Thread: They're coming to get you...Johnny?

United States

They're coming to get you...Johnny?

While watching NOTLD and a thought came across my mind. What if Johnny survived and Barb had died? How differently do you think the movie would have played out? Would he have entered the trance like state his sister was in? Would he have even gone to the farm house? If so when he got there would he have sided with Ben or taken to the basement with Cooper? The questions could go on and on. Just wondering what you guys thought about it and how different do you think the classic would have been. I kinda think a zombie Barb clutching the door hinged instead of Johnny toward the end is almost as creepy.
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"

Great Britain
    Think johnny had the car keys, so I'm guessing he wouldn't have ended up at the farm house unless he bumped into Ben on the road.

United States
    Well, Johnny was a male, so he obviously wouldn't have wrecked the car like Barb did.

I think he would have driven towards the closest house to call the police due to his sister just being attacked in the cemetery. If the farmhouse was the closest house (I can't recall?) it would be logical to assume that he would end up there. The difference is that they would have had a working car and the events of the evening would have been much different.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Undisclosed

Red face

I agree with the earlier post "Johnny has the keys" seriously doubt Johnny would have driven to a farm house in the middle of nowhere!

Plus even if he had gone there let's remember the racism of the 1960's....that said Johnny wouldn't have followed Ben anywhere!

Plus after bumping into Ben i don't think he'd be there long enough to even discover Cooper & his family!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    I think he would've stayed long enough to kick the zombie's ass who killed his beloved sister, then got the heck outta Dodge by NOT wrecking the car. Then a bunch of hillbillies would've pulled him out of his car for being a sissy boy and made him squeal like a pig. Nice driving gloves, maam...
    Or not.
    Someone should make an alternate version, a "what if" if you will.

United States
    Two things we know:

1. He has the car keys.
    2. He lives in Pittsburgh.

Real simple. He leaves in the car, drives "home". Well, early in the outbreak (it couldn't be done after being overrun), Pittsburgh is locked down and "saved". Johnny gets lucky, living in Kaufman's town.

A few years later, he finally gets eaten when Big Silly and his goons invade.

The end.

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Two things we know:

1. He has the car keys.

Real simple. He leaves in the car, drives "home". Well, early in the outbreak (it couldn't be done after being overrun), Pittsburgh is locked down and "saved". Johnny gets lucky, living in Kaufman's town.

The end.

Remember they were visitors to the town the cemetary was in....they didnt live near where they were....dont think the streets would have been to clear for him to make that trip home....im pretty sure something would have gotten in his way between point A and point B!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartma7546 View Post
    While watching NOTLD and a thought came across my mind. What if Johnny survived and Barb had died? How differently do you think the movie would have played out? Would he have entered the trance like state his sister was in? Would he have even gone to the farm house? If so when he got there would he have sided with Ben or taken to the basement with Cooper? The questions could go on and on. Just wondering what you guys thought about it and how different do you think the classic would have been. I kinda think a zombie Barb clutching the door hinged instead of Johnny toward the end is almost as creepy.
    One thing would be different for sure, if Johnny had survived instead of Barbara, then I would NOT have wanted to fuck the first survivor...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    One thing would be different for sure, if Johnny had survived instead of Barbara, then I would NOT have wanted to fuck the first survivor...
    A fair and vaild point.

Threesome with Barb and Judy? Fuck yes!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    A fair and vaild point.

Threesome with Barb and Judy? Fuck yes!
    true...but i'd bag Barbara's face though and be starin' @ Judy's sweet ass the whole time!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    true...but i'd bag Barbara's face though and be starin' @ Judy's sweet ass the whole time!
    I would probably go the opposite direction.

Barbara was a fine looking lady...

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I would probably go the opposite direction.

Barbara was a fine looking lady...
    alright you got me....i'd take the bag off for a quick BJ!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    Two things we know:

1. He has the car keys.

The end.
    His sister was just killed by a zombie. Granted, we know that Johnny was a bit of a dick to his sister but he wasn't a complete ass-hole (he died protecting her, after all).

After seeing his sister killed, I doubt he would have thought: "Man, this day has been shit. My sister was just killed in front of me. Screw it, I'm going home and will worry about it when I get there."

j.p.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    His sister was just killed by a zombie. Granted, we know that Johnny was a bit of a dick to his sister but he wasn't a complete ass-hole (he died protecting her, after all).

After seeing his sister killed, I doubt he would have thought: "Man, this day has been shit. My sister was just killed in front of me. Screw it, I'm going home and will worry about it when I get there."

j.p.
    Why not? He has no reason to hang out at the graveyard all night. When all hell breaks loose, everyone runs home. You don't aimlessly wander during an emergency, you haul ass back to where you're most comfortable.

United States
    Why not? He has no reason to hang out at the graveyard all night. When all hell breaks loose, everyone runs home. You don't aimlessly wander during an emergency, you haul ass back to where you're most comfortable.
    He's not going to hang out at the graveyard, he's going to go for help because his sister was just killed.

He didn't know what was going on for one. He probably would have turned the radio on when he got back into the car to get some of the early reports, but -- like any sane person at least -- his first reaction would be to contact the authorities about the little matter of his sister just being killed. This means getting to a phone and contacting the police. He probably would have headed for the closest house he could find to attempt to call them -- not just start driving around or towards home for hours on end.

That just doesn't make logical sense that he would just get into his car after his sister was just killed and start driving for hours back home without stopping somewhere to try and contact the authorities or try and get some help.

I will agree that people in shock do strange things sometimes. So, yes, maybe he would have been in bad enough shock to start off somewhere just driving as fast as he good until his nerves calmed down and then he would have gone for help.

j.p.