Thread: here is a freaky pic for you...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

here is a freaky pic for you...

this was taken by the spirit rover on mars. it looks a hell of a lot like a humanoid head or as some of the more unbalanced folks out there say, the top of some sort of statue.

to me it looks like erosion (remember mars has some of the most vicious sand storms in the solar system) combined with active imaginations.

life on mars in the past? yes that is something i will entertain - on a primative level, now that the mars rovers have proved without a doubt that large amounts of liquid water used to exist there in much warmer conditions that today. but advanced humanoid life?? i doubt that very seriously. look at the history of advanced life on our planet - the two most "intelligent" animals, humans and dolphins have appeared very, very recently.
    Last edited by Mike70; 30-May-2008 at 03:28 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Wouldn't it be great if a couple of other photos turned up from elsewhere on the surface, with very similar looking rocks

Here's a link to the actual NASA photo page - http://marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/al...P2425L7M1.HTML

ps: If it hadn't have been for a couple of mass extinctions, intelligent life could have happened hundreds of millions of years ago maybe...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    If you look at it with your tilted at a certain angle you can actually see the virgin mary...

England
    everybody knows thats a stormtrooper helmet

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    rofl.
    Dude, that sig is awesome. I lmao till i cried.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ah man, wouldnt it be cool if it was like some cockroach mans carcass or something?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Billions of rocks on that planet...some of 'em have GOT to look humanoid, it's law of averages.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessium View Post
    If you look at it with your tilted at a certain angle you can actually see the virgin mary...
    I see the start of a bad indiana jones movie in space.

United States
    Wouldn't it be weird if it was actually something and it came from somewhere else in space? Like it was attached to some space material such as an astroid or comet that was traveling millions of light years and eventually collided with Mars millions and millions of years ago. That this prooved that there was intelligence in the universe that long ago.

That would be crazy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    turns out the martians were bionicles.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    turns out the martians were bionicles.
    Rofl.

It looks like a skull to me of some sort of race. Did the spirit bring it back or just take a picture and go "thats odd" and moved on?
    Why arent you laughing?