Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian Bale arrested in London

capncnut

Christian Bale arrested in London

Allegedy his mother and sister alerted police that he committed an assault after the premiere.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=672044

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Whom did he assault, I wonder. It doesn't make it clear to me that it was his sister and mother which he assaulted.

Administrator

England
    You wait till Alfred finds out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Whom did he assault, I wonder. It doesn't make it clear to me that it was his sister and mother which he assaulted.
    Sister and mother...

He's out on bail now...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7519689.stm

What a mess!
    Last edited by Neil; 22-Jul-2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Great. More "negative" publicity for The Dark Knight.

WHICH IS AWESOOOOME!!!!

Dead

Undisclosed
    on an unrelated note another man was arrested around the same time and complained of stomach pains. Bale repeatedly asked for his phone call...could get interesting!

United States
    Took me a second. . . but funny.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Norway
    The news source has an linked article wich pretty much assume that he did assult his mother and sister and ask if he has child-star syndrome.

Does that include relatives who pester you for money? My guess is that the mother and sister is trying to scam him for money. Anyone who makes their child work as an actor is a bad parent anyway and I sincerly doubt that the mother is truthfull here.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Does that include relatives who pester you for money? My guess is that the mother and sister is trying to scam him for money. Anyone who makes their child work as an actor is a bad parent anyway and I sincerly doubt that the mother is truthfull here.
    Good guess, Trench.

Bale's sister Sharon needed 100,000 pounds. When she asked him to lend her the amount, he "pushed and shoved" her and his mother as well.

A source associated with the case said: "Bale is a very wealthy young man and was asked to help his sister out financially. He was asked to loan her 100,000 pounds, but he refused and that caused an almighty row. During that row, the women claim, he assaulted them by pushing and shoving them.

"Both Jenny and Sharon are terribly upset over what happened. They did not want any publicity and the last thing they wanted to do was wreck his premiere evening. But they say he bullied them. They are both devastated that it has come to this but want him to be taught a lesson."
    Click for full article.

Obviously he should give her the money but man, she sure picked a selfish time to ask...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Obviously he should give her the money but man, she sure picked a selfish time to ask...
    Difficult to suggest this... How do you know she hasn't asked 10 times before, he's given it to her, and never been paid back?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Difficult to suggest this... How do you know she hasn't asked 10 times before, he's given it to her, and never been paid back?
    Exactly, the reaction he gave might suggest he's been pestered many times for money, and the issue of the child star thing and the parental vibe, aye that makes a lot of sense.

Someone clearly tried to cash in and make a quick buck by saying he exploded on the T4 set and bitched out the DP after he messed up a shot, but someone else on set said it had been blown up out of proportion and that Bale was having a bad day - this was a couple of days before the premiere, and this main incident - so perhaps he'd been pestered for cash by his sister, and was all pissed off over it - and was still pissed off, hence the "push and shove" at the premiere.

I'd hardly call a push and a shove assault though. Flat out punching somebody in the face, that's assault, but a push and a shove? Christ, grow at least one testicle.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a case of him getting hassled for cash, because he is a rich man now and worth a lot too, and it's not the first time such a thing has happened.

Also, we don't know all the details, nor how their family dynamic is.

And indeed - if they 'didn't want to ruin his premiere' - why the f*ck did they bring up the cash at all then?! Doi...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    f*ck her. of all the loserific types of people in the world, relatives that come begging for money are the worst - esp. brothers and sisters.

his sister "needs" 100,000 pounds - who the fu*k doesn't??

Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Anyone who makes their child work as an actor is a bad parent anyway and I sincerly doubt that the mother is truthfull here.
    not just a bad parent but a horrid one. i mean let's think about this for a second - do we really need kids in movies or tv shows? no, we don't. call me crazy but kids would be better served by having an actual childhood, you know school, friends, playing, running, sports, etc., than by making mommy and daddy money by working as an actor. worse yet are the parents that are attempting to live vicarously through their kids.
    Last edited by Mike70; 24-Jul-2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    Apparently Bale was constantly bullied and beaten up after appearing in Empire of the Sun ... poor bugger.

And indeed, you "need" 100,000 quid?! Sounds like reckless spending just cos she's got a rich brother.

Bale doesn't strike me as a bastard either, so I'd assume he's right to be pissed about the money issue. And being shoved isn't assault for christ's sake, grow up.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Of course, I read into it differently for some reason but yeah, this could be the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Also, we don't know all the details, nor how their family dynamic is.
    Agreed.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've always loved Christian Bale's acting and roles. This is where it ends for me. That's what I don't get about these celebrity tabloids. Why is this different from anyone else? I've had fights with family members just as we all have. He get's picked out because he's a celebrity.

I watch his films. His roles. His career. What does his personal life have to do with that, you know?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I watch his films. His roles. His career. What does his personal life have to do with that, you know?
    Say that to the 'E' Entertainment channel.