Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead remake poster...

United States

Day of the Dead remake poster...

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=2588

It's almost three quarters of the way down the page. Found it searching info on the remake. This is a complete ripoff of Land of the Dead's poster. A hand reaching up. gasp, and the slogan of the film is...

D-Day is coming

God, this is gonna suck...

ViP

United States
    Not to mention the poster of Creepshow III which is sure to be a grade a 'ass'terpiece

Administrator

England
    I can't wait to see it! It's going to make the original (which is over 20yrs old) look even better!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    I can't wait to see it! It's going to make the original (which is over 20yrs old) look even better!!
    Like Contagium did? I'd agree with you there if anyone else was making it. But Taurus Entertainment, the company responsible for Contagium, is involved, and the writer is the writer of Final Destination. It looks like it'll bomb.

I can't wait to see it anyway, just to see how it is...

Administrator

England
    Final Destination was pretty good though!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    they should let romero make his original day script, or something closer to it. now that would be good

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh that'd be cool...but it'll never happen, which is a damn shame. GAR really deserves far more credit and work in 'the system', instead of people just ripping off and remaking his flicks - but the dude seems pretty "meh" about it all - I guess he knows his flicks are the ultimate ones, the remakes will never do better, he's got at least a 20 year head start and HE was the kick start for the modern zombie after all with "Night".

Besides, everywhere a remake will go, the original will follow - often with the words "seminal original" or "original classic". The sooner this remake fad is over the better.

Fiji
    the poster art is pretty cool. the tax line is moronic.

i'm truely hoping, and bear with me here, that they continue with the new Day using the zombies and "world" from the dawn remake. I think the dawn remake had alot of potential that was never considered. and if nothing else the amount and quality of related fiction it's inspired on this site, prooves the concept of...."running" zombies can work.

i think it would be more meaningful if they tried to tie these films together as a new series that's inspired by the old one, rather than two stand alone "reinvisioning" films.

United States
    huh, i actually quite like both the day of the dead and creepshow3 poster, go fig.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    I've seen some things on Creepshow 3. It doesn't look good at all.

As for Day of the Dead's remake. We need to recruit some people to get scripts out there. Universal needs to get involved, then we could sick djfunkmasterg on them again.

United States
    heh, yeah creepshow 3 probably will suck, but I do think I really want to buy that poster

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Super Moderator

UK
    I guess it's what they represent.

I haven't seen the Creepshow 3 one, but I have seen the one for "Day of the Remake"...and it's SUCH a rip-off of Land of the Dead...the tag line sucks bean bag too.

United States
    Here's a closer look at the poster:

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_posters.php?id=7757

From the director of Halloween H20

I'm sorry, but thats absolutely nothing to brag about...

Fiji
    again, i really do like the art. it's very nice.

Super Moderator

United States
    Ummmmm...I agree the art is fine, but it is too reminiscent of the LOTD artwork for me to appreciate it. I also don't think the artwork evokes what I expect of the film (i.e. military men unraveling at the seams, useless scientists and some sort of an installation that will turn into a death trap), but that's probably just me splitting hairs.