Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow. This movie was crappy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman6565 View Post
    I would like to see Romero do a movie that falls between Night and Dawn and then one that falls between Dawn and Day. Then follow up Day. I can understand why Land made it into my local theaters and Diary didn't. Romero is better than this.
    personally i'd like to see romero stop doing zombie movies for a bit. he seems to be a bit of a one trick pony at the moment instead of an artist. he also seems to be running the risk of self-parody by continuing to do zombie films. we all know he can do movies outside of the zombie sub-genre and do them well. it'd be nice for him to step away from zombies for a bit.

a sequel to diary? no thanks, at least not in the near future. not because i don't like diary (i do like it) but because george needs to do something else for a bit.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    personally i'd like to see romero stop doing zombie movies for a bit. he seems to be a bit of a one trick pony at the moment instead of an artist.
    I totally agree Scip. I love the zombs but they are boring the f**k out of me at the moment. Didn't Romero say recently that he was interested in doing another Creepshow with King at some point?

a sequel to diary? no thanks, at least not in the near future.
    As much as I liked Diary, it isn't worthy of a sequel IMO.

United States
    Here's an idea. . . Let's keep the political discussions to the general thread please.

Oh and yes. . I completely agree. George should do something other than another zombie movie. It seems at this point that he just does them because that's where the money is for him. Good for him to make a buck and all, but that drive obviously doesn't result in good zombie movies. GAR needs to do something he wants to do, without worrying about pleasing the fans. When you try to do both (do what you want, AND please the fans) you end up with a confused, lackluster movie with little to no staying power.
    Last edited by clanglee; 27-May-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I agree, Romero needs to do what he wants to do. But if he does do another zombie movie I'd like to see more attention to real world things. Like, after the first 48 hours the lights would go out. That's why I found the whole on line stuff that was going on in Diary funny. There would be no net to watch this stuff on because ther would be no power to run your PC. Maybe in the Vegas area but out side of that the US would be a big black blob at night.

By the way, I don't hate Diary I just feel it was his worst zombie flick. Maybe he does need a break from these movies. But where would he get the cash to do something else.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman6565 View Post
    I agree, Romero needs to do what he wants to do. But if he does do another zombie movie I'd like to see more attention to real world things. Like, after the first 48 hours the lights would go out. That's why I found the whole on line stuff that was going on in Diary funny. There would be no net to watch this stuff on because ther would be no power to run your PC. Maybe in the Vegas area but out side of that the US would be a big black blob at night.

By the way, I don't hate Diary I just feel it was his worst zombie flick. Maybe he does need a break from these movies. But where would he get the cash to do something else.
    Someone just watched life after people...the whole movie (Diary) took place in just 2 days...so I don't think everything would go to hell that fast. People are probably still going to work at this point. Remember the National guard? Some smart peeps are preparing ala the black panther patrol...

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It seems that John McCain was conspicuously absent from the senate vote for a new G.I. Bill last week, but whatever. Suport the troops. Riiiight. How about getting them some decent body armor for starters? But i digress.

That's what government does. Create boogeymen. They tell you what to be afraid of then they tell you who's responsible for it. Fear is the most effective way to control the masses. Whether it's bin laden or telling people don't eat meat this friday or you'll go to hell. Another one bites the dust i see.

So i hope your enjoying those record gas prices(cheney and his secret oil company accords) and recession (2 billion a week in iraq that is sorely needed here) we're in. Oh and pray that your home or anyone elses doesn't get forclosed on. Because your party certainly won't do anything to help you, even though it's their policies and lack of oversight on the housing market which fostered the enviroment for the predatory lending practices to thrive in. Unless your already rich and need the tax payers to bail you out that is. Then it's no problem.

It's funny how bush won't give the veterans a modernized G.I. bill that would acyually cover the cost of college, or give the poorest of our young people money foe college because it would be fiscally irresponsible, but when it comes to the war in Iraq money is no object.

I could go on forever, with the way the reps have screwed this country over the last eight years i don't have to. Katrina, pardoning criminals who obstructed justice, the money pit that is iraq. Just to name a few. But i'll leave you with this. Only through this rep. administration's incompetance could an enviroment be fostered where a woman and a black man are virtual locks to be the next president of the United States. The progressives thank you, we couldn't have done it without you guys. See how nicely it rolls off the tounge? Try it. President Barack Obama. Get used to it.
    Have you read the bill? A lot of waste in it that has nothing to do with our GI's. Also, you may want to take the time to listen to Barack for a change. I can't afford a man like that as President. As for this rep. administration goes they have placed blacks in positions never reached before. Not because of their skin color but because they deserved to be there. If Barack is such a great man with new ideas, right, and feels he cango talk to our enemiesand make themplay nice then perhaps he could take those wonderful words to our inner cities talk people into becoming responsiblefor their own lives. By the way tha main problem with Katrina wasn't Bush it was all the local dems who spend levy money on everything other than their levy problems. Have a nice day and please try to stick to the topic. I know I will.

Undisclosed

I'm not a huge Snyder fan

and I thought the remake wasn't even close to the original AND it lacked character (save for the asshole security guard, I forgot his name), but there was some tension in the remake. Legit terror at points and sweaty palms.

Diary was so bad the only part I liked, genuinely, was Stephen King's cameo over the radio saying "get on your ****in' knees and pray!" That was pretty damn funny, but somehow appropriate.

Cindy McCain is doable until maybe 63 -- that might be pushing it, but I think she's like 59 right now. I take a hummer from her.
    "Totally Togepi!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    While I'm certain it would be just barrels of fun to point out the inherent silliness of the opinions being posted here such as "the whole movie was about pretty much nothing"
    Then counter it, Einstein. Go ahead and point out what the point of this retarded movie was. Oh, that's right, you can't. Because there wasn't one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    and I thought the remake wasn't even close to the original AND it lacked character (save for the asshole security guard, I forgot his name), but there was some tension in the remake. Legit terror at points and sweaty palms.

Diary was so bad the only part I liked, genuinely, was Stephen King's cameo over the radio saying "get on your ****in' knees and pray!" That was pretty damn funny, but somehow appropriate.

Cindy McCain is doable until maybe 63 -- that might be pushing it, but I think she's like 59 right now. I take a hummer from her.

Dude with chicks that old i believe the term is "GUMMER". Which if you think about it should theoretically trump the traditional hummer everytime.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Then counter it, Einstein. Go ahead and point out what the point of this retarded movie was. Oh, that's right, you can't. Because there wasn't one.
    Agreed!!

DC it does no good to jump into a thread with occasional smartass comments about other people's comments. Especially without actually arguing a point of your own. It just makes you appear contrary and antagonistic.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Just for the record, I like Diary.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    It just makes you appear contrary and antagonistic.
    Which means I fit with all the other smartasses here. There is something to be said for 'conformity.'

United States
    I didn't like Diary very much. The first two pages of this thread had a wealth of good points that I agree with.

I will add one:
    - Screw the whole "road movie" mentality. It didn't work for me. There was no sense of entrapment, no feeling of peril, no tension whatsoever.

I really hate to say this, but I think I liked Land more than Diary. And I reaaaaaally disliked Land.

I'd go a step further and say that Diary made me appreciate Land more. Land had fatal failings for me but in spite of that it still had some really great moments and some standout characters. Everything in Diary was either neutral or bad for me. Nothing terrible, but nothing great. A whole lot of meh.

I'm not interested in any Romero non-zombie movies. There are plenty of other directors making non-zombie horror movies but there's only one Romero to make Romero zombie movies. Even with my recent lack of enjoyment regarding Land & Diary I'd still pay money to see more.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    personally i'd like to see romero stop doing zombie movies for a bit. he seems to be a bit of a one trick pony at the moment instead of an artist. he also seems to be running the risk of self-parody by continuing to do zombie films.
    I thought after Land he'd be reluctant to discuss the possibility of any more zombies due to wanting to be known for more than just making zombie flicks. This is why I'm so surprised that he keeps pumping out zombie movies.

Land, Diary, talk of a sequel to Diary and several years ago he was interested in a sequel to Land but not so much any more.

I read that Diamond Dead just got the green light again and is likely to be his next project.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I didn't like Diary very much. The first two pages of this thread had a wealth of good points that I agree with.

I will add one:
    - Screw the whole "road movie" mentality. It didn't work for me. There was no sense of entrapment, no feeling of peril, no tension whatsoever.

I really hate to say this, but I think I liked Land more than Diary. And I reaaaaaally disliked Land.

I'd go a step further and say that Diary made me appreciate Land more. Land had fatal failings for me but in spite of that it still had some really great moments and some standout characters. Everything in Diary was either neutral or bad for me. Nothing terrible, but nothing great. A whole lot of meh.

I'm not interested in any Romero non-zombie movies. There are plenty of other directors making non-zombie horror movies but there's only one Romero to make Romero zombie movies. Even with my recent lack of enjoyment regarding Land & Diary I'd still pay money to see more.

The best character imo, was sam , the mute amish dude. Nuff, said!!

That scene was pulled off very well. It had humor, tension and the closterphobic feeling in the barn that some say the movie lacked.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"