Thread: HPotD Exclusive!!!

Undisclosed

HPotD Exclusive!!!

The opening of my upcoming "Halloween" Remake. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=XV1RWA2P

This scene takes place right after Michael's escape. He goes to the house of dr. Loomis' former assistant to find files on the where abouts of Laurie Strode. Once the assistant comes home, Michael is waiting...

The now deceased Dr. Loomis' only son Isaac is then notified of the escape and then grabs his gun and heads to Haddonfield to find Laurie Strode before HE does.
    Last edited by Minerva_Zombi; 06-Jun-2008 at 10:59 PM.

capncnut
    Okay, after ploughing through the Party Poker ads I finally got there.

It was okay. Liked the title sequence a lot and the atmosphere was pretty good throughout but everything beyond the opening titles was too long winded with no reward: a long shot of a house, some rain, a brief glimpse of Myers, some chick and thats the eight minutes practically. Don't take this to offence 'cos it does show some promise but as a long time Halloween fan who knows the stories intimately, I dunno about the plot thus far (was there one?). I'd like to see the rest of it before I could make any official comment tbh.

As a no budget effort though, not too bad. Should be a little bit tighter.
    Last edited by capncnut; 07-Jun-2008 at 01:28 AM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Okay, after ploughing through the Party Poker ads I finally got there.

It was okay. Liked the title sequence a lot and the atmosphere was pretty good throughout but everything beyond the opening titles was too long winded with no reward: a long shot of a house, some rain, a brief glimpse of Myers, some chick and thats the eight minutes practically. Don't take this to offence 'cos it does show some promise but as a long time Halloween fan who knows the stories intimately, I dunno about the plot thus far (was there one?). I'd like to see the rest of it before I could make any official comment tbh.

As a no budget effort though, not too bad. Should be a little bit tighter.
    The woman is the former assistant of Dr. Loomis. Michael went after her to find the files on Laurie Strode. It'll explain all that later in the movie though so... But no offense taken. I need all the criticism i can get. So I can get better at what I do. I agree that it needs to be a bit tighter. The opening shot should be cut alot shorter. And like it says, it is a rough cut. There'll prolly be a few shots added t add more effect to the death part. But otherwise, this is some of my best work I think. Bt I also understand that the major obstacle Im facing is that this is a Halloween movie and the story is known so well that automatically its going to be compared to any previous Halloween so... I got that going against me. lol. But, all I wanted to do with this is make a tribute to John Carpenter's film. Mood, atmosphere, etc. I didn't think Rob Zombies did that AT ALL. So, thats my goal. Make a tribute that true fans of the original will enjoy and appreciate.
    Last edited by Minerva_Zombi; 07-Jun-2008 at 04:50 AM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    I also understand that the major obstacle Im facing is that this is a Halloween movie and the story is known so well that automatically its going to be compared to any previous Halloween so... I got that going against me.
    As you might know Reese Eveneshen recently remade Night Of The Living Dead and the flak he got... whoa it was nasty. The sad thing is that the film was alright.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    OK,

I watched it... The opening home movies gave the film a lot of promise, but after the credits it went downhill with that insanely long take of the walk to the house in the rain.

With no music in the scene it makes it fall flat, and you should really consider starting the film off somewhere else. Starting it there is not a good point, or get moving to the house faster and get inside quicker, have Michael search the house, find little things to use as insert shots like a clok, or something personal of the victim.

As it stands now I think it needs a lot of work on that opening.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    OK,

I watched it... The opening home movies gave the film a lot of promise, but after the credits it went downhill with that insanely long take of the walk to the house in the rain.

With no music in the scene it makes it fall flat, and you should really consider starting the film off somewhere else. Starting it there is not a good point, or get moving to the house faster and get inside quicker, have Michael search the house, find little things to use as insert shots like a clok, or something personal of the victim.

As it stands now I think it needs a lot of work on that opening.
    Well, like I said that opening shot will def be cut in half. It is a little long, so I agree with you on that aspect. And there will be more shots and what not put in for the final cut.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think if you fix that opening shot it will work nicely, but the home movies opening was really good. It gave me a nice tense feeling.

So you're heading in the right direction starting the film off like that.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Canada
    i couldnt get it to work?
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Undisclosed
    www.myspace.com/virus_mike

its the video in the about me section.

Dead

Undisclosed
    were the home movies at the beginning taken from a work print of Halloween Resurrection?