Thread: survivors remake update...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

survivors remake update...

looks like it will be on bbc one this fall. the pilot is done and they are well into the second shooting block.

i am looking forward to seeing how this has been "updated."

Survivors Gears Up For More

British writer and producer Adrian Hodges told SCI FI Wire on July 8 that a remake of the 1970s post-apocalyptic TV series Survivors will be ready to broadcast this fall on the United Kingdom's BBC One and that more episodes are going into production. The show could eventually find its way to the United States on BBC America, he added.

Hodges--who was in Beverly Hills, Calif., to promote the U.S. debut of the time-travel series Primeval on BBC America--said that he is very happy with the remake of the show, which originally debuted in 1975 and is based on the SF novel by Terry Nation.

"We completed the pilot, and it's ready to premiere, and we're well into shooting the second block," Hodges, who is the executive producer and writer of both projects, said at the Television Critics Association press tour.

Survivors tells the story of a group of humans who survive a virus that has wiped out most of the world's population. Julie Graham, Max Beesley and Nikki Amuka-Bird are among the ensemble cast, as is Freema Agyeman, who plays Martha Jones on Doctor Who and Torchwood. "[She] is very much involved in the show, too," Hodges said.

The original Survivors aired for three seasons. Hodges said that he hopes that the latest incarnation goes even longer. "It confronts our deepest fears when everything else is stripped away," he said. "Do you fall apart or fight or retreat?"

Primeval, which has aired two season in Great Britain, is coming to BBC America in August.

"I can't say much more because I will be shot from both sides for anything I say," Hodges said, referring to both Primeval and Survivors teams. --Mike Szymanski

England
    Well, they've managed to cram in a "devout muslim" and a "gay person" so, standard BBC PC throat gagging fare IMO.

F*ck 'em, I'll stick with the originals which told a great story and didn't try to ram any agendas down my throat.

Full casting here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/print/pressoffi...urvivors.shtml
    Last edited by Legion2213; 09-Jul-2008 at 07:24 PM.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon