Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow. This movie was crappy.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's alot like Prez. Bush. I hate the bastard but he's ALL of our president not just the frightened people who voted for him.
    I voted for him. What am I supposed to be "frightened" of? If I don't hire the applicant that never shows up for work at his current job (Kerry), I'm "frightened"? Unlikely.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I voted for him. What am I supposed to be "frightened" of? If I don't hire the applicant that never shows up for work at his current job (Kerry), I'm "frightened"? Unlikely.
    It seems that John McCain was conspicuously absent from the senate vote for a new G.I. Bill last week, but whatever. Suport the troops. Riiiight. How about getting them some decent body armor for starters? But i digress.

That's what government does. Create boogeymen. They tell you what to be afraid of then they tell you who's responsible for it. Fear is the most effective way to control the masses. Whether it's bin laden or telling people don't eat meat this friday or you'll go to hell. Another one bites the dust i see.

So i hope your enjoying those record gas prices(cheney and his secret oil company accords) and recession (2 billion a week in iraq that is sorely needed here) we're in. Oh and pray that your home or anyone elses doesn't get forclosed on. Because your party certainly won't do anything to help you, even though it's their policies and lack of oversight on the housing market which fostered the enviroment for the predatory lending practices to thrive in. Unless your already rich and need the tax payers to bail you out that is. Then it's no problem.

It's funny how bush won't give the veterans a modernized G.I. bill that would acyually cover the cost of college, or give the poorest of our young people money foe college because it would be fiscally irresponsible, but when it comes to the war in Iraq money is no object.

I could go on forever, with the way the reps have screwed this country over the last eight years i don't have to. Katrina, pardoning criminals who obstructed justice, the money pit that is iraq. Just to name a few. But i'll leave you with this. Only through this rep. administration's incompetance could an enviroment be fostered where a woman and a black man are virtual locks to be the next president of the United States. The progressives thank you, we couldn't have done it without you guys. See how nicely it rolls off the tounge? Try it. President Barack Obama. Get used to it.
    Last edited by darth los; 27-May-2008 at 12:42 AM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed

prez

Cindy McCain is SMOKIN' hot!
    "Totally Togepi!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Cindy McCain is SMOKIN' hot!

I'll drink to that. You should see her pics from 20 years ago. Definitely a M.I.L.F.

She's like 60 though. When is the doable cutoff point by the way? Keep in mind, the woman is LOADED !!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dead

Undisclosed
    Hey, I'm an independent, not partisan at all and if they're making an insane argument i'm gonna call them on it. She is the Senator from my state. I however did not vote for her. Unfortunately, in the republic we live in we all have to abide by the "tyranny of the majority". It's alot like Prez. Bush. I hate the bastard but he's ALL of our president not just the frightened people who voted for him.

And yeah, they made that place sound like a fortress. When they rolled up on it i was like " there's no way i'd hole up in there, panic room or not. What? All the good shopping malls were closed?

Jesus, do you sound like every other New Yorkers I went to college with. I'm glad my Uncle Sam got me out of that area years ago.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Does anyone remember the 2000 primary when McCain was running against W. Bush, and Bush told the voters of South Carolina that McCain fathered an illegitimate black baby? LOL, that was some vile crap. Funny but vile.

It helped Bush carry the South. I don't think McCain will get the redneck support that Bush got in '00 and '04. This is the Democrats' year, baby.

Even a black guy has a chance this time around.

Dead

Undisclosed
    It seems that John McCain was conspicuously absent from the senate vote for a new G.I. Bill last week, but whatever. Suport the troops. Riiiight. How about getting them some decent body armor for starters? But i digress.

That's what government does. Create boogeymen. They tell you what to be afraid of then they tell you who's responsible for it. Fear is the most effective way to control the masses. Whether it's bin laden or telling people don't eat meat this friday or you'll go to hell. Another one bites the dust i see.

So i hope your enjoying those record gas prices(cheney and his secret oil company accords) and recession (2 billion a week in iraq that is sorely needed here) we're in. Oh and pray that your home or anyone elses doesn't get forclosed on. Because your party certainly won't do anything to help you, even though it's their policies and lack of oversight on the housing market which fostered the enviroment for the predatory lending practices to thrive in. Unless your already rich and need the tax payers to bail you out that is. Then it's no problem.

It's funny how bush won't give the veterans a modernized G.I. bill that would acyually cover the cost of college, or give the poorest of our young people money foe college because it would be fiscally irresponsible, but when it comes to the war in Iraq money is no object.

I could go on forever, with the way the reps have screwed this country over the last eight years i don't have to. Katrina, pardoning criminals who obstructed justice, the money pit that is iraq. Just to name a few. But i'll leave you with this. Only through this rep. administration's incompetance could an enviroment be fostered where a woman and a black man are virtual locks to be the next president of the United States. The progressives thank you, we couldn't have done it without you guys. See how nicely it rolls off the tounge? Try it. President Barack Obama. Get used to it.

Darth, I'm disappointed in you. You're buying into everything the media tells you. Get out and experience a few things for yourself before you spout off conspiracy theories.
    Last edited by jim102016; 27-May-2008 at 04:39 AM.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    A little late for New Yorkers to be bad mouthing the Clintons, isn't it?

A few days after watching Diary, I keep wondering about the layout around the mansion at the end. Had they closed the front gate, could they have secured the whole house rather than just hiding in the panic room? Looking at the security cameras, it seemed the dead were all over the place in a hurry.

Couldn't agree more...that's the problem I had most with the film. At that point, everyone was in-tune to what was going on, but they were taking ZERO precautions to keep the dead out. The panic room was a last resort. But I'd still like to see how they get out of the jam.

Oh...and since this inexplicably turned into a political discussion -- Republicans are why the U.S. is 100 years behind where it should be developmentally. **** them.
    Last edited by Dead Hoosier; 27-May-2008 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed

Back to Diary

I just finished watching "Diary" and i must say i was very disappointed. I had seen another indie film (can't remember the name of it) very similar to "Diary" and thought it was a better film. This movie wasn't horrible but it never grabbed me in the least. And the ending i disliked very much. I understood the message they were trying to send from the end but it seems his films are geting to involved with philosophical messages and yes i understand this movie may have been ment to do just that and i understand he has done this since "Dawn" but those movies seemed to be able to draw the line of when to do this and not to do this. I like it more old-school. I like it to be a horror film first then throw a LITTLE philosophy in the mix. Not the whole film being it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Jesus, do you sound like every other New Yorkers I went to college with. I'm glad my Uncle Sam got me out of that area years ago.
    Excuse me for being informed and having opininions that differ from yours. Sounds like the usual republican party line. Instead of engaging someone on the issues and the merits of an argument, it's made into something personal brcause their arguments normally HAVE no merits. I realize the rest of the country don't really like New Yorkers. Could it be for the same reasons the rest of the world doesn't like the U.S.? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Does anyone remember the 2000 primary when McCain was running against W. Bush, and Bush told the voters of South Carolina that McCain fathered an illegitimate black baby? LOL, that was some vile crap. Funny but vile.

It helped Bush carry the South. I don't think McCain will get the redneck support that Bush got in '00 and '04. This is the Democrats' year, baby.

Not only that, it was supposedly from a black prostitute at that. Gutter politics at it's finest my friends.

Darth, I'm disappointed in you. You're buying into everything the media tells you. Get out and experience a few things for yourself before you spout off conspiracy theories.

Actually i do research these things thoroughly before i start spouting off at the mouth. I actually do get out alot and enjoy dialougues with people with different points of views such as yourself. As long as it remains civil and not personal i could go on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Hoosier View Post
    Couldn't agree more...that's the problem I had most with the film. At that point, everyone was in-tune to what was going on, but they were taking ZERO precautions to keep the dead out. The panic room was a last resort. But I'd still like to see how they get out of the jam.

Oh...and since this inexplicably turned into a political discussion -- Republicans are why the U.S. is 100 years behind where it should be developmentally. **** them.

Hi Five!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths_Shadow View Post
    I just finished watching "Diary" and i must say i was very disappointed. I had seen another indie film (can't remember the name of it) very similar to "Diary" and thought it was a better film. This movie wasn't horrible but it never grabbed me in the least. And the ending i disliked very much. I understood the message they were trying to send from the end but it seems his films are geting to involved with philosophical messages and yes i understand this movie may have been ment to do just that and i understand he has done this since "Dawn" but those movies seemed to be able to draw the line of when to do this and not to do this. I like it more old-school. I like it to be a horror film first then throw a LITTLE philosophy in the mix. Not the whole film being it.

I saw an interview where GAR stated that the subliminal, satirical message that comes across in dawn was kinda accidental.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Excuse me for being informed and having opininions that differ from yours. Sounds like the usual republican party line. Instead of engaging someone on the issues and the merits of an argument, it's made into something personal brcause their arguments normally HAVE no merits. I realize the rest of the country don't really like New Yorkers. Could it be for the same reasons the rest of the world doesn't like the U.S.? Just a thought.

Not only that, it was supposedly from a black prostitute at that. Gutter politics at it's finest my friends.

Actually i do research these things thoroughly before i start spouting off at the mouth. I actually do get out alot and enjoy dialougues with people with different points of views such as yourself. As long as it remains civil and not personal i could go on forever.

Hi Five!!

I saw an interview where GAR stated that the subliminal, satirical message that comes across in dawn was kinda accidental.

Not trying to be personal, but you really do sound like every other CNN-aholic who lacks personal involvement in the matters you spout off about. I'm not a republican, I'll probably never vote again. I'd say New Yorkers (some) are disliked because they're a sheltered lot who think the world revolves around them. Spend some time in another part of the country, you'll understand. More representative of the northeast, than the U.S. in general. I spent the first twenty years of my life up there. I have friends that are terrified to leave and explore the rest of the country. It's sad, just trying to make sure you don't end up like that.

Undisclosed
    It would be nice if actually made some points in order to defend your position.
    While I'm certain it would be just barrels of fun to point out the inherent silliness of the opinions being posted here such as "the whole movie was about pretty much nothing" and "Zack Snyder nailed Dawn," that's no reason to upset the apple cart now that the thread is consuming itself in equally silly political rants.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. huh? oh yeah diary of the dead.

after watching the DVD a couple of times i will have to say that while i still like the movie overall, those damn voice overs get more and more annoying with every viewing. too much transparent, pseudo-philosophical nonsense. it really, really detracts from the film as a whole in my book.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Hoosier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths_Shadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    While I'm certain it would be just barrels of fun to point out the inherent silliness of the opinions being posted here such as "the whole movie was about pretty much nothing" and "Zack Snyder nailed Dawn," that's no reason to upset the apple cart now that the thread is consuming itself in equally silly political rants.
    Hey, seinfeld was a show abut nothng and that was great. Sometimes nothing can actually be genius. This is not ne of those tmes though.

Not trying to be personal, but you really do sound like every other CNN-aholic who lacks personal involvement in the matters you spout off about. I'm not a republican, I'll probably never vote again. I'd say New Yorkers (some) are disliked because they're a sheltered lot who think the world revolves around them. Spend some time in another part of the country, you'll understand. More representative of the northeast, than the U.S. in general. I spent the first twenty years of my life up there. I have friends that are terrified to leave and explore the rest of the country. It's sad, just trying to make sure you don't end up like that.

Actually i pefer msnbc. But in any case we Are U.S. citizens, therefore we are all personally involved in the matters i "spouted off" about. It's our duty, too bad than most of don't don't treat it with the seriousness it deserves.

I actually don't parrot talking points like most people do. I take in the facts and then formulate my opinios based off of that.

i would argue that New Yorkers are the antethesis of a sheltered lot. There's more diversity here than anywhere else in the country, certainly more than a place like oregon where the population is 90% white. We are exposed to quite alot, more than you might think actually. Things that might shock other people the average new yorker would wouldn't give a second thought to. And trust me I've been to quite a few states and it doesn't seem as if I'm missing much. I know people do't like to hear that but everything i need is right here. There's virtually nothing that another state has that is not in or near new york.

Now when it comes to interacting with people from other states i'm all for that. I love to get different points of view.

Undisclosed
    President Barack Obama. Get used to it.
    No thanks.