View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Wars

15 57.69%
  • Star Trek

11 42.31%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars vs. Star Trek

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

Star Wars vs. Star Trek

Two gigantic sci-fi franchises which have almost nothing in common except for the word "Star" in their titles. So, pick your favourite. In Soviet Russia there are no grey zones. Only red.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    used to lean towards star wars, then saw phantom menace, nuff' said.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    More or less same here. I used to be a Star Wars fan, but after the debacle that was Episode 3 I've lost complete interest in that franchise. I never ever watch Star Wars anymore, but I've recently discovered the Star Trek films. While the television series are not always that great, the films always deliver entertainment. Solid and interesting Sci-fi films right there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I like both but voted for Star Trek. I just seems more rooted in reality to me. Can't wait to see what J.J. Abrams does with it. I'll make this bet though. It'll be better than the phantom menace. Not a very high bar to hurdle , I know.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Christmas Island
    Superficial view but one of the things I always liked about SW over ST was the dirty, worn out look SW had with many of its sets and vehicles. ST always had everything brand spanking new for some reason. I know it's the future and all but come on, throw a little wear and tear in there. Of course this view only applies to the original SW films, not those steaming piles of prequel crap Lucas chucked on the public.
    Last edited by MaximusIncredulous; 25-May-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Neither...both exceed my geek quota and annoy the hell out of me.

Fiji
    Trek.

Sorry but Deep Space Nine smokes everything star wars has put out in one go.

after that Babylon 5 then Galactica. Star wars comes in towards the bottom of by top 15 list.

United States
    Trek by far. I never saw anything even close to entertaining in Star Wars. A guy with a black bucket on his head, and a kid who was "the hope of the universe" (wow, that's an original concept). Yawnage.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    Trek.

Sorry but Deep Space Nine smokes everything star wars has put out in one go.

after that Babylon 5 then Galactica. Star wars comes in towards the bottom of by top 15 list.

True, if there was a Battlestar Galactica option i would have chosen that one.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    I chose Star Wars. A New Hope alone destroys the entire Star Trek franchise IMO.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    star trek easily. hands down. no contest in my book. fu*k a new hope and empire compared to the entire trek universe (tv shows included). star wars appears more trite, childish and moronic to me every year.

i am not a big fan of the trek movies (except for khan & VI) but the tv shows rock.

now given the option, B5 blows them both away...
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    now given the option, B5 blows them both away...

heh, true but it's an unfair selection. that's like making a high school wrestler fight Kimbo Slice.

Canada
    Thank God, I thought this thread was going to be a "my fictional universe could beat your fictional universe in a fight"

Those are entertaining though :P

I've been a huge star wars fan for years now, and I have always loathed Star Trek...Not so much for the show, but the fans. It has the most childish, overzealous, and ridiculous fans ever. There are a far share of ridiculous star wars fans, of that I have no doubt, but the trekkies are the loudest and most abrasive bunch.

Especially now that both series try to back up their technologies with science (expanded universe for starwars, and regular airplay in any star trek show) the rage has increased 10 fold. The shouting of "nu uhs, the original enterprise captain'd by kirk could destroy planets" answered by- "But that was not a standerdized ship, and the federation makes almost no use of those capabilites, while all Imperial Star Destroyers have that capability." has reached a crescendo, and the wailing voices of millions of nerds shouting and raging for their respective series has reached an alltime high.

I really believe those folk need to be subjected to a good old fashioned exterminatus/purging.

Glory to The Imperium.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Thank God, I thought this thread was going to be a "my fictional universe could beat your fictional universe in a fight"

Those are entertaining though :P

I've been a huge star wars fan for years now, and I have always loathed Star Trek...Not so much for the show, but the fans. It has the most childish, overzealous, and ridiculous fans ever. There are a far share of ridiculous star wars fans, of that I have no doubt, but the trekkies are the loudest and most abrasive bunch.

Especially now that both series try to back up their technologies with science (expanded universe for starwars, and regular airplay in any star trek show) the rage has increased 10 fold. The shouting of "nu uhs, the original enterprise captain'd by kirk could destroy planets" answered by- "But that was not a standerdized ship, and the federation makes almost no use of those capabilites, while all Imperial Star Destroyers have that capability." has reached a crescendo, and the wailing voices of millions of nerds shouting and raging for their respective series has reached an alltime high.

I really believe those folk need to be subjected to a good old fashioned exterminatus/purging.

Glory to The Imperium.
    storm trooper elvis springs to mind

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    LOL. It's true. The fervor exhibited by fans of these respective franchises reaches a level of almost religious fervor. Suicide bomber siths? Who knows? Hey, what were those things strapped to chewy's chest anyway? Makes ya wonder?