Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh man i cant wait for tomorrow, bring on them darleks!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Don't be dropping spoilers though anyone who knows sh*t about next week's episode, which is bound to be an absolute ruddy corker!
    The only spoiler I'll give is this: Get some Kleenex. Not just for the tears but also the jizz.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    FUUUUCK ME RUNNING ROUND THE INSIDE OF A PING-PONG BALL!!!

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Non-stop awesomeness from start to finish, no drawn out exposition (the necessary amount was in amongst all the action, noiiice).

Sarah Jane was awesome in it too, well, the actress I mean. She did a bang up job when she first heard "EXTERMINATE!" come across the radio signals.

Fookin' nora it was awesome! And what's all this about him shooting fire out of his clothe-holes?! (Regenerating). B'ave!

I'm thinking there's something up 'ere, there's gotta be a catch, otherwise we'd have heard some sort of information prior.

Don't be dropping spoilers though anyone who knows sh*t about next week's episode, which is bound to be an absolute ruddy corker!

Also - DAVROS! That bugger looks proper manky, bang-up job on re-creating him in all!

*gasps for air*

there's not a "what he said" emoticon big enough to express my agreement!

Although if ANYONE know if there's going to be a new Doctor, and who he is, TELL ME!!!!

here's what I *think* will happen:

The next ep the doc won't regenerate properly, he'll get "a few more hours" to sort out the problem, then at the end of that ep he'll regenerate and I reckon it'll be some paradoxical thing whereby they bring in John Simms (The Master in Doc Who, and Life on Mars' main character) to play the next doctor...

Purely speculation though!!

Super Moderator

UK
    I was so jazzed up about last night's episode, I had a dream they showed next week's episode this evening before Top Gear ... however in my dream it all went wrong and the episode was the most boring slice of crap ever.

Mid-way through the dream though, I figured out I was in a dream ... you know how you're in a dream and it's so convincing, or you're so "into" it that you just believe it to be the case? Yeah, like that, but then I figured out it was a dream part way through.

I remember one time I woke up after a really vivid dream, convinced I'd won a million quid ... the grin on my face, you shoulda seen how fast it dropped.

Well I must say, the end of last night's episode certainly threw us a curve ball, but indeed, I don't think it's going to be a straight forward regeneration.

There'll be "loss" though I imagine, as there's been people telling Donna she'll have something to lose, or she'll die or whatever throughout the series, so something will have to happen there ...

...but I don't want to know anything if anyone knows anything!

On the topic of Donna though, I've found her to be a really good companion for the Doctor, I was sceptical at first to be honest, but she's done a really good job in the end.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Although if ANYONE know if there's going to be a new Doctor, and who he is, TELL ME!!!!
    Not a plot spoiler, just an answer to Symphs q. Nonetheless, MZ should look away.

It's been confirmed that Tennant will stay for the Christmas special BUT it has been long rumoured that he and Russell T. Davies are leaving after that.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    ARGHHH

thanks Capn!

Davros used to do a lot more shouting and screaming than in this ep!! I always remembered him banging his one hand on the thing he sits in and yelling at people...!!
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 29-Jun-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    ARGHHH

thanks Capn!

Davros used to do a lot more shouting and screaming than in this ep!! I always remembered him banging his one hand on the thing he sits in and yelling at people...!!
    lol, Davros is a right nutter.

Perhaps he's a bit weak cos he's created an army of Daleks from his own body, remember when he unzipped his leather top thing and it was all minging under there, you could see into his chest and such ... indeed.

But then again, someone once said that truly evil and intimidating people need not shout.

Capn - I didn't look at the spoiler, so I'm still in the dark here ... man am I tempted to look though ... oooooooooooooooooh-ooh!

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Undisclosed
    Only managed to watch this one today thanks to iplayer and damn good episode.

Ive always thought the daleks were by far the lamest villains in exsistence but my opinion has been shattered. They may not be number one but those insane buckets of bolts sure are something. Great acting I thought all the way through when the first " EXTERMINATE!" came to ground communications and even though I thought the captain jack guy is a bit meh good acting on him. The look on his face and just the whole "theres nothing I can do. Im sorry" was bit whoah to see as Im a torchwood fan and if anyones going to survive it cept for the doctor I thought it would be capn jack but he actually looked scared awesome.

Some epic shots which may be soon going up as my background and a new doctor? I think we would have learnt something before about a new doctor. My theory is this ( possible spoilers? Im just that good )

The Doctor is hurt so badly, he cant properly regenerate completely so Donna gets the tardis and shifts ass back to the police of the edge of space thing. Some alien superbeing somehow I dont know..energy soul whatever is taken from donna and used to heal the Doctor back to his last form. Since he didnt regernate himself so its the same version of the doctor, donna has the loss she was warned about no new doctor and maybe the doctor will hook up with a new assistant or possibly an old one? Whatd you think guys? Oh also Donna`s family survive thanks to Billy`s protection.
    Why arent you laughing?

capncnut
    Just a few more hours kiddies and all will be revealed...

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll have to record it, then watch it after it's finished (dinner round 'ere is usually after six, so it's too tight a squeeze like).

Still though, there's an excuse to watch an episode of Life on Mars (I recently started going through them, as I'd not seen it when it was on telly) ... then shove in Dr Who's awesome finale ... then some more LoM.

*additional* This is my 11,111th post! SO MANY ONES!!!!11!11!!1!!!

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Feeble but:
    Davros was great
    Daleks speaking German was surreal
    Christmas trailer.

capncnut
    EXTERMINATEN!
    EXTERMINATEN!

I really enjoyed the episode but the ending was far too overlong for my liking.

Super Moderator

UK
    I think the ending was as long as it needed to be really, there was a lot of loose ends and such, lots of characters to send hither and thither, the whole Donna thing, then Rose and Part-Human Doctor and all sorts.

If it had been skimped on, the more emotional impact of it all would have been lost I reckon.

Top episode though.

capncnut
    And we got the Cybermen this Christmas, with the possibility of a new companion (or two) to check out! I wonder what's gonna happen with that?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Red face

after it did the normal run length it just ended in mindless fan service, good, but the previous episode was better, this was like a bad episode of star trek voyager near the end.

Nice to see cybermen in the olden days though.