Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blair witch project

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    I'am a new-comer,and I haven't been hazed yet.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post

That isn't nice.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I like the film and all...but what exactly is the point of the thread?
    Yeah. I gotta agree here. Really. . what's the point? Mos't of us have seen it. The movie is old. The information. . while complete and all. . is pretty pointless. But yeah. . welcome to the thread man. "I don't know if you've been keeping up on current events man, but we just got. . . "
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    I'am a new-comer,and I haven't been hazed yet.
    Minion where's the KY jelly!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Is it wrong if i find this poor persons plight funny?

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yeah. I gotta agree here. Really. . what's the point? Mos't of us have seen it. The movie is old. The information. . while complete and all. . is pretty pointless. But yeah. . welcome to the thread man. "I don't know if you've been keeping up on current events man, but we just got. . . "

Thanks for the welcome.

You can all disagree with me but there Is a point maybe some of the members havent seen the movie and would like to know stuff about the movie.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    You can all disagree with me but there Is a point maybe some of the members havent seen the movie and would like to know stuff about the movie.
    But just cutting and pasting an entire Wiki article? With no opinion/thoughts/reason of your own?

And why not just link to the original article (which is presented better)? Confused...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blair_Witch_Project

On a side note, personally I feel with shooting style, believability, acting, and intensity, Blair Witch blows Diary out of the water!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    But just cutting and pasting an entire Wiki article? With no opinion/thoughts/reason of your own?

And why not just link to the original article (which is presented better)? Confused...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blair_Witch_Project
    I just felt like doing that.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    I just felt like doing that.
    That maybe, but the rules clearly state...

Quote Originally Posted by HPotD Rules
    Another example of trolling behaviour is ‘hit & run’ copy & paste posts.
    It's okay to copy and paste as long as there's some kind of question or topic behind it but in terms of just posting a lengthy wikipedia entry without any input of your own might be taken by some as trolling behaviour (even though that was not your intention).

If you wish to inform us of a movie, a link is sufficient. Plus a nice explanation as to why you gave us the link.

On a side note, personally I feel with shooting style, believability, acting, and intensity, Blair Witch blows Diary out of the water!
    I agree with you Neil. The first time I saw it was on a bad copy pirate VHS and the whole 'lost footage' feeling really seemed to work!
    Last edited by capncnut; 29-Jul-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    That maybe, but the rules clearly state...

It's okay to copy and paste as long as there's some kind of question or topic behind it but in terms of just posting a lengthy wikipedia entry without any input of your own might be taken by some as trolling behaviour (even though that was not your intention).

If you wish to inform us of a movie, a link is sufficient. Plus a nice explanation as to why you gave us the link.

It not actually a crime Is It but ok I will do next time thanks for letting me know buddy.

United States

Oh definitely. Blair Witch is the most effective movie of its type. I love it.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    I agree with you Neil. The first time I saw it was on a bad copy pirate VHS and the whole 'lost footage' feeling really seemed to work!
    Hey! Same here!

It really did add to the aesthetic in fact, cutting between black and white and colour as the tracking tried to wrestle with the old vhs, the third generation fuzz and such...ahhhh memories, back in the (whenever it was) of '99.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    my favorite movie of its kind, then dairy, and cloverfield can suck the last broadcasts balls, its utter ****e.

Undisclosed

Have to disagree with you. I was never so bored as I was when I saw the Blair Witch project. I thought it was beyond bad that had clever studio marketing behind it. I thought it was just bloody awful.

I'd rather watch Kingdom of the Crystal skull again (and that is really painful to do even though I'm a Indiana Jones fan).

Undisclosed
    Welcome to Horrormad! Dont worry about everyone worrying about the point of the thread. You wanted to share some information, thats what this place is for well that and somewhere for deadheads to conregate.

I didnt like the blair witch, I wanted to and I watched it when I was young with my cousin in a large old house at two in the morning in the dark while thunder and lightening tore up the sky outside. The perfect setting for some horror and meh..it was rubbish. I wanted something, I understand the necesity of tense and the unknown but I like something to bite my teeth into. If theres nothing there just some twigs and an old legend then screw it, now a hoarde of shamblers..They may be stupid and slow as hell but they are coming for you. No question asked.
    Why arent you laughing?