Thread: So....Dragonball has a poster out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

So....Dragonball has a poster out.

There are many things i could fanboy bash, like goku holding the 3 star dragonball, not the iconic four star one and such, but you know whats really REALLY, bugging me?

Master roshi.

Chow yun fats master roshi has no beard. W.T.F. If you can get away with the protagonist having gokus hair, and having someone like james marsters play piccolo instead of a more apt choice like ron perlman surely you can give master roshi his beard?!?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

There are many things i could fanboy bash, like goku holding the 3 star dragonball, not the iconic four star one and such
    What you talking about? I see 4 stars.....

So uh....any infomation on the plot of this film yet?

Master roshi.

Chow yun fats master roshi has no beard. W.T.F.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't Roshi also.....uh...bald? I haven't seen the series in a while.....
    Last edited by Doc; 09-Jul-2008 at 06:22 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, I see four stars too.

I've never watched Dragon's-nuts-Zee, I just look at that poster and wonder if the dude holding the chuddy was actually bred in a lab to look like an anime person. Seriously, look at the state of him, he doesn't look human!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh yeah, didnt see that star at the bottom.

Basically its the plot near the end of dragonball, with goku fighting piccollo.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hrm. It looks like they're keeping the spirit of the source material. By that I mean it looks pretty dumb. Sorry, I've just never liked this stuff.

The asian ladies are a nice touch, though...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    lest they kept roshi in his hawaiian shirt, that bitch is mandatory!

United States
    oh yeah, didnt see that star at the bottom.

Basically its the plot near the end of dragonball, with goku fighting piccollo.
    WAH?

So uh, how are the dragon balls gonna be involved?

If I remember right he fights Piccolo in a tournament right?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well the dragonballs grant any wish so it'd be kinda hard not to tie them in.
    y'know, what with the series being called "dragonball" and all that.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What happened to the Z? I thought it was Dragonball Z?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Nah, actually dragonball Z is the sequel spin off series.

The original was about a small kid with a tail ,called goku, raised by a marital arts master in the mountains, his master ,gohan, dies and he teams up with a girl genius called bulma to travel the world looking for the 7 dragonballs, crystal balls which summon the dragon shen-ron who can grant 1 wish, then the dragonball's are re-scattered across the globe and become inactive for one year.
    Obvoisuly there are bad guys who want the dragonballs for immortality and the like, and its up to goku and the freinds he makes on the way to stop them just a straight up fantasy martial arts story.

...then you've got dragonball z, set years after the finale of dragonball, and it takes a very sci-fi tone, it turns out goku is in fact an alien sent to destroy the planet, but due to a head trauma incident when he was being raised by gohan he lost his aggressive saiyan nature.
    Though it quickly degenrates into a constant formulae of a new enemy with "a power we never seen before" showing up, they train for a bit, do 4 episodes of "chargin' mah lazor!" action and flashbacks, beat them and then anothe rone appears, they do this about 5 times then the series ends.

Then theres GT were he is accidentally wished to become a kid again and the dragonballs are scattered over the universe, so its the same thing but a raod trip style, though eventually that does have a decent ending, goku ifnally dies and stays dead and life on earth goes back to normal, there was even a movie set generations later about his descendant retracing his ancestors routes as he believes the 4 star dragonball, the one that belonged to gohan and then goku, can cure his grandmother, gokus granddaughter of an illness.
    Only its back to fantasy martial arts, not sci-fi again so its not bad.

I hear tell that ,given the stirring of fans by this movie, there is talk about another series in the works, although its going to completely ignore dragonball gt and start a new canonical path instead.

United States
    ...then you've got dragonball z, set years after the finale of dragonball, and it takes a very sci-fi tone, it turns out goku is in fact an alien sent to destroy the planet, but due to a head trauma incident when he was being raised by gohan he lost his aggressive saiyan nature.
    Though it quickly degenrates into a constant formulae of a new enemy with "a power we never seen before" showing up, they train for a bit, do 4 episodes of "chargin' mah lazor!" action and flashbacks, beat them and then anothe rone appears, they do this about 5 times then the series ends.

Yeah thats pretty much the Dragon ball Z series there.

Hey man Manji Buu was the last enemy they fought in Z right?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Hrm. It looks like they're keeping the spirit of the source material. By that I mean it looks pretty dumb.
    'Nuff said.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    WTF IS THIS STUPID BULL****?!! This isn't Dragonball. I wouldn't even pass this crap off as GT and it sucked ass, too. Don't tell me that one of those chicks is Bulma, because that's bull****. Its bad enough that they made one ****ty live action Dragonball movie, but another? I would much rather see a continuation of the anime, than this ****. My friends and myself will boycott it.