew interviews
    # Restored all-new 4x3 1080p HD transfer