Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Oh, and another thing. Apparently Snyder has changed the ending.
    Well, within reason that might be very acceptable depending on whether the main backdrop of the film is to be the cold war or not.

As far as the updated trailer looking good, I'm happy about that. I don't have the vitriol for Snyder that some others do, but I agree that he is probably at his best in formulating tightly packaged pieces, by that I mean he would probably be great at directing car commercials, working in short formats and handling slick, short, fast paced films. I do think 300 was drek, not to revisit that sad, sad way too long conversation, but I do have to admit that Snyder achieved his stated (albeit limited) aims fairly well with regards to that film.

I'm crossing my fingers, but not getting my hopes too sky high. And, yes, I'll be there opening weekend.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well, within reason that might be very acceptable depending on whether the main backdrop of the film is to be the cold war or not.

It is. I imagine by that statement you've read the novel, so this is reportedly what the new ending is....

"There was no squid... He and Dr Manhattan built a machine to mimic the powers of Dr Manhattan, under the guise of "free energy" to solve the energy crisis. Unbeknown to Manhattan, he used the machine to set off an atomic bomb like thing in various large cities around the world."

There have been several rumors like this, but it could all be BS. Apparently there has been one test screening and even then, Snyder could have made a fake ending to throw people off. I just hope he doesn't change something huge. Like Rorshach's destiny or something...

Super Moderator

United States
    I was scared to click on the link, but did in the end. Sounds interesting and makes me sketpical, but I'll probably just let it lie till opening night and then go all crazy if I don't like it

I just hope he doesn't change something huge. Like Rorshach's destiny or something...
    Yup, that'd be a horrible disservice and completely undercut the underlying tenets of how the character was originally written.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    It is. I imagine by that statement you've read the novel, so this is reportedly what the new ending is....

"There was no squid... He and Dr Manhattan built a machine to mimic the powers of Dr Manhattan, under the guise of "free energy" to solve the energy crisis. Unbeknown to Manhattan, he used the machine to set off an atomic bomb like thing in various large cities around the world."

There have been several rumors like this, but it could all be BS. Apparently there has been one test screening and even then, Snyder could have made a fake ending to throw people off. I just hope he doesn't change something huge. Like Rorshach's destiny or something...

to be honest i prefer the origional but i had to read it 3 times in a row beforei "got it" comepltely, i dont think many people would be happy with that sor tof an ending.

unless every person is sat down before they go in and told " alan moore is a ****ing genius, and 10 foot tall, so just run with it"

United States
    And if Alan Moore were here, he would consume the English with fire from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Oh, and another thing. Apparently Snyder has changed the ending.

I've got REALLY high hopes for this one & yet am still skeptical at the same time. I've never been able to wrap my head around how you can translate the graphic novel & still do it justice. There's just so much crammed into the magazine &newspaper clippings, journal excerpts, excerpts from "Under The Hood", the case files, "Tales from the Black Freighter" etc. Even the panels of artwork are crammed full of little details. Plus a lot of the story doesn't even revolve around the main characters, but all the little subplot characters.

I fear what we'll end up with is just the main story with no frills, which will be like a hollow shell w/ no heart (to me).

JMO, YMMV.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    And if Alan Moore were here, he would consume the English with fire from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse!!
    Are you saying he's dead? Moore is still alive, dude....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    he can die?, i thought he was indestructible, he could outstare chuck norris like a pink bitch.

and outbeard him.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    he can die?, i thought he was indestructible, he could outstare chuck norris like a pink bitch.

and outbeard him.

I bet he has things living in his beard. Maybe a birds nest like Peter Griffin had?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

I bet he has things living in his beard. Maybe a birds nest like Peter Griffin had?
    i thought wed already cleared up tat its a snake god that will sing the worlds end, GAH!, your note taking abilities leave a lot to be desired my good sir!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I believe the key to finding the meaning of life is hidden somewhere deep within the darkness of Alan Moore's beard.

But back to topic...

In the original trailer when Night Owl is screaming in the snow....I don't remember that. Maybe that's at the end when Manhatan takes care of Rorshach?

Or maybe Snyder is throwing in another zombie baby to make it "cool".

United States
    Nope, not saying that at all.

Besides. .if he were to die, we would all soon follow, as the destruction of his physical form would cause the breakdown of our reality!!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    ...if he were to die, we would all soon follow, as the destruction of his physical form would cause the breakdown of our reality!!
    Really? Wasn't aware of that one, but I have always suspected A. Moore of being one of the many masks of Nyarlathotep.

And at the last from inner Egypt came
    The strange dark one to whom the fellahs bowed;
    Silent and lean and cryptically proud,
    And wrapped in fabrics red as sunset flame.
    Throngs pressed around, frantic for his commands,
    But leaving, could not say what they had heard;
    While through the nations spread the awestruck word
    That wild beasts followed him and licked his hands.

Soon from the sea a noxious birth began:
    Forgotten lands with weedy spires of gold;
    The ground was cleft, and mad auroras rolled
    Down on the quaking citadels of man.
    Then, crushing what he chanced to mould in play,
    The idiot Chaos blew Earth's dust away.

United States
    You are just too awesome for words Aces.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Latest Trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808406490/video/10658091

I gotta say....I'm getting more and more hyped about this flick. Maybe Snyder did something right.