Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update! NOT a sequel to Diary!

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

Question Update! NOT a sequel to Diary!

"Movieset reports there will be underwater zombies, while STYD adds that it will take place on an island! Exciting! We learned of some very interesting info this morning that we've been trying to confirm for about a week now. What we have confirmed is that George A. Romero is currently in Toronto, Ontario shooting a new zombie movie, only it's NOT a sequel to DIARY OF THE DEAD like originally announced. No word yet on what exactly it is, but we're doing some more digging in hopes of finding out more. Something we did discover is that Alan Van Sprang is starring in the film, which reunites him with Romero for the third time (Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead). He also starred in Saw III for Lionsgate."

So it's NOT a sequel to Diary... this makes me excited.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/13739
    Criminal

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, I have to say...Ooh! Ooh! I'm at least a bit hopeful now

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    HMmmmmmm. . . . very interesting. Great find man. Let the worried fanboy banter begin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well, I have to say...Ooh! Ooh! I'm at least a bit hopeful now
    ditto
    Last edited by clanglee; 26-Sep-2008 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Yeah,but whats to say that this update is correct.Gar's next zombie movie could be about anything.We'll going to have to just wait and see what it's going to be about.
    Last edited by Bub666; 26-Sep-2008 at 03:17 AM.

United States
    Interesting. I'm good either way, if it is or isn't. I guess I'm one of the few that like Land & Diary...warts & all...

I'm really interested that Alan Van Sprang is starring. I didn't even know his name until this article & the only thing I've seen him in is Land & Diary, but liked him in both, so it'll be cool to see him in a starring role,

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Interesting. I'm good either way, if it is or isn't. I guess I'm one of the few that like Land & Diary...warts & all...

I'm really interested that Alan Van Sprang is starring. I didn't even know his name until this article & the only thing I've seen him in is Land & Diary, but liked him in both, so it'll be cool to see him in a starring role,
    I too loved Land, and liked Diary ... the latter being the one more 'warty and all' methinks.

*fingers crossed for objective camera*

None of that Blair Witch stuff, Diary was a nice detour, but leave it at that I say. There's not enough to warrant a sequel methinks...maybe GAR had a change of heart on the issue, or late re-writes or something ... if this is indeed true.

But why else announce it was Diary 2, then suddenly not go that way? I wouldn't have thought PR exercise, that's not GAR's style ... like, "oh Diary did well, but wasn't received brilliantly, so let's calm people down with Diary 2, and then actually make something else so they're pleasantly surprised" ... but not really his style is it?

I read this comment in the ... er, comments on that page - I don't agree with it, but I couldn't help but laugh my ass off:

as Hall & Oates says: you are "out of touch" and old as f*ck.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 26-Sep-2008 at 07:12 AM.

ViP

United States
    Regardless of how bad or good Diary or Land is, you cannot say that Romero is out of touch. He is probably the most hip senior citizen this side of High Heffner. His messages for Land and Diary are "dead on".

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I read this comment in the ... er, comments on that page - I don't agree with it, but I couldn't help but laugh my ass off:
    Anyone quoting Hall and Oates has no right to call anyone else out of touch. . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    on an island?

dear god, maybe hes thought he could do a sequel to the dawn remake!

the universe would implode AND explode at the same time!!!!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Regardless of how bad or good Diary or Land is, you cannot say that Romero is out of touch. He is probably the most hip senior citizen this side of High Heffner. His messages for Land and Diary are "dead on".
    I have enormous respect for George Romero, and as anyone one of you know, especially if you yourself made a zombie film, the man is your biggest influence in all of it.

While my opinion on LAND is that it sucks, I enjoyed Diary, because he did what I expected of him... he turned in a gritty zombie flick with out all the BS hollywood dressing. The funny thing is in all of this I myself kind of understand in how he feels about working with producers. That staying under the radar is the place to be.

I am curious about what the news snippet is about so I am eagerly awaiting to hear more about it, and of course like any true zombie fan, once the movie hits the theaters, I will be there.

Lets face it kids, while Zombie films are all over the place (Indie studio, italian horror etc), they still remain one of the best horror film monsters of all time. Not many horror films can tout the creepiness zombie films in general bring to the masses. It is mainly why I would only shoot zombie films if I continue to work in the horror genre, but I am also into VAMPIRES, so who know.

One thing I know is George is getting up there, and he hasn't got many zombie films left in him, but I am hoping he makes the one we have all been waiting for since DAWN and DAY. I have faith he's got one great one left in him.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    man, the rumour mill is starting to spin faster and faster. someone give the poor hamsters powering it a break.

as for this report (and the all the others out there): i'll believe them when we see pics from the set, a trailer or better yet, an interview with the man himself.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    All the rumors I see point to an island setting with two factions on the island, the living and the dead. There is of course destined to be in fighting in the living group that would lead to lots of dramatic moments. The other faction would be the zombies.

While I do not HATE the idea right off the bat it smacks of “Zombie Survivor: Gabon” we can only hope for lot’s of pretty people wearing buffs covering their bulbous naughty parts. While debates about food rationing and votes on leadership become common place.

Torch snuffing could be and interesting event, complete with cliff hangers, and the always pre-arranged to be dramatic “random” read of names. The looser has to leave the camp and try to communicate with the dead.

Tribe swaps would be interesting. “We claim Bub from the undead tribe, because we want to pick his brain about what is going on with the zombie tribe” “That shouldn’t be too hard it is dripping out of his skull all over his shirt”.

Then sending survivors over to the undead tribe would help several things along, it would certainly give you moments of drama, and it would help to solve the food issues the zombies would have for a while.

All in all I can’t wait for the tropical zombie goodness.

Super Moderator

UK
    With all this talk of islands and zombies and such like that...I wonder if he'd ever incorporate any ideas from the original Day script, but re-imagined if you will, into whatever the hell this new flick is.

And indeed, the dude isn't 'out of touch', but I just found that comment on BD absolutely hilarious this morning...despite it being bollocks.

United States
    Sorry to say but, yes it is according to this. http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ws.php?id=7876

Swimming Zombies?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Sorry to say but, yes it is according to this. http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ws.php?id=7876
    This sounds like it could be a good movie.