Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red Ring of Death Question

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually dj, over here 360's are like 5 quid cheaper than a wii in some stores.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Whats the difference between a quid and a pound? Just so i can follow... you know us dumb amaericans, we use everything in dollars.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    LOL DJ. All that stuff gets me confused as well. We should have a legend at the bottom of the screen.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Whats the difference between a quid and a pound? Just so i can follow... you know us dumb amaericans, we use everything in dollars.
    A quid is a pound. And in GameStation a 2nd hand 360 is £189 whereas a Wii is £179. So ten pounds difference...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    i think ive had to explain this on here like a dozen times, at least, you guys have some kind of mental block about how simple this is.

dollar=a buck

pound=a quid

Super Moderator

UK
    No, not red ring, but it was a motherboard problem. There were no error messages, just the colours going all weird and then NO picture at all (and NO sound on my telly, but there was on a mate's, as well as a different lack of picture ... weird).

So it wasn't Red Ring, but it was a total loss of image and sound for me.

That was 9 months after getting the console, and when I got the Xbox, I specifically paid for an extra 2 years cover, because I figured I'd need it. I'd rather spend £50 rather than have to spend twice or thrice that to get it fixed without an extended warranty.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

That was 9 months after getting the console, and when I got the Xbox, I specifically paid for an extra 2 years cover, because I figured I'd need it. I'd rather spend £50 rather than have to spend twice or thrice that to get it fixed without an extended warranty.
    Wise move there. With hindsight, I should have done the same instead of being such a cheap bastard.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Wise move there. With hindsight, I should have done the same instead of being such a cheap bastard.
    I was obsessive about the Xbox before getting it, searching around and seeing what the talk was and weighing things up, and with the talk of hardware problems, I figured I'd be better getting the extended warranty with the increased likelihood of it cocking up.

I've still got just under 2 years left on it therefore with full coverage, so that's at least something...and then I assume beyond that, if I got RROD, I'd still be covered on that extended MS thing, which surely must take into account, and add onto, people's extended warranties.

If it doesn't, that's really low.

United States

Red ring of death.. One of the reasons why Several people i know dont buy 360s
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post

Red ring of death.. One of the reasons why Several people i know dont buy 360s
    Tell your friends to quit worrying. The chances of the newer (Falcon) model chipsets failing are extremely low. As long as they don't buy a used 360, they should be fine.