Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just finished watching Rambo for the second time today...

United Kingdom

Just finished watching Rambo for the second time today...

Now THAT'S how you do a modern sequel for an older series!

I doubt there's many Rambo fans who wouldn't agree this movie was a brilliant installment in the series. I'll admit I did get a bit sceptical when I first saw the stereotypically foul-mouthed British mercenary, but about 10 minutes on I realised my worries were nothing but movie industry paranoia.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i havent seen it since its cinema release and i still think its one of the best action movies in the last ten years.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I watched Missing in Action 3 yesterday, and I'm a bit put off by the whole formula right now. Never was a fan of "super strong, american warrior takes down the entire ****ing army all by himself" type of films.

Super Moderator

UK
    Craig, Hellsing - men after my own heart.

I recently watched Rambo for my third time and it's still awesome. The best slice of action blokery since the Berlin Wall fell down. Superb action and another series resurrection that succeeds in spades from Stallone.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I watched Missing in Action 3 yesterday, and I'm a bit put off by the whole formula right now. Never was a fan of "super strong, american warrior takes down the entire ****ing army all by himself" type of films.
    Well it's not just him this time, there's a team of mercenaries sent in to do the job and Rambo decides to 'tag along'. Thinking about it, another interesting scenario would have been a team of mercenaries hunting him down and him offing them one by one.

Undisclosed
    This Rambo installment was hilariously entertaining....I enjoyed every minute of this action packed gorefest

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Well it's not just him this time, there's a team of mercenaries sent in to do the job and Rambo decides to 'tag along'. Thinking about it, another interesting scenario would have been a team of mercenaries hunting him down and him offing them one by one.
    Just not my genre. I mean, I enjoy dumb films. I love them. But this is just too dumb of a genre for me.

Undisclosed
    Just not my genre. I mean, I enjoy dumb films. I love them. But this is just too dumb of a genre for me.
    If you havent seen it you should give it a try....I also do not like this genre that you describe....but this movie is very entertaining....

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I doubt there's many Rambo fans who wouldn't agree this movie was a brilliant installment in the series.
    Im not a Rambo fan(though the first one was good)....but I still loved this movie....
    Last edited by Terran; 27-Jun-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Agreed. First Blood is the only film in the series that I like and i've heard that this new installment is like 2 and 3. So I don't even care to see it. I won't pay for it, anyway. I'll probably check it out when it's on TV...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    If you havent seen it you should give it a try....I also do not like this genre that you describe....but this movie is very entertaining....
    I'll give it a try eventually. But I know I'm not a fan of the genre so I'm not going to pursue it. It'll happen when it happens.

Undisclosed
    i think stallone realised that he really had nothing going on in his career and that he was apart of two of the most beloved movie series ever in rambo and rocky. so, i think he wanted to do two good quality sequels for both. and he definatly succeeded. rambo was awesome. this is the kind of film die hard 4 should have been. yippie ki yay mother.... BOOM! lol. lame.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    so, i think he wanted to do two good quality sequels for both. and he definatly succeeded. rambo was awesome. this is the kind of film die hard 4 should have been. yippie ki yay mother.... BOOM! lol. lame.
    I totally agree, and I haven't even subjected myself to DH4.

Stallone is doing another Rambo for 2009 and according to a quote on Wikipedia he wants to take Rambo away from the action and into a different genre apparently... I'm interested, if not a little sceptical of how it'd work.
    Last edited by Craig; 27-Jun-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Rambo in another genre?

Errr ... the point in Rambo is he's all guns and fight.

It would be interesting to see him back in America though. First Blood was him in America, but after that point he's fought various wars and come back after it all, so it'll be interesting to see what that would be like.

However - in another genre? Leave Rambo be I think, or at least leave him be in the action genre.

After the one-two punch of Rocky Balboa and Rambo, it'd be silly to stuff it up with another Rocky V, you know.

He's only saying it at the moment, hopefully he'll have a proper think about it, and has had an idea floating around for a good while.

But I don't see Rambo working in any other genre but action, he's an action hero, leave him there. He's not sci-fi, he's not horror, he's not anything else but action - and there's nout wrong with that.

Rambo, by the way, was awesome.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But I don't see Rambo working in any other genre but action, he's an action hero, leave him there. He's not sci-fi, he's not horror, he's not anything else but action - and there's nout wrong with that.
    How about the drama genre? You know, like First Blood? The one that was actually good?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    How about the drama genre? You know, like First Blood? The one that was actually good?
    HIGH FIVE!