Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Knight takes a record $155m

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The only reason I own Spidey 3 is because it came free with my PS3. Otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my money on that flick. Raimi and Sony spent $258 million to make the film, yet TDK cost $180 and was a much better flick. Now I don't care for TDK as much as some of you do, I felt Batman Begins is just the cream of the crop when it comes to Batman films, but Spidey 3 was an insult.

I pray to god they don't make another Spider-Man film. Spidey 2 was the best of the series and they should have stopped after that one.

As far as Indy 4, I have not seen it nor will I ever see it. I like to keep things simple and the first 3 Indy films were enough for me. I saw no reason for a fourth and after hearing some of the complaints and fool-hearted story choices I am glad I chose to sit that one out.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Spidey 3 was a joke. That last fight scene with the reporter cutting in with "oh no, spidey is gonna fall" etc, was just crap.

holy crap dude, i almost forgot about that part. those news reports at the end were ridiculous, annoying, and totally fu(king unneccessary.

back to topic, i'm going to see TDK again on friday afternoon, adding to the huge amount of loot this film is gonna rake in.

Dead

Undisclosed
    just an update, TDK has become the fastest movie to reach $200 million

http://http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

should it continue to keep it up it could soon reach the $300 million marker faster than Pirates of the Caribbean 2 which took 16 days to do so.

Undisclosed
    Yes, but can it beat Titanic???? To think that Titanic made 700 million in America i crazy. Just goes to show that you can put all the money in the world into a movie and blow up all you want. And have millions of dollars in CGI and Special Effects. But if you don't have a good story with it, its not gonna matter.

Dead

Undisclosed
    there's no way it can beat out Titanic. That movie's gross was $600 million domestic with an additional BILLION overseas for almost a $2 billion gross. Even before adjusting for inflation that is quite a number to compete with and I am not sure TDK has the potential to continue raking in these numbers. I wish it would because it would be worth every dollar it earns but you have to remember Titanic was a runaway success that nobody saw coming considering it had an opening weekend gross of only $28 million but managed to stay #1 consecutively from December 19th to April 3rd when it was knocked out by Lost in Space if I remember correctly. While I would like to see that kind of success from TDK, I do not see it being able to keep up the pace.

Undisclosed
    thats so crazy to me how that movie just... dominated for so long.

United States
    Girls. Whiney romantic little girls. With Daddy's credit card. That's how Titanic made it so big.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    thats a little sexist. and pretty untrue. it made alot of money because it was an extremely good movie. i remember seeing it in march of 98 and it was still a packed theater. with mostly men.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    titanic was a crappy, sappy, overwrought film that irriated the hell out of me. i saw it with my girlfriend at the time and for most of the last part of the movie the chick in the seat next to me was boo-hooing. one of the worst cinema experiences ever. i have no liking for titanic.

now back to the matter at hand:

doesn't surprise me a bit that dark knight has jumped out of the gate with a rush. i think it will easily turn out to be one the biggest movies of this decade. i have yet to see it, i'll probably wait until the hoopla dies down a bit. i really don't care to see movies in crowded theaters.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm either gonna see it in a morning showing for the lower crowds, or wait longer for the lower crowds and see it in "prime time".

I'd prefer the former. It's cheaper, less crowded, and sooner.