Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA IV Excitement Thread (nee Anticipation)

United States

GTA IV Excitement Thread (nee Anticipation)

So, we're getting pretty close to the release date, and I honestly can say that I've never been so stoked about the release of a game. With all the hype, controversies, delays, etc. this game has got a lot to live up to. My personal expectations are HUGE, and from what I'm reading, Rockstar will once again deliver.

http://xbox360.ign.com/launch/grand-theft-auto-iv.html

Just wanted to begin a thread for all of us GTA junkies who are twitching like a nervous chainsmoking rabbit on a six-day coke bender. Those interested please share your thoughts, and here's to the 29th!

Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 11-Apr-2008 at 11:11 PM.

capncnut
    I

want

this

game.

Since I pre-ordered it last week I got the pangs big styley. I've been reading the blog previews from journo's who are playing it already in preparation for the reviews next week. It sounds incredible and the achievements should be something to really get our teefs into.

Canada
    I want a GTA game where i can play as a middle income moderatly succesful Canadian.

United Kingdom
    This is one game where simply playing to get achievements should actually be fun. Anyway, I am very excited about this game!

Undisclosed
    I am thinking about getting this, too, but I am not sure. Unless some people can convince me purchase it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I am thinking about getting this, too, but I am not sure. Unless some people can convince me purchase it.
    If you're not being sarcastic, you deserve a smack.

What confuses me, is why in many of the screenshots that have been released, do they have that fuzzy look to the graphics? It's like a filter they deliberately put on there. Screenshots prior to them doing this looked amazing, and some that have come out since have looked amazing, but some have this fuzzy looking filter on them for some odd reason.

Like in that first pic, look at the rain and the neon signs on that building - see what I mean, what's that about?

Anyway, to fill the whore-ish gap between a couple of weeks ago and GTA4 turning up, I got BioShock (awesome game) to play to take my mind off of waiting for GTA's triumphant return.

I sincerely hope there's no cock-blocking cock-up, like the game runs sh*t and they have to pimp out an update to fix it, but then that causes a hassle itself (like when Bully: Scholarship Edition was released), that'd be super lame - however, it's doubtful considering the sheer amount of anticipation and hype and the added 6 months development time, so it should run smooth as piss down a slab of ice.

I look forward to that vibe you get when playing a new GTA game. Just walking around a bit going "ooh and ahh" and getting a random car and just driving around a bit to get a feel for the setting and for the game itself. I remember that vibe with San Andreas and Vice City, that sense of wonder from something new is always cool.

I look forward to racking up some achievements in it too, some of them sound well cool.

Roll on the big day of arrival! I just hope it gets posted to me prior to the day of release so that I get it on the day, or just before. It'd be lame to have to wait extra time (especially having had it pre-ordered for a whole year already) and for everyone to be jizzing up a storm all over Nico's mush and I'm sat here with dry, unlicked balls.

England
    I really want this game!however it also means buying a PS3 (no,i dont want a 360) and my real life car has cost me an absolute bomb in servicing & insurance this month so it will have to wait,also got a skydive & holiday to pay for this summer so i think it'll be later in the year when i get round to playing it,so il just have to read the threads about it on here & sulk no doubt it will come out on PC later,& my PC would have no problems running it,but GTA is first & foremost a console game & thats final

Undisclosed
    Actually, I am being serious. I do not if I will like the game or not. I have played GTA since the 1st one on PS1 and everyone after that. While the series has improved greatly, I just don't know if I should get it. Or for which system for that matter. Remember I have all 3 current gen consoles. I will admit that this GTA is the best looking one so far. But looks are not everything.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What confuses me, is why in many of the screenshots that have been released, do they have that fuzzy look to the graphics? It's like a filter they deliberately put on there. Screenshots prior to them doing this looked amazing, and some that have come out since have looked amazing, but some have this fuzzy looking filter on them for some odd reason.

Like in that first pic, look at the rain and the neon signs on that building - see what I mean, what's that about?
    I think it's because the screenshot was taken while there was motion going on in the game. Like, the camera was following the car when they took the shot.

England
    I hope its better than san andreas anyway!that game started well but then it disappeared up its own arse when it started getting you shooting down swarms of blackhawks & going on about aliens etc,you started the game as a lowly gangster & it should have stayed that way through the game!

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, San Andreas got carried away a bit, a bit scattergun over all, trying to do so many things and got a bit removed from a decent shred of reality.

GTA4 should redress the balance. Mind you, I put well over 100 hours into GTA:SA.

There were more screenies released today, as well as yet another mini-trailer (damn, they're pimping those out as fast as a chav girl craps out 'keds'). Some of the screenies had more of that fuzziness, which doesn't really look like motion to me, it looks like an effect added afterwards to the screenies for some odd reason...

Very odd...maybe it is motion, I duno...very odd.

Roll on GTA4!

Administrator

England
    Vice city is my personal favourite GTA, but 4 may, and probally will, top it..

But yeah, vice city is better than san andreas without a doubt, possibly down to my age lol.

BTW - GTA4 special edition on pre-order

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Actually, I am being serious. I do not if I will like the game or not. I have played GTA since the 1st one on PS1 and everyone after that. While the series has improved greatly, I just don't know if I should get it. Or for which system for that matter. Remember I have all 3 current gen consoles. I will admit that this GTA is the best looking one so far. But looks are not everything.
    wow, you are serious....that's odd, man, because gta4 is pretty much the prime reason i moved on from a ps2 and purchased a next-gen system.

i mean, i really enjoy dead rising, cod4, halo3, etc, but i've never played a gta game that wasn't worth it's price (even lc stories and vc stories, which were only $20 on ps2-not great, but still fun).

imo, gta is the gold-standard for sandbox games, and gta4, with online multiplayer, a totally-redesigned liberty city, and nex-gen graphics and gameplay is gonna blow the doors of every other game that comes out this year.

if you own all three systems, you owe it to yourself to at least check it out. i know i'm counting my chickens before they hatch, but i've got a pretty good hunch that this game will be worth every penny and every agonizing second we've been waiting.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooooooooooh ... check you out and your wads of cash.

Normal edition for me, Sir.

Vice City is my all-time favourite GTA game, the story, the style, the whole 80's thing - supoib.

Will GTA4 top it, or become the close second in my all-time GTA preference list?

United States

Newly released ad: