Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthdays?

United States

Birthdays?

No big deal, but last year on my birthday, June 18th, I noticed that my name was listed under the birthdays section on the front of the forum pages. It might sound strange, but I did appreciate this mention since, these days, no one wishes me happy brithday with the exception of my wife and immediate family. This year, my 40th birthday, I was looking forward to this listing but did not see it. I assume that there was some sort of glitch that prevented my birthday to be listed, so I thought that I would mention it.

I know that the mods here have a lot to deal with, and again, this issue is not a big deal or anything, but if you all get a chance could you please look into this. Someone else's birthday might get missed tommorow or the next day.

HPOTD Mods Rule!!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    happy birthday old man.
    Last edited by Mike70; 18-Jun-2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    happy birthday old man.
    Thanks brother scipio. Beginning to realize that 40 isn't that old.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Happy b-day Yojimbo!

Check your user cp settings, there might be an option in there that needs checking to show it up.

Administrator

England
    There is a 'privacy' setting for DOB!? What's your set to Yojimbo?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Canada
    happy birthday homes, we're 14 years and 11 months apart. LOL

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Mine has never come up on HPOTD, even when I enabled it last year, and this year I turn the big 37, July 16th.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Maybe its similar to Y2K...once you hit 40 the server just doesn't know what to do...

Happy B-Day...people our age, I thought, did not like to be remembered that they are one day closer to the Box.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    people our age, I thought, did not like to be remembered that they are one day closer to the Box.
    Or the Cooker (in my case)...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Thanks DJ (and happy 37th this month too!) and homeboy Ace, Neil who always fights the good fight (I will check my settings), my brother wrought from another mother Minon, and Skip, who like me is still managing to evade that box, or at least trying to. You guys rule!

Soylent green is people!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 03-Jul-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Mine has never come up on HPOTD, even when I enabled it last year, and this year I turn the big 37, July 16th.
    ya son of a bitch,pick another month

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Thanks DJ (and happy 37th this month too!) and homeboy Ace, Neil who always fights the good fight (I will check my settings), my brother wrought from another mother Minon, and Skip, who like me is still managing to evade that box, or at least trying to. You guys rule!

Soylent green is people!
    Thanks Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    ya son of a bitch,pick another month

I wish I could, then maybe it would actually show up. Another year another missing entry.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Yojimbo HAPPY BDAY alittle late but still I hope it was GREAT!
    HAPPY BDAY to the rest of you too!!!
    OOH plezzzz as for age when you all get my age then let's talk about the cooker and the box!!! You's just youngun's! lol

BTW: I still feel like a young chick!
    Age is all in how you see it!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    my birthday was yesterday

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    my birthday was yesterday
    Yup and we said happy birthday in the shoutbox. Whaddya want, a fricken Blue Peter badge?

J/K!

Happy birthday, mate.