Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: post apocalyptic cartoon series on channel 4

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    and the jerico ones
    and heroes ones
    and....okay ,england 1- america, bloody hundreds!

England
    Well, I ended up watching all of these last night, very enjoyable.

Anybody else think it would make a good live action mini-series?
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Well, I ended up watching all of these last night, very enjoyable.

Anybody else think it would make a good live action mini-series?
    How long did that take?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    How long did that take?
    Erm, ages. Round about 4 hours (with a few breaks to make the ocasional cup of tea).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I watched it all yesterday too, I really enjoyed it but felt the mole people thing was a bad move. A live action mini series wouild rock though the possible reason it's been done this way is because they would have required a enormouse budget to show lifeless cities like New york, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and other stuff.

It could have done without the mole people, that was maybe too soon.

England
    The mole people didn't bother me that much, not when you accept that there is lots of weird stuff going on, birth mutations, horses eating flesh and stuff.

Definitely an interesting little series though! And as for costs of a live action series, I'm sure if it was set in non-landmark parts of cities they could get away with fewer actual locations.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    , horses eating flesh
    dude, a shire horse will tear your ****ing face off, that **** aint fiction!

Super Moderator

United States
    This really does suck that I can't see this by the link provided

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The creators have taken a excursion to something called Gemini division, they'd better finish what they started.

I have a theory about the fall, the Parthia Group represent humans who retreated to another planet and are in a race against time to return and reclaim the Earth. They sent agents to Earth to ochestrate the extermination of humankind on Earth and unleashed the nanomachines on mankind. The governemnts knew about it but didn't want to cause panic so kept it under wraps they then resorted to activating the EMP (to deactivate the nanos) but it was to late, the nano machines were activated and killed off much of the population.

Or it's a government plot where humans have been put in a form of stasis that allows the Earth's natural resources to replenish and the survivors are caretakers.