Thread: New Idea to Sum it All Up

Undisclosed

New Idea to Sum it All Up

George has done well and is the all mighty master of the zombie timeline.

All of his movies are taken as scripture to those of us who are pure Romero fans.

Diary was cool and answered a lot of questions about things like (running dead), but never got into the whole world order thing.

As a heavy end-of-the-world kinda guy I would love to see whats going on elsewhere in the world. Diary was good with the media but not enough.

I wanna see how Russia reacts when they lose Moscow to the Dead, or China losing a city.How about a mid-east country when their own dead come back and kill them (so much for that marter BS)

I wanna write to George, as me and my club of "G.R. Zomibe movies" want to see what happens next and I maybe have some new ideas for a script.

We hate the focus on individuals and relationships. Show us the media view as a channel flipper. CNN, Foxnews, Locals, then the random video cams from general fraked out surviors finding video cameras wherever.

What about winter? the dead can't move because they would be frozen, up north at least. How about a limited nuclear exchange? Take the tension off the living dead for a sec and deal with the panic of nuclear war as countries are nuking their own cities to combat the living dead overrunning them.

I want to see whats left after land of the dead.

George is GOD, yes.

However, one more please.

I don't want to know why the dead rise. (thats what makes it scary)

Just show me, and the rest of the zombie fans (i'm sure), who want to know how the rest of the insane world dealt with the nonsense.

I am down with Shawn of the Dead. That was cool too (As a funny but awesome example of the same movie)

I know there are more of us beyond me and my crew here that crave answers.

But noone can except GEorge himself.

Email me and I will try to email George my idea.

Thanks for being true Romero fans !!

I appreciate all feedback and support.

Canada
    He is far from God. His movies while good, are not super extradinary. Seriusly, There is a difference between being a fan, and being a fanboy. Your ideas are nice, I myself have always wondered what happens in other regions of the world, and how many would deal with the zombie epidemic, but it seems that you think George is the only person capable of making a decent zombie/horror film. Both of his new outings (Land and Diary) are no where near as good or as thought provoking as his original films. That's not to say he can't male a good film (i enjoyed Land) but that doesn't mean he can't make a bad film either, and that's what some people don't realise. Your idea may sound great, but it could come out completely different from how you intended it to.

I dunno about the "We hate the focus on individuals and relationships" part, as that was what absolutley made the movies. His movies show the degeneration and eventual depravity of the human animal when pressed with extra ordinary circumstances (Night), How living in a world of wealth and circumstance can turn you off from the setting outside your vicinity of operation (Dawn), and finally how general assholeness and claustriphobia in a restricted setting will lead too insanity (Day). Without the focus on the characters, we have no one to sympathize with. with no one to sympathize with, we feel detached from the film, and don't "live in it" as its plot progresses.

It would just be anouther thoughtless horror movie, and while thats fun, the market is allready cluttered with them.

I don't mean this post to come off as hostile by any means, and i'm sorry if I did. I just wished to type out my thoughts on the matter. Welcome to hpotd btw :P.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstar2147 View Post
    I don't want to know why the dead rise. (thats what makes it scary)

Just show me, and the rest of the zombie fans (i'm sure), who want to know how the rest of the insane world dealt with the nonsense.
    I don't want to know about the rest of the world. I enjoy the way in which each film deals with a small slice of humanity. That's what makes it scarier.

United States
    I guess we'll just have to wait for World War Z.

United States
    Welcome aboard, Rockstar!

Lots of fans of the genre and of GAR have sent ideas to Romero in the past. A few of my personal friends have actually written scripts and sent them to him and Romero has always been nothing short of gracious when dealing with this. I don't really know for certain whether he reads these or really seriously entertains any of the ideas that fans have thrown his way, but he has always been nice about it all the same.

I think what Romero would respect much more from those who have their own ideas and views of the genre which he created would be if they made their own films or books as an homage to him rather than thinking that he would make their film for them. (Like in the case of Max Broox or Simon Pegg) Unless, of course, you were able to put together a lot of capital and hire him to direct your script for you, in which case he might be cool with that!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."