Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Knight trailer

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i really hate bales voice as batman, he sounds like a 12 year olds idea of what a "tough guy" sounds like, that said he does pull of the best batman, but i never really see him as bruce wayne when hes out of the bat suit yknow?

Ive kinda gotten sick of the hype for this to the point im just ignoring it and going to watch the damn movie when it finally comes out and enjoy it, id ont need to see more cockbait ads, there just kinda annoying by now.

Super Moderator

UK
    Here comes hellsing, wading in with his jaded boots again...

Canada
    I agree with hellsing very much tbh. I'm seeing it once when it comes out not the gazzillions of other times alot of people are going to. Why pay more for it when i can view a cam of it on-line?

As much as I love movies, a part of me really really really REALLY hope that the movie is a pile of s*it.

Because Batman is the worst, the WORST bar NONE "super (how is he super again?) hero" EVER.

The pure amount of fan wanking that goes off over him is incredible. like jesus, the guy kicked darkseid in the mouth and made him bleed.

ARGFHGHEHJADFH, I am diverting the course of this topic. System restore initiated; point of return: 10 minutes ago.....Sys Res. Processed.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Data boot initiated.

I agree with hellsing very much tbh. I'm seeing it once when it comes out not the gazzillions of other times alot of people are going to. Why pay more for it when i can view a cam of it on-line?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Here comes hellsing, wading in with his jaded boots again...
    Folks call me the walker. I travel across this pop culture wasteland, spreading dissension and apathy as i go. Some insist i am a dream, others, a nightmare.
    no one knows were i will appear next, my arrival is only foretold by the braying of horses and a ghostly wind sweeping on through.
    You wont be prepared when i arrive, and will be left quaking pale shades of your former selves when i am gone.

i am the walker, and i think this topic is overrated....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Because Batman is the worst, the WORST bar NONE "super (how is he super again?) hero" EVER.

That's because he's not a superhero.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    That's because he's not a superhero.
    He's the worlds greatest detective.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    He's the worlds greatest detective.
    *Ding, Ding, Ding*

Nostalgia points for Hellsing! Now that's an angle I wish the new series of films would play up just a little more.

Now, I think this movie will rock, much like Batman Begins did, but I think DC needs to stop going to this well for awhile and see if they can launch a few of their other heroes into successful film franchises. Superman was kind of meh for me and Batman is their established heavy hitter at the cinema, so it'd be nice to see something fresh form their camp.

Maybe the Watchmen will do well, but they're not even exemplars of the DC superhero tradition.

Yup, gettin' a little tired of the rise and fall of the successive Bat franchises...then again, I'd trade it al for a Marshal Law Kingdom of the Blind, anyone? Now there's a lampooning of comic book films I'd love to see.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    *Ding, Ding, Ding*

Nostalgia points for Hellsing! Now that's an angle I wish the new series of films would play up just a little more.

Now, I think this movie will rock, much like Batman Begins did, but I think DC needs to stop going to this well for awhile and see if they can launch a few of their other heroes into successful film franchises. Superman was kind of meh for me and Batman is their established heavy hitter at the cinema, so it'd be nice to see something fresh form their camp.

Maybe the Watchmen will do well, but they're not even exemplars of the DC superhero tradition.

Yup, gettin' a little tired of the rise and fall of the successive Bat franchises...then again, I'd trade it al for a Marshal Law Kingdom of the Blind, anyone? Now there's a lampooning of comic book films I'd love to see.
    martial law?, samo like a mutha****aaa!

i love to see the green latern trliogy done on film, the origin of hal jordan and the parralax saga, then the sinestro corps, then in blackest night.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I wouldn't mind seeing other DC characters's get their own film treatment....but in most cases it would probably turn out like The Justice League project that almost came to be. If you heard anything about that, I'm sure you would agree that in most cases it's best to just leave it alone.

As for TDK and batman's detective work, I've read that we'll see alot more of that in this film. In fact, Superherohype put up a set report that says they watched a scene between Batman and Gordon in a bank vault that had already been raided by Joker and his goons and the batman is checking it out(don't know how that will work if it's during the day time...). And for the amount of content they crammed into Batman Begins, I thought it had a good bit of the detective side of the character. There's room to add to it now...
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Jun-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    martial law?, samo like a mutha****aaa!
    No, muthaf@*#%ing Marshal Law

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    lol, that looks like a nazi judge dredd.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    That was pretty badass.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "ohhh....very poor choice of words"

I just don't think I can make it a few more weeks. I'm bout to 'splode.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The first review? http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37214

It's pretty much spoiler-free if you've seen the trailers and put the ideas together. Just a few little spoilers here and there but nothing that ruins the film at all.

Overall, he says its "GREAT!".

EDIT: It must be real. More are starting to surface. HERE is Rolling Stone's review and there's more out there if anyone's interested. So far everyone's giving it 3/4, 9.5/10, etc. Looks like all the hype wasn't for a let down, but we'll see.

I'm going to get my IMAX 12:01am tickets tonight.
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Jun-2008 at 07:02 PM.