Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ledger's Joker Creating Oscar Buzz

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    And SRP....the people making The Godfather thought Pacino was doing an excellent job while filming. But what do they know?

"Columbus got in a boat once, and ended up in the Caribbean. Therefore, every time anyone gets in a boat, they will end up in the Caribbean".

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's really no point in arguing about it. I'm a Batman fan so my opinion is always going to appear biased and because of Ledger's death people are going to think he's receiving praise because he's passed, but in the end, we'll just have to continue this conversation after we see the film.

Obviously there's two sides to every coin(pun intended), so some will like it and some won't. Well...MOST will like it, some won't. heh heh.

Regardless of our viewpoints on Ledger and his role, all the reviews coming in recently suggest that it's a great movie. That's really the most we can hope for.

Super Moderator

UK
    Just saw on Kevin Smith's blog - Silent Bob Speaks - that he's seen The Dark Knight.

He says its the Godfather 2 of superhero movies, and properly grown up and adult, and even more so than Batman Begins. Seriously awesome stuff basically.

He was also saying he'd be surprised if Ledger doesn't get at least a nomination for his performance - which is phenomenal apparently - and indeed he stands a really good chance of actually winning.

It's just a shame he's no longer around, he's done some amazing acting before - like in Brokeback Mountain, which was a superb piece of filmmaking - so by the sounds of it, he certainly went out on top.

With all this pre-release build up, I've about ran out of happy-zone-juice!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Some Joker clippage:

And the prologue of the film:

United States
    right now i've decided not to watch any more clips from TDK, as i've seen enough in the trailers already to make me almost fanatical about seeing this film ASAP.

as for ledger, i was a bit "huh" when i heard they'd picked him, but having seen a few very good performances by the guy, i kept my opinion neutral until i saw the first clip. and from what i've seen, he's gonna be great. while some people's perceptions will no doubt be altered due to his death, it doesn't change the fact that mr. ledger is one of the finest actors of his generation and playing an iconic villain in a sequel to a great film. he's gonna get all kinds of recognition for his part, and it'd be the same if he was still alive.

i'm currently taking summer courses, and one i took was about ethics and morality in the media. for my final paper i did an examination of TDK's marketing and how ledger's death has impacted it. and i got an 'A'