Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucas milking even more money out of Star Wars...

Administrator

England

Lucas milking even more money out of Star Wars...

More talk of him 3D'ing the films...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-...e-It-9610.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Bound to happen to Star Wars, and bound to happen to many other movies too.

When Jim Cameron's fancy new 3-D wizardry comes out, there'll be loads of films getting the 3-D treatment at least on DVD, and quite possible in cinemas.

It was always gonna happen.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Bound to happen to Star Wars, and bound to happen to many other movies too.

When Jim Cameron's fancy new 3-D wizardry comes out, there'll be loads of films getting the 3-D treatment at least on DVD, and quite possible in cinemas.

It was always gonna happen.
    But this is nothing to do with Cameron?

This is a new technology where they can somehow 3D existing 2D films... Sounds VERY clever (as long as it works)...

Theoretically they can do any film... There's talk of doing it to the LOTR films as well...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Anything for the Kids. At this point my kids have grown to love these films, the good and the bad. (good=Ep4,5,6-Bad=1,2,3). We are very excited about the new cartoon coming and I hope Lucas takes more of this approach to the genre.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Anything for the Kids. At this point my kids have grown to love these films, the good and the bad. (good=Ep4,5,6-Bad=1,2,3). We are very excited about the new cartoon coming and I hope Lucas takes more of this approach to the genre.
    From what I've just read, your job as parent is basically complete
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    Dawn of the Dead is getting the treatment, supposedly.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Dawn of the Dead is getting the treatment, supposedly.

Can't they just leave Dawn alone.It's perfect the way it is.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    Can't they just leave Dawn alone.It's perfect the way it is.
    http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/05/...ing-3d-revamp/
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    A 3D version of Dawn would be the ultimate.

Super Moderator

UK
    Neil - what I was meaning is that Cameron is at the fore front of this whole new 3D tech. I've already heard about other, earlier (but new) 3D tech being talked about as "not all it's cracked up to be yet", but it's been maintained that Cameron will really bring 3D cinema properly into life - therefore, the whole "thing" of 3D becomes much larger - therefore, you get other companies setting up 3D processes and everybody hops on the band wagon.

That's more what I was getting at I guess, ach I duno ... ya picky bastard.

United States
    Didn't movies go through the 3D craze like a quarter of a century ago? What happened? It went over like a fart in church, that's what happened. I guess people don't learn their lesson.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Didn't movies go through the 3D craze like a quarter of a century ago? What happened? It went over like a fart in church, that's what happened. I guess people don't learn their lesson.
    Yes, but that was with those horrid green/red goggles... The modern polarised glasses are a big improvement!!
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    I entertain the thought of a 3D Star Wars set and let's face it, it'll go down a storm with fans, which means Brewster's Millions for Fox. Besides, I think all those lazers whipping through the screen could be fun. There's certainly a lot of room for cool 3D moments in the series.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    when was the last time lucas worked on anything not to do with star wars or spielburg?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    We are very excited about the new cartoon
    We

Unjack from the hivemind! There's no excuse for Episodes 1, 2 or 3

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany