Thread: aint it cool gives dark night big praise, and hellboy 2 as well?!?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

aint it cool gives dark night big praise, and hellboy 2 as well?!?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37285

Now im a long time hellboy fan, as much as bassman is for batman, so no doubt id love it. Del toro is one of my all time favorite filmmakers, his visual style is superb. but i didn't expect to see hellboy 2 being described as this generations a new hope, there's even people saying it outdo's pans labyrinth.
    i knew form the comics it had the potential to do that, mike mignola writes monsters that are so human. but even though del toro is a big hellboy fan i still wasn't expecting more than another spiderman 3 in terms of filmmaking.
    but its not being seen as a comic book movie but just an excellent movie. and i cant wait.

As for the dark night, there saying that kids shouldn't see it because Harvey dents face is too graphic, and that ,and this is my favorite part "the joker should be a guy who tells a bad joke and laughs alone whilst everyone in the room cowers in confused fear" now THAT is the joker i remember reading in the detective comics.

im excited about both, always have been since they were announced, but being compared to star wars and the godfather?
    these are looking to be something a bit more special than marvels latest popcorn outings.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I think it's funny how things are turning out for Marvel. When Iron Man came out all these movie reviews sites ate it up and gave it great reviews. Now they're saying it's pointless next to The Dark Knight.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well iron man and hulk were money makers, but dark night and hellboy are being taken seriously, and wills till make loads of money.

Heres me wondering about if theyll adapt the hellboy/batman crossover comics...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh my God. Warner Brothers has released an awesome clip of a showdown between The Batman and The Joker....

capncnut
    "Holy surfboards, Batman!"

Dead

Undisclosed
    There's no doubt in my mind that Dark Knight will be a great film, not just a good movie, but an actual film that actually gets into the characters as Batman Begins started. With Hellboy 2, I'm expecting it to be like the first one (which I thoroughly enjoyed but nobody else I knew did) if not better. Even if I did have doubts about H2, I think this ad really sealed the deal for me...