Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Living Dead Novels?

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I liked the "boring interviews" of World War Z a lot better than the stupid "I am Ob the Obot" crap that Keene's books are about. I hated those. His Dead Sea was good, though. Thankfully, he dropped the "possessed bodies" thing for that one.
    I know that it's probably hard to come up with a zombie book that has something "different" in it. But I prefer the traditional zombie books.

David Wellington's "Monster" books have traditional zombies but also have a similar "supernatural" theme to Brian Keene's books. I just finished Monster Nation and it's my favourite so far, as it deals with the start of the epidemic.

Really loved Dead Sea, highly recommend it. I read it after City Of The Dead & it was nice to have an old fashioned zombie novel to lose myself in.
    zombies
    eat flesh.

Undisclosed
    I liked the "boring interviews" of World War Z a lot better than the stupid "I am Ob the Obot" crap that Keene's books are about. I hated those. His Dead Sea was good, though. Thankfully, he dropped the "possessed bodies" thing for that one
    Eh, I thought that both of them were good. The whole possessed bodies was an interesting take on it, and I still liked the interviews in WW Z. I think alot of the initial interviews, at are likely to be the boring ones, are very interesting because they are the ones that give you a clue as to why things went to Hell so fast with political rangling and lies and such running amock everywhere. I can see how the interview style could get old and be somewhat hard to read at times, but to be honest I think he holds really true to Romero overall compared to other books, although he does have it being a virus, but that is sort of understated in the WW Z book I believe.

Undisclosed
    A book Called The Dead by some guy named Steve Somthing-or-other. Was basically Brian Keene's The Rising long before Briane Keene wrote The Rising. Better though IMOHO.

United States
    Just got done with Dying to Live, by Kim Paffenroth. Thumbs up. Very short, though (only 190 pages).