Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 300 Prequel?

Super Moderator

UK
    highly styalized graphic comic book adaptation
    So you don't mind that in 300 - which is apparently based on actual history - but you sh*t your ass over Wanted, which you've not even seen yet.

are we talking about 'Wanted' again?
    Lena got her tatties out in 300 (one of the better parts I have to say, because yes, if given the opportunity I would put my penis in her vagina and perform a rapid "in, out, in, out" motion till I was finished being happy), whereas Jolie gets her arse out once for about three seconds in the entirety of Wanted, which goes on for about two hours.

Otherwise, there is a fair lack of Jolie body exposure, or even lechery, in all of Wanted ... meanwhile in 300, there are nipples everywhere - and I mean everywhere. If they're not flapping around on the chest of Lena, they're all covered in bronze oil and being reflected in a bunch of butch swords getting flung about by dudes in leather pants and red capes ... now that I speak of it in such a way, 300 sounds proper daft.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    So you don't mind that in 300 - which is apparently based on actual history - but you sh*t your ass over Wanted, which you've not even seen yet.
    Hey! I've said over and over again I'm only judging Wanted on the clips I've seen thus far, and I could well be wrong about it...

As for 300, as 'stylized' as it was, it had it's feet far more on the ground in terms of general reality and believabilty than what I've seen of 'Wanted', even if it it does feature a 10ft muscle man lady boy!

But hey! Maybe I'll see 'Wanted' and dig it... And all the utter lack of any attempt at any form of 'rules' and believability won't bug me as just being a lazy attempt to throw CGI thrills on the screen
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Maybe I'll see 'Wanted' and dig it... And all the utter lack of any attempt at any form of 'rules' and believability won't bug me as just being a lazy attempt to throw CGI thrills on the screen
    Hey, if it didn't bother you with 300, you've probably got a pretty good shot of swallowing whatever gets served up to you, providing it has a side of that greasy, glitzy CGI.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Well I'm with Neil. I liked the movie a lot. I realise that most of you guys are just bitter at Zach for Dawn. .but get over it. Theat was a good movie too. I would like to know where exactly these flimsy plot points are that you speak of. It's a comic book movie for God's sake. The plot seemed pretty strong to me. It was a movie about bad guys comming, we have to stop them.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I actually like 300 more than the Dawn remake, so obviously it's got nothing to do with the director or his past films.

It's just a throw away popcorn flick. That's what they meant it to be, I know, but I had literally forgotten most of it by the time I was walking through the theater parking lot. It looks great but really has no staying power.

Super Moderator

United States
    Most people know I like DotD 04.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Sorry , forgot
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."