Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: HPotD Xbox Leaderboard

Undisclosed
    I am very close to taking the number 5 spot.

Undisclosed
    Ok i've hit the 12g bar, am most of the way to grabbing 7th slot. After a long session on Farcry 2, which has certainly grabbed my attention for possible game of the year 08.

Still hunting mind, it's gotten real good to me

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    first place bitches, come and get me!

United States
    I have a feeling me and hells are gonna be neck and neck 'till the end of 360's run.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    your forgetting im still immersed in the latest wow expansion, i've got 8 games still shrink wrapped dude!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    anybody have some suggestions on some easy achievment points i could rack up?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    anybody have some suggestions on some easy achievment points i could rack up?

thats about as uncool as someone whos got avatar on there list....

i actually had an argument with my freinds 13 year old cousin about this, he walked in when i was playing prince of persia and asked "that looks cool, how easy is it to raise my gamerscore?"

i said "im not telling since your supposed to enjoy the game for what it is, what did you do back in the day with mario sunshine or wind waker?"

and he goes "yeah, but thats not the point of playing games now"

jesus.

Canada
    i want a huge gamerscore as well

someone sell me some gamer scores pls. will pay with sex.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    thats about as uncool as someone whos got avatar on there list....

i actually had an argument with my freinds 13 year old cousin about this, he walked in when i was playing prince of persia and asked "that looks cool, how easy is it to raise my gamerscore?"

i said "im not telling since your supposed to enjoy the game for what it is, what did you do back in the day with mario sunshine or wind waker?"

and he goes "yeah, but thats not the point of playing games now"

jesus.
    Sorry to offend you hells, but if it was COMPLETELY insignificant we wouldn't keep rankings on here now would we? So no matter what anyone says, bragging rights are a part of it to some degree.

It's not like i would play a game that i hate soley to get the points but as long as i'm playing i might as well get the highest score possible. To me achievements increase the replay value of a game exponentially. It's pretty much the only reason that i played left for dead for as long as i did.

Also, with those such as yourself and coin return who have 20,000+ gamerscores I can only assume that that were atleast a few achievements that you went into a game actively trying to get otherwise you never would have gotten them. Some of them are nearly impossible to get if you DON'T play the campaign with them in mind.

Thanks anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    i want a huge gamerscore as well

someone sell me some gamer scores pls. will pay with sex.

And what exactly is it that you WON'T pay for with sex again?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nope ive never aimed for any, ive gotten them as i play the game, if i did id be a lot closer to the 89,000 possible ones i could have right now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    nope ive never aimed for any, ive gotten them as i play the game, if i did id be a lot closer to the 89,000 possible ones i could have right now.

That's a hell of alot of points you left on the table dude.

But in any case i don't think any of us play games JUST for the achievements. I'd be just as happy beating a game's ps3 counterpart. But i do enjoy getting them.

Last edited by darth los; 10-Feb-2009 at 05:59 PM.

United States

Then explain that

What's so wrong about enjoying achievements? They extend the life of a game and give you something to shoot for. Seems like a pretty well implemented feature for a scoring-based hobby, wouldn't you say?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh that one was easy, i was just driving round the tunnels having a hoot, slowly after though i realized "this is pretty much IT for this game" and got bored with it.
    i think if your not aiming for it thats the one that kills dead rising for you.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post

Then explain that

What's so wrong about enjoying achievements? They extend the life of a game and give you something to shoot for. Seems like a pretty well implemented feature for a scoring-based hobby, wouldn't you say?
    oh that one was easy, i was just driving round the tunnels having a hoot, slowly after though i realized "this is pretty much IT for this game" and got bored with it.

That's hilarious guys.

Speaking for myself, I know that there are some achievements that are so frustrating that i just give up pursuing them. Beating the game is enough for me so it's not like I'm totally obsessed with them. But yeah, i do go into a game with a few in mind.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    so why andy bothered for the "stay at your tv for days" achievement is beyond this gaming enthusiast.