Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead remake poster...

Canada
    Post deleted.
    Last edited by dogma789; 12-Feb-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Deleted post.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights
    Ummmmm...I agree the art is fine, but it is too reminiscent of the LOTD artwork for me to appreciate it. I also don't think the artwork evokes what I expect of the film (i.e. military men unraveling at the seams, useless scientists and some sort of an installation that will turn into a death trap), but that's probably just me splitting hairs.

fair point, but this is juts the "announce" poster, i'l expect more once we get to the actual theatrical placement and AD posters.

like i said earlier, the art is the only thing i like. the rest of the poster is ass.

Undisclosed

Anyone seen a script?

I would love to see if the characters remain. Are the zombies fast or slow?
    "Totally Togepi!"

Canada
    myself i love the fact that they are makeing more zombie movies. it gives us something to talk about.
    if anything it will make the original look even better.

Super Moderator

UK
    No doubt they're fast ... and they'll be wearing big, gay cowboy hats. And they'll talk, and play Twister and drink beer. And they do the splits, high jumps and barrel-rolls ... and they'll fart fairy dust out their ass.

Fiji
    is joel schumacker directing this?

fuuuuuuuuuuu-ck

Super Moderator

UK
    "Day of the Remake" is getting poked by Steve Miner - forshame - but after H20...what do you expect really? It's a shame how so many of the greats have sold out and just poop out ... well ... crap, these days.

*sigh*

Move over you old hacks, make way for the young guns - and I don't mean freakin' Hack Snyder - I'm talking the likes of that Greg McKlean fella - "Wolf Creek" (just watched it) was actually rather good, beautifully shot too - on HD, mmmm.

Fiji
    Wolf Creek, really? i was looking at that in my Ondemand folder. perhaps i'll order it this week.

as for current hacks, the list begins and ends with the name "McG". fraking hell i loathe that twit.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh Wolf Creek is not a bad flick.

I was judging it against "Hostel" (which I thought was a big disappointment) - in terms of the 'genre' (if you will) of "strangers in a foreign land being tortured". There was enough focus on the characters beforehand (but not 50 minutes of friggin' horny teens doing hot chicks) and the 'bad guy' turns up at the right time - and is surprisingly charming (which adds to the disturbing nature of it all).

There are moments of annoying genericness - nobody ever crushes the bad guy's skull when they have them on the floor, or you have the whimpering cry baby slowing down the tough one. But after that it goes in it's own direction and moves off into some more interesting and less-generic territory.

I must have downloaded the rated version, as it could have done with more gore, but as it stands it was a good film - which was very well made. The photography, which falls in love with the outback scenery, is gorgeous too - and beautiful imagery in a horror flick is hard to come by these days.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    I would love to see if the characters remain. Are the zombies fast or slow?
    No word yet. But the writer said he wished to remain true to the original, as he's a fan (but didn't James Gunn and Zack Snyder say the same thing?). I wouldn't be surprised either way at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by jdog
    myself i love the fact that they are makeing more zombie movies. it gives us something to talk about.
    if anything it will make the original look even better.
    I agree, it gives us something to talk about. But I also believe its about the quality, not quantity. And in my opinion, the quality is lacking in recent years.

It hopefully will give the original more edge. People said the Dawn of the Dead remake would do that, but it turned out that every 18 year old football idiot in the country thought it was just a movie of its own. It did shine light onto the genre though, I'll give it that.

The Day of the Dead remake will be more, as the guys involved actually have experience. Dawn of the Dead's remake had a newbie director making his debut, and a writer whose done kiddie movies such as Scooby Doo (hence the cruddy writing). The writer of the Day of the Dead remake has worked on Final Destination, which wasn't a bad movie. The director is a veteran of the genre with a bunch of experience under his belt. The Day of the Dead remake sounds promising, even though there isn't much to go on at the moment.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Yeh Wolf Creek is not a bad flick.

ok, cool. i'll put in que to dowload tonight.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell
    No word yet. But the writer said he wished to remain true to the original, as he's a fan (but didn't James Gunn and Zack Snyder say the same thing?). I wouldn't be surprised either way at this point in time.

I agree, it gives us something to talk about. But I also believe its about the quality, not quantity. And in my opinion, the quality is lacking in recent years.

It hopefully will give the original more edge. People said the Dawn of the Dead remake would do that, but it turned out that every 18 year old football idiot in the country thought it was just a movie of its own. It did shine light onto the genre though, I'll give it that.

The Day of the Dead remake will be more, as the guys involved actually have experience. Dawn of the Dead's remake had a newbie director making his debut, and a writer whose done kiddie movies such as Scooby Doo (hence the cruddy writing). The writer of the Day of the Dead remake has worked on Final Destination, which wasn't a bad movie. The director is a veteran of the genre with a bunch of experience under his belt. The Day of the Dead remake sounds promising, even though there isn't much to go on at the moment.
    Good point, but Tom Savini who directed the remake to Night made an inferior film. and he worked with the man himself. So really I won't be surprised if this flops.

I love Day, and I think like Romero's other films can't be remade

Super Moderator

UK
    Night 90 will be the best of the remakes, as it was remade by those involved in the original trilogy itself - and it wasn't a big studio remake either. They went somewhere new with it, but it did feel a bit TV-movie-like, the make up was great - but needed to be so much gorier - yet it was brilliantly 'anatomically correct'.

But Night 68 says so much more and is far grittier and scarier. It's social commentary was deep and effective, the remake pretty much just said "women are tougher these days" - yet there was still friggin' Judy Rose.

Goddamn I was so pleased when her character got blown the hell up in the remake, one minute she's trying to be Ripley and all tough-talk, a minute later she's yelping "you shot Mr McGruder!" (like she forgot he's a f*cking ZOMBIE now!!!), then she's tough-talking again and then REALLY annoying - the stupid bitch vibe who you'd just wanna slap to shut her the hell up, grrr!!!

United States
    hmmm, I bet if Night 90' was made today, call it Night 06' it probably would be alot bloodier, plus it would be even more so when the DVD came out.

it might have running zombies too.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    hmmm, I bet if Night 90' was made today, call it Night 06' it probably would be alot bloodier, plus it would be even more so when the DVD came out.

it might have running zombies too.
    You know what just occured to me?

How the hell would we have Night of the Living Dead with running zombies? Barbra couldn't out run a RUNNING cemetary zombie...