Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wikimapia / Google Map Romero links

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    No part of Day was shot there.

Day was shot entirely on the beach/landing area you linked to, the mines, the missile silo connected to the mines, another missile site where they filmed the elevator shaft scene(s), and downtown Ft. Myers. 4 locations in total.
    Any chance of a link to the mines (& connect silo)?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yeah,that would be great to have a link showing the mines and the silo.

Undisclosed
    I would post it, but all of my location links seem to have been ignored in the first post, so I'll let axlish post the link instead.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I would post it, but all of my location links seem to have been ignored in the first post, so I'll let axlish post the link instead.
    I've went through the thread checking them... What did I miss you whinge pot?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I've went through the thread checking them... What did I miss you whinge pot?
    You're joking? Don't make me come all the way over there just to smack you.

Here is the Night of the Living Dead Road as seen in the opening scenes.

That rooftop is the 247 building where the NIGHT basement and DAWN elevator shaft scenes were also shot.

Google Maps is even more fun because most of Pittsburgh and the surrounding area has been mapped with 360° street views:
    247 Building (you actually need to enter 279 as the street number, but you're looking at 247).

Cool!
    Dawn of the Dead Redneck Road

Unfortunately, the airport ain't mapped 360°: Harold W. Brown Airfield

Original location of the 1968 Night of the Living Dead Farmhouse (best view available on wikimapia, anyhow)

The intersection of Hendry St & Main St, Fort Myers, FL where the wide angle of the dead walking in Day of the Dead was shot facing north.

Edison Theatre, Fort Myers, FL from Day of the Dead

The B&P Truckyard from Dawn of the Dead

Is anyone else even trying?
    Bonus!
    Gateway Commerce Center
    Nike Launch Site

United States
    Dub wants a cookie. . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    OK! My bad! What are the last two?
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    OK! My bad! What are the last two?
    The DAY of the DEAD links you had asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Dub wants a cookie. . .
    Don't make me come all the way over there just to smack you.

United States

Don't make me come all the way over there just to smack you.

Administrator

England
    The DAY of the DEAD links you had asked for.
    Which is which/what?
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    The Gateway Commerce Center is the mines/silo.

The Nike Launch site is where the elevator is.

United States

Guess what this is: Mystery Location <------not the NIGHT '90 cemetery, sorry!

Ok, since it has been a while, can you reveal this location to us? Dying to know. Looks like some sort of cemetery, far as I can tell.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Ok, since it has been a while, can you reveal this location to us? Dying to know. Looks like some sort of cemetery, far as I can tell.
    Yeah. . .I'm kinda lost on this one too. Is that where you bury your victims Dub?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yeah. . .I'm kinda lost on this one too. Is that where you bury your victims Dub?
    LOL!

Give us a clue then!
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    The real Night 90 locations are in this thread, just look.