Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Day of the Dead remake poster...

United States
    well, in the original that first cemetary zombie does shuffle about at a pretty good rate, almost RotLD fast.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    Even then, it wasnt like Dawn of the Dead's remake, where Lance Armstrong wouldn't have a chance if he were on a bike going at his typical fast-as-hell speed.

Please, don't ever let James Gunn write another remake...

Super Moderator

UK
    Well it'd definately be bloodier that's for sure, around 1990 the MPAA were really cracking down on gore and violence after the slasher cycle of the 1980s - just look at each Friday 13th, they get less scary but also less violent - although part four is pretty darn bloody. But part five starts the downfall (with part six giving more...but not enough), then part seven and eight are so damn tame. Part nine brought it back a tad in 1993, but with part ten (in what, 2001?) came at a time when gore was allowed back onto the screen ... just as long as nobody got naked at the same time as blood was a flying.

Undisclosed
    I noticed that in the Dawn remake there wwas so little blood. It was prestine compared to the original. I'm fearing that the most memorable deaths of Day will be redone or left out.

Rhodes should be torn apart on camera. If that is not in it, they will have ruined the best death in a zombie movie.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    But for all we know, there may not be a character named Rhodes. Or a similar type character, for that matter. They may do like Gunn did with Yawn04 and just totally rewrite it with nothing similar the original. Except for maybe underground bunker....that would probably be it

I'll be there opening day....but Im sure it will be a joke just like Yawn.

Undisclosed
    True, but I always like to think a remake will follow the story arc of the original film. I can be hugely mistaken.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd rather they not do it - and leave the daddy-of-deaths in Day of the Dead ... not try and hack-f*ck it into "Day of the Remake"...

United States
    I found this interesting. Here's a quote from the writer, Jeffery Reddick.

“I’m sworn to secrecy on specifics, but this won’t just be a rehash of an old film. I’m a huge fan of George Romero and I wouldn’t insult his work by just copying his movie with a WB-friendly cast. But I can tell you this: There will be a military facility with soldiers, scientists and civilians, there will be a Bub and yes, there will be blood—lots of it. Like the original, this DAY will be rated R.”

He never said the same characters, and something tells me he would say it if it was true. So I think its safe to say that other than Bub, there will be all new characters. Another interesting thing will be to see how Bub's part is written and who portrays him.

He said lots of blood. He didn't say lots of good, hardy devouring of corpses. Given the situation about how the industry and the MPAA runs today, I don't think we'll see it as much as it was in the original without an NC-17 rating. It'll be just too much. But given films get away with alot now still, I think we'll see alot of bloody, overhyped headshots and other blood-squirting injuries.

But these leaves me wondering...who should do the makeup?

And the big question that'll probably start crossing peoples minds...cameos. Who will we see? What will they do? Who will they be? etc.

Day of the Dead was unrated in the U.S, not R. So yeah, that proves he's a huge fan of Romero rate of the bat...

I don't know about you guys, but I have a real bad feeling about this remake. I'll reserve my final judgement until I see the film...

Super Moderator

UK
    "Day of the Remake" will suck a big fat hairy beanbag and pay for the privilege, DOTR is such the whore.

Undisclosed
    I don't even think an R version was ever made.

It was either he would make a 7-8 million movie on an R rating or a 3 million movie with an Unrated rating.

Obviously this guy knows nothing

United States
    Different countries slashed it down to a level worth rating. But in the U.S., it was unrated as far as I know.

All I know is this about this writer. He wrote Final Destination. That was just a cheap, teenie-bopper flick all about the cool, jumpy moments and all the killing. The writing actually, was more decent than anything James Gunn would dream of doing. But either way, I don't think the Day of the Dead remake will be anything too special.