Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA IV Excitement Thread (nee Anticipation)

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hm, anybody know if parts of the original Liberty City will be recreated in this game?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post

i like it,the sense of humour hasnt been lost!
    I hope theres still those old blokes walking around liberty city saying "yup,aah've been drinkin' again"

Undisclosed
    Mhm Got it pre-ordered. I Walked into game to trade in my copy of DMC4 walked out dazed with a preordering slip for GTA. I cant complain though it looks to be amazing, anyone who wants to wet their whistle if you go to the official rockstar website they have let some of the big gaming sites play it ( gamestop, ign, kotaku ) and theres a list of about eight sites with their take on the whole thing.

One more thing, the graphics arent crap its just that the shots where it looks bad ( and it really does ) is because there is an artistic filter over the top. Besides GTA has never been about graphics its always been about the gameplay.
    Why arent you laughing?

United States
    Rockstar confirmed, like most games, that the multiplayer graphics would be toned down a bit to help with latency issues. Good move, as eliminating lag is paramount to a good online experience.

OXM UK got the world exclusive first review, and they gave it, of course, a 10/10. Some quick points revealed in the review:

-360 exclusive downloadable content is apparently 10 hours long.
    -Your ingame mobile creates radio interference.
    -The Stooges on the soundtrack.
    -In some missions you have to decide who lives and dies. 'more time agonising over one particularly tough choice than we did over harvesting Bioshock's little sisters'
    -Headshot drivers who fall on the horn and the accelerator.
    -Achievement for assasination missions called 'Assassin's Greed'

About the mobile
    'You start out with Roman's cast-off mobile, good only for text and calls, but a later upgrade is much more useful. You're sent photos of assassination targets, can snap photos of your own to check on any police car computer, and can buy new ringtones and themes from your computer'

Cabs
    'Being able to take cabs everywhere is a huge time-saver. albeit not cheap. The authentic view of the back of the dirver's head and the city through the window...'

Grumbles (pre-final build):
    'Cover system stumbling in box-filled environments'
    'Slightly over-enthusiastic target lock-on'
    'The occasional pop-up'

You can read the review scans below, Here is the the last page/score:

Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6
    Page 7
    Page 8
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 14-Apr-2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ohhh boy , if you go on the GTA IV website you can look at various places/people from around Liberty City and one of them is 'Burger Shot' which has the description of "kill your hunger". There is also some fancy restaurant and a diner. I hope this doesn't mean we've got another San Andreas on our hands, in the sense that you need to friggin eat, cause that was annoying.

Super Moderator

UK
    The whole weight thing was taken out completely cos it was sh*te, they said that ages ago, so in turn that'll mean not having to eat either ... that's what I'd bet on.

It'd just be one of those things, you can eat if you want, or maybe you might gain some health from eating - like in Saints Row.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    This thread has made the wait for this game even more agonising.....!

Nice one!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    This thread has made the wait for this game even more agonising.....!

Nice one!
    lol, innit just!

I'm keeping my mind off it with BioShock, as previously said, and other purchases (roll on Knocked Up 2-disc DVD which was on sale, and the new M83 album - ho yeah!)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im still not feeling it, it might be the modern setting, had a blast dusting off vice city last night, running over hookers to video killed the radio star is much more fun without consequences

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    more fun without consequences
    hellsing, is there something you're not telling us about your murky past?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    im still not feeling it,
    somebody on that side of the atlantic smack hellsing for me.
    thanks.

CoinReturn, thanks for posting the excellent review.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel like Cartman waiting for the Nintendo Wii.

Two weeks from tonight, the local store with my pre-ordered copy is less than a five-minute walk from my pad....then I'll be elbow deep in the blood of the citizens of Liberty City!!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    *smacks hellsing from this side of the Atlantic* - there, job done as requested.

Also - I'm about one touch of the bell-end away from exploding my load all over my undercrackers right about now, damn...still only half way through April, sheesh...

This is like that guy in Friday 13th Part 6 who's shagging that proper fitty and she says he has to last till the end of the song, which has 10 minutes left to run ... geeeeez.

Annnnnd - cheers for the scans, Sir!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    lol, innit just!

I'm keeping my mind off it with BioShock, as previously said, and other purchases (roll on Knocked Up 2-disc DVD which was on sale, and the new M83 album - ho yeah!)
    Yeah I'm sating my epetite for this game with Fable which i downloaded off the marketplace...very cool game actually, but still...I want GTA damnit!!!!!

Undisclosed
    I don't know. $60 could buy me a 70 lbs heavy bag on clearance. Use it as a grappling dummy. GTA 4 or generic grappling dummy? Decisions.....

Super Moderator

UK
    ...the f*ck's a "generic grappling dummy"?

Is that slang or cover-up talk for a Real Doll?

Pfft, unless it's a Real Doll, it's GTA4 up top all the way. I read that article that was put up, it's odd to read such detail about it without having access to play it, you know how something might sound harder or fiddlier by the sound of it, but you'll never know until you play it, and then it'll probably be better than you might have thought.

Duno really...still canny wait for the game though, sounds awesome with all the detail, I look forward to surfing the GTA4 version of the internet - your email account in-game even gets spam!