Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greatest fight scene ever...

Administrator

England

Post Greatest fight scene ever...

And when you've recovered from that...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Those are FAN-TASTIC!!!

I love the second one, although I now fear I am emotionally scared for life.

Administrator

England
    I had tears down my face at times I was laughing so much
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The first video was hilarious.

The second one, however, I couldn't even force myself to laugh at because of how fake it seems to me.

Here's my favorite fight scene of all time:

Undisclosed
    I love They Live...What a telling story of our current times.

Gotta give it up for the Piper...he does an admirable job acting in this carpenter film.

If anyone, and I mean ANYONE has not seen this, RUN not walk to the vid store and rent it.

Undisclosed
    Never seen "They live" but judging from that looks like a fun. Does it get the HPOTD seal of approval? Im not so much a fan of Carpenter, some of his films I think are genius other leak fail : Cough : Ghosts of Mars : Cough :
    Why arent you laughing?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    Never seen "They live" but judging from that looks like a fun. Does it get the HPOTD seal of approval? Im not so much a fan of Carpenter, some of his films I think are genius other leak fail : Cough : Ghosts of Mars : Cough :
    Yeah, it's awesome.

Ghosts of Mars is a newer Carpenter flick. His newer films aren't so good. He was in his prime in the 80's, though. The Thing, Starman, Escape from NY, The Live. So yeah....see They Live. It's awesome.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You MUST get this movie!!! Not only is a great sci-fi/action film but, like Skippy said, it is also pretty much a perfect social commentary of the present.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    you must see "they live." period. great, fun movie.

"i have come here to chew bubble gum and to kick ass. i'm all outta bubblegum." classic roddy piper line from that flick.

"The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Tis great fun!
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    "Thats like putting perfume on a pig"

I must say I was disappointed in escape from LA as well as Ggosts of Mars, but this little flick "They Live" was DA BOMB....

United States
    Dammit Scip!!!! You stole my line again!!!!

I love They Live. One of my favorite movies ever.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Come on, guys. I love They Live, but we all know that this film has the best fight scenes ever:

Incredible film, isn't it?

F*ck.....thank you, Christopher Nolan.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Definitely the fight between Roddy Piper and Keith David in They Live. You got to love that belly-to-back suplex!

Another memorable fight, even if it was anti-climatic is between Gunny and the Swede in Heartbreak Ridge.