Thread: Go Cameron go!

Administrator

England

Go Cameron go!

Yer!!! Hope he hasn't lost his magic touch!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060301i.php
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    It's about time that gruff bloke got back in the director's chair, it's time for him to elevate action cinema to it's proper level after too much "xXx" and wiggas in modified cars.

I had a dream I was being directed by Cameron once, I was in a scene with two chicks - no, not THAT sort of dream (unfortunately) - but me being a terrible actor, I kept sucking big time and was making the Cam-ster really mad...then there was something about a bathroom...and then I woke up, ha!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

How long has it been?...

Almost ten years since he last directed a flick? A hollywood flick, anyway. Those Titanic expedition things don't really count in my opinion.

Titanic was released in 1997 and that was his last major film. Ten years is a long time. Let's hope Ol' Jim can continue the styles he started with "Aliens", "Terminator 1 & 2", "The Abyss", and "True Lies"..

Fiji
    it really hasn't been ten years, he's pumped out alteast three doccumentries since then, all of them are actually pretty good.

Besides, Cameron in even less than top form, is still infinitely better than half of the scum****s curently making movies.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    Besides, Cameron in even less than top form, is still infinitely better than half of the scum****s curently making movies.

I couldn't agree more. So many hacks are out there making bad movies that they blame the slump in the movies on illeagle downloading, nevermind that there is so much $hit out there that people don't want to spend $8 or more to see it.

I get so many people at work telling me that they would rather pay $3.69 to rent a movie they are unsure of than going to the movies and paying $8 only to watch garbage. We need some originality again.

Super Moderator

UK
    Exactly - you only spend your hard-earned mula, which gets taxed out your ass, on 'sure things'. I'm the same way, if I know I'll get a lot of use out of the DVD and know for sure I'll like the flick - I get the DVD, or buy the game, or the CD - but if it's stuff I'm not sure about or flicks which are for the "good, but nothing special" pile - that's where downloading comes in.

My DVD shelf has over 300 titles now, and that's a lotta cash, and in this day and age - with SO MUCH media flying around that you want to see - you could never, ever afford to buy it all ... unless you were on MTV Cribs showing poor people via TV your "room that we never use" all decorated with expensive ****e.

Grrr...