Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, Terminator is going to be a PG-13...

Super Moderator

United States
    Paint me nonplussed by this info. I don't think I'm emotionally attached enough to this franchise to care where it goes from here. The last movie, i felt, wasn't actually that bad, but they really shouldn't have made it.

Will I watch this new one? Too early to tell, but I'll probably not avert my eyes when it makes its rounds on the cable channels.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Oh dear God! This sounds terrible

There's a big plot spoiler over at AICN - It's about 3 to 4 pages down here - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36947
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oh dear God! This sounds terrible

There's a big plot spoiler over at AICN - It's about 3 to 4 pages down here - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36947
    It just keeps getting worse, it really does.

That's the stupidest thing I've heard for ages. I mean really.

PG-13 rating, the joy the suits have over their marketing strategy for the movie ... it's pretty obvious just exactly what this sh*tbag of a 'movie' is. Pocket rape.

For crying out loud, T3 was too much. T1 and T2 - leave it there.

Mind you, I like Chronicles, it's not superb but it's not total gash either...and it's in another medium, so that also goes in it's favour.

T3 and T4 can gargle on my balls.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah. Total crap. I can just go ahead and forget that this film will even exist.

For the life of me I can't understand what Bale is doing. He was doing so well....

United States
    i think i just threw up a little in my mouth. what a dumb fukken idea.

like the writer of the piece, mz, and many more, the story for me was over after t2. t3 was okay to watch, but i don't care if i ever see it again, quite frankly. and as for the sarah connor chronicles, it's like snoop dogg says : " i treat a b!tch like 7-up: i never have, i never will"

the writer does make a good point though: what's hollywood gonna do when they are done remaking everything and raping dead franchises?

Administrator

England
    OK im preparing for all the rotten tomatoes here, but i never bought into terminator 2, i didn't like it... its ok... its ****ing awesome in comparison to T3 and no doubt this.. but i thought the only truely good terminator film was the first one, that was an immense movie.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    OK im preparing for all the rotten tomatoes here, but i never bought into terminator 2, i didn't like it... its ok... its ****ing awesome in comparison to T3 and no doubt this.. but i thought the only truely good terminator film was the first one, that was an immense movie.

^ Andy

To quote The Thing: "You've gotta be f**king kidding!"

T1 was awesome but HOLY S**T, T2 was like a giant pair of elephant bollocks teabagging a midget. I had a whole speech set out but I'm so in shock I dunno if I can go there. Never 'bought' into it? The film is f**king priceless!
    Last edited by capncnut; 03-Jun-2008 at 10:55 PM.

Administrator

England
    C'mon a liquid metal guy? how does that even work? how is that even possible?

At least T1 had some realism.. thats what i like.

capncnut
    What a bloke coming back through time to stop a woman being murdered by an android?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    What a bloke coming back through time to stop a woman being murdered by an android?
    No more far fetched than the dead coming back to life and attacking the living..

I Admit its very far, far, far, far fetched.. but you never know

Chasing Prey

Canada
    ladies,ladies, stop the fighting. ok we all know that when you buy the franchise to something....you own it. meaning the guy who owned it previously decided he didnt want it anymore. u wanna be mad at anyone,be mad at james cameron and gale anne hurd for selling it.

Administrator

England
    C'mon a liquid metal guy? how does that even work? how is that even possible?

I can see what Andy is saying - How does liquid metal, even if can turn solid, semi-solid, and change colour etc, produce power and then be able to do things like produce speach and see etc... But TBH it never bothered me
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    ladies,ladies, stop the fighting. ok we all know that when you buy the franchise to something....you own it. meaning the guy who owned it previously decided he didnt want it anymore. u wanna be mad at anyone,be mad at james cameron and gale anne hurd for selling it.
    I heard that Linda Hamilton won the property in Cameron's divorce settlement ... not sure if that's true, but it's what I heard anyway.

T2 was like a giant pair of elephant bollocks teabagging a midget.
    Capn - f*cking legendary.

United Kingdom
    The thing that still kept both T2 and Die Hard 3 great even when they reduced the certificate was that they were made in the '90s, when the whole movie industry in general still has some balls. Even Beverly Hills Cop 3 was a fairly worthy sequel in my opinion.

Nowadays.... T3, Die Hard 4, and now T4 and Beverly Hills Cop 4... ugh.

T3 was okay at best, won't watch it again though. I just flat-out ignored DH4 as a Die Hard film and plan to never watch it, and T4 sounds like a sh*tfest.

I actually hold more hope that BHC4 might be okay, since it seems like a less known franchise, and more likely to cater to the fans. But, as with anything and everything in the entertainment industry today, I'm not getting my hopes up.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Die Hard 4 isn't all that bad, Craig. Especially if you get the unrated version. A pretty good entry, if you ask me.