Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: GTA IV Excitement Thread (nee Anticipation)

United States
    that's actually a pretty easy achievement to get. i got it within my first handful of mp games. with that achievement, you can unlock the "zombie" costume by going to your player model and at the bottom of the screen, you should see the option to change to the zombie outfit ( complete with canary yellow speedo! ) by pressing LB.

as for myself, been ripping up the mp lately. haven't done much of anything other than team death matches. did a few games of cops n crooks, deal breaker, and individual free-for-all death matches. pretty fun, but i wish there was an easy option to party up after a match, similar to the one used in halo3.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've just now started Brucie's races. Man, those are a blast.

I know, I know. I'm behind.

I've been thinking of going through the trouble of getting Live hooked up, but I haven't decided on it yet. My house was not built with Xbox live in mind.

United States
    if played correctly with a proper crew of good players who communicate and utilize cover, concealment, and stealth (crouching down to stay off the radar, accessing rooftops with sniper rifles and rpg's, using kamikaze automobile pilots, etc), a team can totally dominate on gta4.

last night i played with a team of guys and we rocked the a$$ off of the opposing team. i got up on an overhead train track with a sniper and was popping heads like balloons from a couple of blocks away. i must've killed eight dudes in like three minutes.

you really should get on live bassman. that's the whole reason i bought my 360, to play with my buddies back home while away at school. we need to build a solid hpotd team to get online and dominate. anyone interested?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dont take this the wrong way but from that you come off as one of the guys i hate playing with on live ,the "commando" types who have "tactics" for team slayer and the like, not being insulting, but i go into online games for fun with other people yknow and that whole notion of a team practicing for matches like its a big tournament takes away from the fun of it.
    I like to go into every match in an online game going to play it completely different just to have fun, but every so often ill get told off by the "leader" of our team who is pissed i'm not "taking up my position" in his plan of attack.
    the furthest ill go is "got guys coming up from the left" or "you get in the turret and ill head round the side and snipe em".

United States
    no offense taken, hellsing. but, nah, i never really bark orders and tell people what to do. there's quite a few guys i've played with who know their sh!t, though, and have shown me a tip or two for winning certain gametypes. livingdude is supposed to be getting his connection fixed friday, so we'll most likely be chasing the time achievements.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    you really should get on live bassman. that's the whole reason i bought my 360, to play with my buddies back home while away at school. we need to build a solid hpotd team to get online and dominate. anyone interested?
    I really want to. I've even got 3 of those month free cards. I just can't get the line to the part of the house my 360 is in. Well, I can. It would just be a pain in the ass and take more than half a day to get it there.

Are there any wireless connections for the 360?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye theres a little white box with an arial you plug into the usb port on the back of the console, bit steep at 60 quid though considerign the ps3 and wii do it built in.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I really want to. I've even got 3 of those month free cards. I just can't get the line to the part of the house my 360 is in. Well, I can. It would just be a pain in the ass and take more than half a day to get it there.

I'm in the exact same boat, Sir. Exactly.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yes sir. I think they're pretty expensive, though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually that reminds me my first year of live runs out in 10 days.

Super Moderator

United States
    Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, or your situation, this should not be a problem. My 360 was wireless capable out of the box. I just had to enable it and a friend did it for me in like a minute by going through the menus. So IF you have a cheap-o wireless router for your computer this shouldn't be a problem.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, or your situation, this should not be a problem. My 360 was wireless capable out of the box. I just had to enable it and a friend did it for me in like a minute by going through the menus. So IF you have a cheap-o wireless router for your computer this shouldn't be a problem.
    Wait a minute. So you're saying that if I have a wireless router, I can simply change something in the menus and BAM...I'm on Live? Without any kind of cords or connections?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    My 360 needs a wireless adapter to work, and it's a 360 elite too.....it's a USB connection that hooks onto the back of your xbox to enable a wireless signal to be sent.

United States
    yeah, with mine i needed to buy the $100 wireless network adapter. but if you've got a router, you should be good to go after you get that thing-a-ma-jig.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Most replied thread ever?