Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beverly Hills Cop 4 - *groan*

Administrator

England

Beverly Hills Cop 4 - *groan*

Come on... 3 was terrible...

The time has come and gone for these films...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bever...ning-8983.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Come on... 3 was terrible...

The time has come and gone for these films...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bever...ning-8983.html
    Bah, they're only doing it cos of Die Hard 4 ... and DH4 was a let down and dare I say it, too over the top (i.e. clinging onto the wings of a fighter jet in the middle of a web of freeway structures, or nailing a helicopter with a cop car that seems to accelerate even when there's nothing pressing on the gas pedal)...

Anyway, I'm not sure if I've even seen any of the BHCop movies before ... if I have I certainly can't remember them AT ALL.

Also, Lethal Weapon 4 ... I mean it was alright, kept more in line with the other films than the likes of Die Hard 4 ... but compared to 1 - 3, especially 1 and 2, it just didn't have the vibe. Enjoyable enough, but not affecting ... now the director's cut of #1, that's awesome.

Murphy's just gagging for a career boost after all those fat suit movies and Spice Girls.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Bah, they're only doing it cos of Die Hard 4 ... and DH4 was a let down and dare I say it, too over the top (i.e. clinging onto the wings of a fighter jet in the middle of a web of freeway structures, or nailing a helicopter with a cop car that seems to accelerate even when there's nothing pressing on the gas pedal)...

Anyway, I'm not sure if I've even seen any of the BHCop movies before ... if I have I certainly can't remember them AT ALL.

Also, Lethal Weapon 4 ... I mean it was alright, kept more in line with the other films than the likes of Die Hard 4 ... but compared to 1 - 3, especially 1 and 2, it just didn't have the vibe. Enjoyable enough, but not affecting ... now the director's cut of #1, that's awesome.

Murphy's just gagging for a career boost after all those fat suit movies and Spice Girls.
    Lethal Weapon 4 was OK, BUT Mel should have died at the end! Jet Li should have killed Mel Gibson in their fight, and then Danny Glover should have gone absolutely mental and ended up killing Jet Li - He was now the 'Lethal Weapon'...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MZ - You haven't seen/don't remember the Beverly Hills Cop flicks?? They're classic comedy/action flicks, man. 1 & 2(Martin Brest and Tony Scott) are the best, but I'm not sure what John Landis was thinking with the third film. It's not absolutely horrible, but it's not the same vibe as the first two. Anyway....get your ass out there and buy those flicks! I think you can find a three pack of them for 10 bucks now.

I would be down for a fourth film. It will probably not be worth it...but I don't mind them trying. At least it will get Murphy away from all those VERY UNFUNNY fat suit comedies that he's been into lately...
    Last edited by bassman; 29-May-2008 at 01:03 PM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Brett Ratner is directing... WHY? WHY? WHY?

Tarantino offered, and no one took him up on it, even Tony Scott said he would direct a 4th Cop.

Come on Paramount, we don't need a Pg-13 Beverly Hills Cop, especially from someone like Brett Ratner.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not expecting Ratner to stay attached. For some reason, I don't see him doing it. And I hope I'm right because he sucks....

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I would be down for a fourth film. It will probably not be worth it...but I don't mind them trying. At least it will get Murphy away from all those VERY UNFUNNY fat suit comedies that he's been into lately...
    I'm with you, Bass. And I'm not too bothered Ratner is directing - I'm just happy Murphy is steering away from those awful FX driven movies of late and is returning to a classic role that once made him King.

And BHC3 haters can just f**k off. Okay, it's nothing compared to the first two but it's still fun in it's own little way. And Hector Elizondo was the MAN!

Undisclosed
    I remember every jackass with a keyboard playing the soundtrack at every school talent show during the mid-late 80's.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I remember every jackass with a keyboard playing the soundtrack at every school talent show during the mid-late 80's.
    (Just finished learning it on my keyboard.)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All this movie needs to do to make me happy is bring in Serge.

"Acknell...? Ackwell.....Foley is here to see you"

United Kingdom
    BHC is one of my favourite film series. 1 & 2 were awesome, 3 was okay, simply not as good though.

As with Die Hard 4, I don't hold high hopes for BHC4. Looks like the movie industry is out to ruin all my favourite film trilogies by stapling another one on the end.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    (Just finished learning it on my keyboard.)
    Yeah, but these guys sucked and its all they knew how to play on an expensive 1980's era keyboard. At least they could learn the Miami Vice theme. It just became repetitive after a while.

Administrator

England
    Looks like it could being PG'd down as well... http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36964
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i'll go out on limb here - i've never seen any of the beverly hills cop movies. comedy is one genre that i really have never gotten into. granted there are comedies that i have dug but it isn't a movie genre that i really give a crap about.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Jesus **** Christ **** Noooo!!!