Thread: TV help.

Fiji

TV help.

i'm going to be blowing my gubahment Katrina check on a new TV for my office. so i want to switch over to a an HD-LCD, but nothing bigger than say 32 inches as i'm going to wall mount it and i'm worried about the weight being too much for these walls. also i'll be using it more for Xbox than i will for TV watching so i don't need an uber hooge screen.

i'm open to buying it anywhere (on line or in store) other than circuit city. but i've no real idea if i should be looking for certain manufacturers or what.

help me.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    i'm going to be blowing my gubahment Katrina check on a new TV for my office. so i want to switch over to a an HD-LCD, but nothing bigger than say 32 inches as i'm going to wall mount it and i'm worried about the weight being too much for these walls. also i'll be using it more for Xbox than i will for TV watching so i don't need an uber hooge screen.

i'm open to buying it anywhere (on line or in store) other than circuit city. but i've no real idea if i should be looking for certain manufacturers or what.

help me.
    I recommend Philips as a brand of good LCDs...definitely. Bought my set last year and it's still one of the strongest on the market. The version down from my set was rated as the best LCD by The Gadget Show just two weeks ago...and my version which by comparison is better, is amazing...it's a 42PFL7962 but you'd probably want a 32PFL7962 if they make 'em in that size...

Undisclosed
    Take a look at Sonys new LCD line. They got some great reviews...

I would take a walk by all of the sets (this is what I did) before buying. Best Buy usually has the same program running on all of them at the same time. Then ask them to put on some SD stuff so you can see the kind of pic from SD signals.