Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wikimapia / Google Map Romero links

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Sorry, which building you talking about? The one just above the cross in the middle?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    Yes, it is the one directly above the cross. Don't change the angle though, I did that so you could see the barn where the gas pump was.

Yeah, Savini seems to hate it as much as I do, maybe more. Truly a neutered film.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Originally Posted by DubiousComforts:
    No, the industrial site just below it is mislabeled as the cemetery. Here is the correct location: Evans City Cemetery

Definately!!?

Vote against the current label then & add a new one then for the correct location? (Or do you want me to do it?)
    The cemetery is absolutely, positively located here: Evans City Cemetery
    I've been there half a dozen times. The industrial location just south of the cemetery wasn't there when the movie was filmed.

This link isn't working properly.

Also, a better description would be 107 Building Rooftop or

DAWN Elevator Shaft or

NIGHT Basement -- take your pick.

We need some of those great google map (3D) views of the Day of the Dead buildings!
    Unfortunately, Fort Myers, FL hasn't been 3D mapped yet.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 02-May-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Administrator

England
    http://wikimapia.org/#lat=40.45245&lon=-79.774615&z=16

The comment says "Day of the Dead scenes were shot here. Dawn of the Dead was filmed at the mall..."

HUH?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    http://wikimapia.org/#lat=40.45245&lon=-79.774615&z=16

The comment says "Day of the Dead scenes were shot here. Dawn of the Dead was filmed at the mall..."

HUH?
    that doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it?

i guess that small bldg midway down the runway was where the scenes with peter (zombie kids, almost getting ventilated by stephen)were shot then?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    that doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it?

i guess that small bldg midway down the runway was where the scenes with peter (zombie kids, almost getting ventilated by stephen)were shot then?
    But I don't believe any part of Day was shot their?
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    No part of Day was shot there.

Day was shot entirely on the beach/landing area you linked to, the mines, the missile silo connected to the mines, another missile site where they filmed the elevator shaft scene(s), and downtown Ft. Myers. 4 locations in total.

Administrator

England
    No part of Day was shot there.

Day was shot entirely on the beach/landing area you linked to, the mines, the missile silo connected to the mines, another missile site where they filmed the elevator shaft scene(s), and downtown Ft. Myers. 4 locations in total.
    Well, vote against that comment then!
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    Where are these comments posted?

Administrator

England
    Are you not seeing the squares around areas? My guess then is you're using Internet Explorer (probably an older version?)

Do yourself a favour and download FireFox

The whole idea of Wikimapea is anyone can add a comment to anywhere/anything...
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    You have to double click on the linked areas to vote and leave comments. I didn't understand how it worked at first, either.

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I think the Fan of the Dead guy got it wrong, too, but I'd have to check the DVD again to be sure.
    The Fan of the Dead guy did get it right--he has it listed as West Middleton Cemetery and not Washington Cemetery. It looks much larger on video than it appears on the map. That DVD is crazy--they listed the physical address of every location visited, even the private residences which is sort of not cool.

Original location of the 1968 Night of the Living Dead Farmhouse (best view available on wikimapia, anyhow)

The intersection of Hendry St & Main St, Fort Myers, FL where the wide angle of the dead walking in Day of the Dead was shot facing north.

Edison Theatre, Fort Myers, FL from Day of the Dead

The B&P Truckyard from Dawn of the Dead

Is anyone else even trying?
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 06-May-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Well, vote against that comment then!
    I read a long while ago that the elevator shots from Day were shot at the abandoned Nike missile base outside of Pittsburgh. Those things were once all over the northeastern U.S. I thought that fact was confirmed here not long ago.

Great links, but now I'm confused as to where the whole damned movie was filmed!

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    I read a long while ago that the elevator shots from Day were shot at the abandoned Nike missile base outside of Pittsburgh. Those things were once all over the northeastern U.S. I thought that fact was confirmed here not long ago.

Great links, but now I'm confused as to where the whole damned movie was filmed!
    It was also confirmed a mere five posts above yours, which should also clear up any misconceptions regarding filming locations.

Dead

Undisclosed
    It was also confirmed a mere five posts above yours, which should also clear up any misconceptions regarding filming locations.

Looks like five locations to me, professor, unless you're saying there was once a missile silo in the salt mine. Is that a confirmed DOD fact?

Beach/Landing Area
    The Mines
    Missile Silo
    Elevator Shaft
    Downtown Fort Myeters

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Looks like five locations to me, professor, unless you're saying there was once a missile silo in the salt mine. Is that a confirmed DOD fact?

Beach/Landing Area
    The Mines
    Missile Silo
    Elevator Shaft
    Downtown Fort Myeters
    Yes, the Missile Silo used in the film is connected to the mine. I have been there. It is still there.