Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: World War Z movie

Undisclosed

World War Z movie

For those of you who are big Max Brooks fans, like moi, and have read World War Z, there's supposed to be a movie coming out.

Evidently, it's in Brad Pitt's studio (great... Angelina will get every single female part. -_-) but no release date, or even prediction has been set.

In fact, nobody has said ANYTHING about it since Plan B Entertainment took the movie deal.

What the?
    "Visit Exotic Places! Meet Exotic People! ...Kill Them!"

Undisclosed
    Actually there has been talk about how the script might make it the first zombie movie to win an Oscar.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    the script is being written by J.M. Straczynski of babylon 5 fame. he is a big user/fan of the internet (he actually posted regularly on a B5 forum back when the show was on the air) and he recently posted some comments online about how he is less than pleased about his script getting leaked and all the internet talk surrounding it.

basically he is asking people to shut the f*ck up with all the speculation, analysis, etc. about the script.

Guys, here's a simple question.

Do you want to see this film made, or just talk about the script?

Studios get very nervous when drafts leak out, and they get even more nervous when people start taking it apart, good or bad, online...it can make them think too many people have seen it, start reconsidering their opinions, and the next thing you know it's back in development hell or gone. I've seen several projects at this sensitive stage literally scuttled by such things.

If all you want is to talk about the script, then great...but if you want to see Max Brooks' novel brought to film, brought to life, and maybe make one of the best zombie movies in a long time, can we declare a moratorium on both analyses and passing around my script (which people shouldn't have in any event) until AFTER the film gets made?

Thanks.

JMS
    Last edited by Mike70; 22-Apr-2008 at 06:28 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    I totally wanna see the flick, but I can't be sh*tted to read any leaked scripts...

I wonder how it got leaked...

England
    JMS did some fine work on B5. This is pleasant news.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    Hm. So nobody has any idea of a release date though?

Ireland
    I admit it I was weak I read some reviews of the script and I also read the script itself And I am NOT looking forward to the Flic they took out (as of when I read it before the re-write)ALL characters of ANY interest including the two Japanese guys and the American Soldier. It mainly makes up a bunch of Shiite about the author and the story surrounds him trying to publish his book and the big bad evil government telling him not to. From what I saw it is not even a Zed flic and will most likely be a blemish on the Genre.

In my opinion its gonna be another festering Turd of big budget fuuckassery that the masses will love but the TRUE fans know better.
    People don't go to hell for doing bad things, they go to hell for doing NOTHING.

Undisclosed
    Oh. oh... god. No U.S. Soldier story? That was the best part of the book!

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    the script is being written by J.M. Straczynski of babylon 5 fame. he is a big user/fan of the internet (he actually posted regularly on a B5 forum back when the show was on the air) and he recently posted some comments online about how he is less than pleased about his script getting leaked and all the internet talk surrounding it.

basically he is asking people to shut the f*ck up with all the speculation, analysis, etc. about the script.

F*ck that guy! What time does he think he lives in? Welcome to the real world, asshole, nothing is safe anymore!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    F*ck that guy! What time does he think he lives in? Welcome to the real world, asshole, nothing is safe anymore!
    Tell that to the studios. Not him.

Undisclosed
    You have a point. With the internet around, no movie script is safe...

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Studios? For all we know, he was the leak!

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-117 View Post
    You have a point. With the internet around, no movie script is safe...
    How do they get out in the first place? Other than carelessness, sending it to the email address - or simple hacking?
    zombies
    eat flesh.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieGrrL View Post
    How do they get out in the first place? Other than carelessness, sending it to the email address - or simple hacking?
    Often, one person trying to impress another. "Hey man, look what I have access to!" After a couple of rounds of that, the cat's out of the bag.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Undisclosed
    Yeah. Plus, some people do it for money. Middle-management schlubs who get paid to leak it.