Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wikimapia / Google Map Romero links

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Yes, the Missile Silo used in the film is connected to the mine. I have been there. It is still there.
    Wow, no ****. I read about that place, didn't see anything about a silo in there. What did they tell you about it?

ViP

United States
    Our tour guide, who was pretty much the manager of the place, wouldn't allow us to visit it because it was being leased. Thats all she said about it as she ignored our whimpering pleas.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Our tour guide, who was pretty much the manager of the place, wouldn't allow us to visit it because it was being leased. Thats all she said about it as she ignored our whimpering pleas.
    Wow, I wonder who the mystery renter is? I'll have to see about a tour next time I head up that way. Explains the security.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    I'll have to see about a tour next time I head up that way. Explains the security.
    I made a few calls in the weeks leading up to my arrival, but to be honest, I think you'll have just as much luck just pulling up and asking to have a look. Just throw some B.S. and say you talked to a lady about a month back who said it was cool. I've heard stories from different groups that just arrived and got the same treatment that we did.

Spain
    Google Streets ---> Monroeville Mall!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=e...11800&cbp=,,,,

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    You have to double click on the linked areas to vote and leave comments. I didn't understand how it worked at first, either.

The Fan of the Dead guy did get it right--he has it listed as West Middleton Cemetery and not Washington Cemetery. It looks much larger on video than it appears on the map. That DVD is crazy--they listed the physical address of every location visited, even the private residences which is sort of not cool.

Original location of the 1968 Night of the Living Dead Farmhouse (best view available on wikimapia, anyhow)

The intersection of Hendry St & Main St, Fort Myers, FL where the wide angle of the dead walking in Day of the Dead was shot facing north.

Edison Theatre, Fort Myers, FL from Day of the Dead

The B&P Truckyard from Dawn of the Dead

Is anyone else even trying?
    I have some pics of the farmhouse location and the bridge right around the corner to the house.I had camcorder footage but I got so excited that it was paused instead of recording.I hope the pictures come out though.

Sean

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post

Those are some great pics of the mall.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post

Stunning technology ain't it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Stunning technology ain't it!
    And it could be even more stunning if the first post was updated with all new links!

Administrator

England
    And it could be even more stunning if the first post was updated with all new links!
    OK... Yes Sir

Everyone's a critic...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Australia
    The house from the CREEPSHOW bookends with Tom Atkins:

link.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    The house from the CREEPSHOW bookends with Tom Atkins:

link.
    Jscott and I drove around that damn neighborhood knowing that the house was in there, but not remembering what the damn thing looked like So we've seen the house, we just didn't know it.

Australia
    Jscott and I drove around that damn neighborhood knowing that the house was in there, but not remembering what the damn thing looked like So we've seen the house, we just didn't know it.
    The Greek and I took a screen cap with us so we were able to recognize it, even though the house had since been modified slightly (not to mention the bloody big tree that obscures half of it).
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    The Greek and I took a screen cap with us so we were able to recognize it, even though the house had since been modified slightly (not to mention the bloody big tree that obscures half of it).
    I think the onwers put that tree there on purpose.

I was told that Jordy's cabin in Creepshow was a facade built on the airport property. True?

United States
    I was told that Jordy's cabin in Creepshow was a facade built on the airport property. True?
    Wow,I've never heard about that before.That would be cool if it's true.