Thread: mystery movie

Chasing Prey

Canada

mystery movie

i remember seeing a movie as a kid (mid 80's) and it was a horror flick obviously. i cant remember the name,but all i know is the main character went through some kind of metamorphosis like he was turning into some kind of creature. he had a job as an ambulance EMT guy i think. cuz one of the final scenes has him kinda half changed and with the EMT jacket still on. any help is VERY much appreciated. thank you so much.

United States
    well, he wasn't a main character, but in "the twilight zone movie" from 1983, dan akroyd plays a minor role in the beginning and ending sequences as a guy who happens to be a beast-man-demon-thing-dude.

he appears again at the end as an ambulance driver who wants to show somebody something really scary.

perhaps you were thinking of this?

EDIT: whoa...i didn't realize that vic morrow died on the set of this film! i remember him from watching the tv show "combat" with my old man, and recalled that he was in this movie, but wow...he was decapitated by a crashing helicopter during a shoot. 2 young children were also killed.

for those that gotta see, here it is.

Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 05-Jul-2008 at 09:16 AM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    for those that gotta see, here it is.
    There I was, rubbing my hands with glee expecting to see some major first class head choppage. And nothing.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    yea that wasnt it. thamk u so much tho. this was like a low budget 80's film. the guy was the main story and he had some kind of monster or villain to fight at the end.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    mosquitoman?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    mosquitoman?

nope, way too recent

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i remember seeing a movie as a kid (mid 80's) and it was a horror flick obviously. i cant remember the name,but all i know is the main character went through some kind of metamorphosis like he was turning into some kind of creature. he had a job as an ambulance EMT guy i think. cuz one of the final scenes has him kinda half changed and with the EMT jacket still on. any help is VERY much appreciated. thank you so much.
    Even though the main character is no EMT and I can't remember him "fighting" at the end, your description keeps reminding me of "The Incredible Melting Man".

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    Even though the main character is no EMT and I can't remember him "fighting" at the end, your description keeps reminding me of "The Incredible Melting Man".
    honestly,that might be it. i'd have to rent it though. thanks to everyone ehre for helping, i really appreciate it. its just somethin thats been bugging me since i was like 13