Thread: So,hellboy 2 then.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

So,hellboy 2 then.

i a word, bitchin'. i think i prefer the first ,since it was base don mignolas comic books, but this one was good in its own way. the bad guy was a cliche lord of the rings throwback but the best parts were never really about the bad guy, my favorite part being when hellboy and abe are pissed singing a drunken duet of "i cant smile without you" as well as the usual superhero action there was a lot of laugh out loud moments and ron pearlman IS hellboy in this, more so than downey jr as tony stark, he gets across the comic book character perfectly.
    theres defo a hellboy 3 in the works given the nature of the ending and the hint and references throughout.

definitely worth a viewing in the cinema. not as good as the first in some ways, better in others.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Took the family to see it opening weekend and we all loved it. This one was somehow "bigger" than the first one. Can't wait to get it on BluRay.

capncnut
    Yeah, I'm really up for this. Saw Hellboy recently (I had previously ignored it 'cos I generally loathe comic to film adaptations) and was quite impressed.

That said, I'm not looking forward to Cameron's Battle Angel Alita trilogy. At all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Didn't really love the first Hellboy. I liked the fact that it wasn't an origin story, of which we've had way to many. The film starts, Hellboy is presented in 15 minutes and that's it. Off we go with the adventure!

But the adventure itself was kinda dull. Hellboy 2 looks alot more actionpacked tho.

Dead

Undisclosed
    I liked Hellboy 2, but I think the first was far better. Don't get me wrong the second installment was enjoyable but I found so many problems with it that kept a movie with great potential from being better than its predecessor. I think the two biggest problems were the incredibly predictable ending and the obvious hangover from Pan's Labyrinth. The character designs were unique, but to me it just didn't sit right with the Hellboy universe established in the first film. I didn't have so much of a problem with the look of the film compared to the ending.

when the princess says she feels what her brother feels and vice versa, i automatically get the feeling she'll sacrifice herself. i just felt let down by that one.